You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Central
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » How to counter Dragoon spam
Bottom
Topic Subject:How to counter Dragoon spam
BiasTarantula
Skirmisher
posted 08-27-17 04:44 PM EDT (US)         
Hi guys, what is the best way to counter instant training Dragoon spam? I've tried musketeers but they don't work as well as I would like. What are your guys best cavalry counters.

Many thanks
AuthorReplies:
kaptain_kompost
Skirmisher
posted 09-12-17 12:10 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
If memory serves light infantry (skirmishers and bowmen) is the hard counter for heavy cavalry (dragoons and horse archers).
SkyOne578
Skirmisher
posted 09-13-17 05:15 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
@kaptain_kompost You mean light cavalry
Draco_Wolfgand
Skirmisher
posted 09-13-17 01:51 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
I thought Skirmishers were meant to primarially counter other infantry units with shorter range?
SkyOne578
Skirmisher
posted 09-13-17 02:22 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Yeah but they also counter ranged cavalry. See a mirror replay for example German vs German, FF and watch by yourself.
Draco_Wolfgand
Skirmisher
posted 09-15-17 10:36 AM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
I see. Huh. I always used Halberdiers against meele cavalry, Musketeers against ranged cavalry, and Skirmishers against other infantry units. It always seemed more self-intuitive for me for some reason. Oh, whelp. I always though Dragoons were quite overpowered as, for a unit that is-Suppose-To be weak against infantry it handled then pretty well, but maybe I was just fighting then the wrong way.
SkyOne578
Skirmisher
posted 09-15-17 01:57 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
According to me, that doesn't matter a lot provided that I have the advantage, since the musketeers are versatile. In ranged mode they are efficient against some infantry and in melee mode they are efficient against cavalry. At least that's what I think but I'm not sure. But I also think that musketeers in melee mode has no chance against dragoons
Yeah, I think dragoons are powerful too when you handle them correctly
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames