You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Tech Help
Moderated by Maffia

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Tech Help » Error Message when installing warchiefs
Bottom
Topic Subject:Error Message when installing warchiefs
mythmonster2
Skirmisher
posted 06-03-07 03:34 PM EDT (US)         
When I'm trying to install warchiefs near the end a message comes up saying

"Error 1305. Error reading from file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III\avi\xAct2FinalCine.bik.Verify the file exists and that you can access it.

So I go into the file it wanted me to and when I selected it, 2 errors came up

"Windows cannot find 'splash.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the start button and then click search." So when I go into that file and click on it, the screen that says Age of Empires III when you start it up comes.

and "ERROR: Could not find library"

Could someone please help me with this? I HAVE installed the game before but a restore wiped it out
AuthorReplies:
CookieCrisp13
Skirmisher
posted 06-04-07 03:23 PM EDT (US)     1 / 1       
possibly a bad disk

1335 and 1305
Are file read errors. 1335 indicates a corrupt cab file and might be a bad disk, bad CD-Rom reader. The test is to try to copy the entire contents of the CD to the hard drive (xcopy is best). If it fails to copy you either have a bad drive or bad CD-Rom.

Is an error trying to read from a file and may also be due to a corrupt cab file or other corrupted file on the CD, or file that's copied to the temp dir that hits a flakey sector. If it's not the CD-Rom or the CD-drive, then move the temp location

Proud winner of the FFA Winter Round '07!
[Judgε][Epic Thread]
My Vods:[One] [Two][Three][Four]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames