You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Tech Help
Moderated by Maffia

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Tech Help » Error 1316 when installing AOE - The Asian dynasties.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Error 1316 when installing AOE - The Asian dynasties.
EmpireEarthFan
Skirmisher
posted 04-19-11 06:30 PM EDT (US)         
I can't install AOE - TAD, when i install, I
1. Insert disk and install
2. Disk starts InstallWizard and checks OS and whatever.
3. When it actually starts to install, the error message comes.
4. It says "Error 1316.A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\Windows\Installer\Age of Empires III - The Asian Dynasties.msi.
5. It says "rolling back action" and I couldn't finish the installation.

Somebody help! This is really fustrating for me and I really would like to play this! I have all the other Age of Empires installed, the orignal and The War Chiefs. I have Windows Vista and the system requirements for the game.

By the way, I am (trying) to install AOE - TAD because of this. I wanted to clean up my pc so i uninstalled the AOE series and a mess of other stuff. Recently, I wanted to play AOE again, especially TAD, so, that's how i ended up trying to install this.

P.S: When I install, it says "uninstall" or "uninstalling" even though i'm installing. I not sure if this is normal.

Thanks for helping!

*note* I feel embarrassed about my username. I thought we would make a account for each of the "Heavens."

[This message has been edited by EmpireEarthFan (edited 04-19-2011 @ 06:32 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Maffia
AoE3H Seraph
(id: fred_ernie)
posted 04-19-11 06:41 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
When I install, it says "uninstall" or "uninstalling" even though i'm installing. I not sure if this is normal.
It sounds like the game didn't uninstall properly back when you uninstalled it, and there are still some registry values left that are telling Windows that TAD is still installed, best option would be to go into the registry and remove any values.

This month I have mostly been playing Dishonored Death of the Outsider and Darkest Dungeon
Steam - Maffia GFWL - Maffia01 YouTube - HGMaffia Twitter - @HGMaffia
Age of Empires 3 Heaven Seraph

What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare.
[This message hasn't been edited by fred_ernie (or Maffia) (not edited 12-29-2005 @ 09:57 AM).]
BilboBeutlin
Skirmisher
posted 04-19-11 07:22 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
You're using Windows Vista .. you must install "as administrator" :
Don't install by autostart. Instead launch manually the setup from CD, rightclick >> run as admin..
Maffia
AoE3H Seraph
posted 04-20-11 08:28 AM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
Try Bilbo's idea first.

This month I have mostly been playing Dishonored Death of the Outsider and Darkest Dungeon

[This message hasn't been edited by fred_ernie (or Maffia) (not edited 12-29-2005 @ 09:57 AM).]
EmpireEarthFan
Skirmisher
posted 04-20-11 11:36 AM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
Bilbo, I am using a "administrator" account.

Maffia, how would I delete the values?
Sorry, i'm not a "computer wiz"
Maffia
AoE3H Seraph
posted 04-20-11 02:19 PM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
You might be using an admin account, but are you doing the right click run as admin bit?

They are different.

To remove the registry values, first uninstall the versions of the game you have installed.

Click start and type "regedit"

Browse to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Microsoft -> Microsoft Games

Delete "Age of Empires 3 Expansion Pack 2"

(If that folder is there it is a good indication that this is your problem, if its not there is probably another issue.

Disclaimer: Editing of removing registry values can damage your computer, and should only be attempted by someone who knows what they are doing.

EmpireEarthFan
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-11 01:20 PM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
Hi, first, I want to aplogize for not replying right away. I really am sorry.

I have done what you said, but there is no "AOE Expansion Pack 2" in the Registery Editor. What should I do? Please help.

P.S I will give any info if you need it.
Maffia
AoE3H Seraph
posted 07-05-11 03:17 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
OK, try this:

Download and then run the Microsoft Windows Installer application installation and configuration service

The file you will download there is named: WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe

Then, after that installation concludes, download and then run the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

The file you will download there is named: msicuu2.exe

This program could potentially damage some components of the operating system installed on the computer and you use it at your own risk

-

After installing, first click the Windows Install Clean Up shortcut, then select the game you are having trouble uninstalling/reinstalling ("Age of Empires III - The Asian Dynasties"), then click "Remove"

After you complete that, try to reinstall.

You can then remove the two programs mentioned above, if you try this please let me know if it works.

EmpireEarthFan
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-11 06:12 PM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
Ok, this installation process is getting very problematic...

When I try to download and run the Microsoft Windows Installer, during the process (not even halfway), it says "Not enough storage space to process this command"

Then, it says "installation did not complete," and it shuts down.
Is there somthing I can do to fix this?

Maffia, I thank you for your quick and intelligent replies.

[This message has been edited by EmpireEarthFan (edited 07-05-2011 @ 07:46 PM).]

Maffia
AoE3H Seraph
posted 07-06-11 03:33 PM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
Ah, I see the problem, the Installer is for up to Win XP, try just running the registry cleaner.

EmpireEarthFan
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-11 06:23 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
Thanks, the process worked great. Now I can install my game with no problems. You saved me a good amount of money.
It's great to see this problem solved.

Thanks, Maffia.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames