You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.23 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Proposal for a Chinese civ II
Bottom
Topic Subject:Proposal for a Chinese civ II
Belhelmel
Skirmisher
posted 02-21-03 11:06 PM EDT (US)         
OK, now about the gods and myth units.

Not all of the following three major gods are the most major and most important gods in ancient Chinese mythology, but will fit in the Zeus-Poseidon-Hades pattern well.

Yu Huang Da Di (Jade Emperor of Heaven)
----------------------------------------
After Pan Gu created the heavens and the earth, he assigned his first son to rule the heavens, he is the Jade Emperor of Heaven

God Power: The Banquet
Much like Thor's Dwarven Mine. You can place this table anywhere on the map. There'll be food on this table from which peasants can gather from. More food if you place it in later ages.

Myth Tech: Hundred Flower Fairies
One or two berry bushes would pop up near the town centre after about half a minute

Kai Long Huang (Sea Dragon King)
--------------------------------
Legendary ruler of the seas who rules from a lavish underwater palace

God Power: Tsunami
A tidal wave pops up and acts as a natural wall. Enemy units which enter the wave would be swept a few screens away and receive a small amount of damage. For buying time in case being rushed

Myth Tech: Blessing of the Seas
Increase gathering rate of fishing boats by about 10%

Yan Wang (Ruler of the underworld)
----------------------------------
Yan Wang, as ruler of 18 levels of the underworld, was a judge for the dead. The dead would be brought before him and judged for his deeds in his life. The worse the sins, the further down the underworld he would be sent. The meritable ones would be reborn as humans or animals.

God Power: Soup of Forgetfulness
All enemy units within a small radius (as small as Great Hunt) turn into Gaia units, ie. belonging to Mother Nature instead of the player. Reduced effect on villagers and no effect on heroes.

Myth Tech: 18th level of Hell
Increase the attack of towers by 1...or 2

OK, below are some candidate minor gods

Huang Di (The Yellow Emperor): Heroic Age
-----------------------------
Pan Gu's second son, sent to govern the earth. But Huang Di had to deal with the forces of Yan Di and another name I cannot translate.

God Power: Feng Shui
Click it on a target gold mine or tree. The gold mine or the bunch of trees would vanish from the map. Can be used to ruin an opponent's economy, during evacuation or prevention of Walking Woods

Myth unit: Qi Lin
Horse with a dragon's head. Has a special headbutt attack which flings opponents, does good crush damage

Myth unit: (name unknown)
Dragon headed turtle. No special attack, does good hack damage.

Myth Tech: Compass Chariot
Increases LOS and speed of cavalry

Hua Shen (Goddess of Flowers): Classical Age
-----------------------------
Pan Gu's daughter. She was assigned the responsibility of planting a hundred type of flowers, which she did and made the heavens a beautiful place. With the help of the the Jade Emperor, she sent one of every type of flower to beautify the earth as well

God Power: Boundary
Named after the Chu/Han boundary in Chinese Chess. There'd be a local 'Ceasefire' in the target area

Myth unit:

Myth tech: Harvest
Peasants food carrying capacity increases

Nu Huo (Creator of humans): Classical Age
--------------------------
After Pan Gu created the heavens and earth, Nu Huo found it a lonely place and created the animals, as well as humans from the yellow soil. She also fixed the mess left by Zhu Rong and Gung Gung.

God Power: Heavenly Army
An army would descend on the target area to help you out, with a timer, kind of like 'Ancestors'. This army would consist of a few infantry + archers in Classical, archers + infantry in Heroic, all 3 types in Mythic Age. When the timer runs out, the army turns into paper and falls to the ground

Myth Unit: Terracotta Warriors
Tough clay warriors with a special charge attack which knocks away all enemy units in its way

Wang Mu (Empress of Heaven): Mythic Age
---------------------------
Jade Emperor's wife. nuff said

God Power: Five Finger Mountain
Walls up the units in a target unit, unfortunately, can trap your own units as well. Like the underworld passage, the barrier can be destroyed but takes time.

Myth unit: Dragon
Flying myth unit which shoots a ray from its mouth like a flying petsuchos. Special attack is grabbing a human unit from the air and throwing back on earth for an instant kill

Myth tech: Forbidden Fruit
Trade caravan carry 10% gold more than they should get for their trip

Gung Gung (God of Water): Heroic Age
------------------------
Brother of Zhu Rong and Nu Huo. Got in a big fight with Zhu Rong and lost, in his escape, he crashed into the pillar of heaven and nearly caused the heavens to fall on earth. The mess had to be cleared by Nu Huo.

God Power: Epidemic
Kind of like Loki's 'Spy', cast it on an enemy unit and he'll suffer Scorpion man like poison. He'll spread it to friendly units adjacent to him. Player would need to delete affected units to stop it spreading. Can be used to weaken an enemy army or distrupt an economy

Myth unit: Black Dog
The hunting dog of Hou Yi who swallowed the moon and caused the eclipse. This is a ranged unit which shoots light balls from its mouth

Zhu Rong (God of Fire): Mythic Age
----------------------
Brother of Gung Gung and Nu Huo. He got in a major fight with Gung Gung and caused major chaos.

God Power: East Wind
A cross between Tornado and Earthquake. Winds sweep into the area and cause big damage to buildings. Units would be thrown away but not damaged. Will affect friendly units, so it's better used with Vision or Spy.

Myth unit: Chinese Vampire
Hopping melee unit. Special attack is similar to the Mummy's. It bites an enemy which turns into a Minion.

Myth tech: Immortality
All human units get extra 20% HP

Phew, that's it for now

AuthorReplies:
geoffsmith99
Skirmisher
posted 02-22-03 02:09 AM EDT (US)     1 / 23       
CHOOSE SOMETHING THAT IS NOT THE CHINESE WILL YOU?!?!
Belhelmel
Skirmisher
posted 02-22-03 08:42 AM EDT (US)     2 / 23       
I'll welcome an Aztec civ with open arms, just that I don't know enough in that area. *shrug*
DevILs_NiGhTmArE
Skirmisher
posted 02-22-03 08:53 AM EDT (US)     3 / 23       
Why do you flame him when he did such a good post. Myself congratukate him but you missed 1 heroic and 1 myhtic minor god
Cossack Boy
Skirmisher
posted 02-22-03 09:46 AM EDT (US)     4 / 23       

Quote:

Why don't you try doing some research on your own and actually doing half the work that he has done?

Rurik
Skirmisher
posted 02-22-03 10:57 AM EDT (US)     5 / 23       
I'm impressed, Bel. It looks great... I'd love to have a Chinese Civ, though belief in some of those Gods may still be around in Modern China, which could sort of pose a problem, but I'm not sure how much of one. With a Government who, *cough* er, strongly recommends *cough* atheism, I think it's doubtful that too many people will write Ensemble studios with a bone to pick.

Quote:

Be quiet you silly person.

ages
Skirmisher
(id: alwaysages)
posted 02-22-03 03:18 PM EDT (US)     6 / 23       
Very good post, well done

! seilims eht rof elims
WilliamtheBloody
Skirmisher
posted 02-22-03 03:47 PM EDT (US)     7 / 23       
Good job, Belhelmel. It is quite obvious that you have put some time and thought into this idea.

Quote:

Oh, bloody hell. I thought I got that one when I de-trolled the garden. Oh well, can't get them all, can you?
Belhelmel
Skirmisher
posted 02-23-03 11:06 PM EDT (US)     8 / 23       
Thanks guyz. No worries about it still being worshipped. Most modern Chinese are either Buddhists or Taoists. Confucious is still worshipped. But myths about Nu Huo, Pan Gu, Huang Di is now as widely worshipped as Odin and Thor. So no worries in that department.

I'd like to hear what people think about theze ideas and the previous post about the units before I send it in to Ensemble. I know I am still lacking 2 minor gods but after reading through the material I can find, I cant find two good candidates. Oh well.

PippinTook
Banned
posted 02-24-03 04:45 AM EDT (US)     9 / 23       
Ahhhh yes that's a good idea if ur going for none worshipped gods (though isn't Yan Wang still worshipped in some area? and Jade emperor and his wife are sometimes worshiped by Taoist too)..... mine idea were more for the ones still being worshiped (which would be politically incorrect unfortunately :/)

As for that dragon head turtle u meantioned... I'm pretty sure it's called Suang Wu (I'm bad with pronouciation spelling though) if u could read traditional chinese it's ȪZ ...the guradian of the east and represents the wind (strang consider that it's a turtle...)

Suang Wu along with Dragons Phoniex(Fuan Huang) Chi Ling and White Tigers are the big 5 mythical beasts for Chinese... each representing a direction (Suang Wu north Dragon east Phoniex south Tigers west and Chi Ling is center... ) also they represent wind mountians fire water and forest respectively...

Well.. ur concept is pretty good though obviously the balance would need to be looked into... for one the recruit idea is pretty hard to balance... as it is hard to have enough of them for DM but not too much for RM etc...

RoD_ReaVer
Skirmisher
posted 02-24-03 06:39 AM EDT (US)     10 / 23       
get a copyright or ensemble would just take it from u without paying u a cent. if they liked it then u could get a ton of DOE$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

i like the ideas, i want to see all of it in the new X-pak

i have an idea for a mythic Gp, it is called Divintity(how ever it is spelled) it changes all of your monks into Uber units like Ragnork. they all are really good in comebat.

REMEMBER TO GET THE COPYRIGHT THANGIE

RiderOfEternity
Skirmisher
posted 04-14-03 10:40 AM EDT (US)     11 / 23       
Thank you, I may use this information in The Dark Fantasy Mod.

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
Diex_Aye
Skirmisher
posted 04-14-03 10:57 AM EDT (US)     12 / 23       

Quote:

Be quiet you silly person.

Ok Rurik we all know you have 1.000.000 IQ, you don't have to remind it to us.(not that the other guy that flamed belhelmel did good)

The horn of Hel Hammerhand shall sound in the deep. One last time... Great deeds awake!!! Now for wrath, now for ruin and the Red dawn!!! Forth Eolingas!!!
aomok_go
Skirmisher
posted 04-14-03 11:33 AM EDT (US)     13 / 23       
Nice on! I'll help doing some research on human soldiers and heroes to complete the post.
RiderOfEternity
Skirmisher
posted 04-14-03 01:31 PM EDT (US)     14 / 23       
aomok_go

If you want to help with the mod go here...
http://invisionfree.com/forums/RoE_Design_Studios/index.php?s=389f1472e0cccdeff81bbb0872ffea23&
to sign up

and then go here
http://invisionfree.com/forums/RoE_Design_Studios/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=9&s=1d3127840e4712cc13df5c6c8d11f43b
and petition to join....
THX

BTW Belhelmel are u reading this?

aomok_go
Skirmisher
posted 04-14-03 02:12 PM EDT (US)     15 / 23       
Well since I'm possibly the worst person on earth with programming and stuff I can only help with posting ideas. perhaps if you xplain modding to me I could help.
Watcher
Skirmisher
posted 04-14-03 02:15 PM EDT (US)     16 / 23       
are you any good at celtic mitholghy

The Island of Gont, a single mountain lifts its peak a mile above the storm-racked Northeast Sea, is a land famous for wizards.
"I threw a knife at a baby once." - Angel Socvazius
aomok_go
Skirmisher
posted 04-14-03 02:42 PM EDT (US)     17 / 23       
I kmow where to get the info from for celtic myth or any mythology actually. I know a great website!
Watcher
Skirmisher
posted 04-14-03 03:26 PM EDT (US)     18 / 23       
whow you are hired
Do you have MSN and if so please leave your e-mail here

The Island of Gont, a single mountain lifts its peak a mile above the storm-racked Northeast Sea, is a land famous for wizards.

[This message has been edited by Watcher (edited 04-14-2003 @ 03:27 PM).]

aomok_go
Skirmisher
posted 04-14-03 04:50 PM EDT (US)     19 / 23       
well you should explain it all here and also I can't mod i can only give info so tell me what you need and I'll add it to this thread. if I know exactly what You want to do i'll give you my e-mail but I normally don't really give it away to peolpeI don't know.
RiderOfEternity
Skirmisher
posted 04-15-03 05:25 AM EDT (US)     20 / 23       
We also need chinese civ info.
Go to The Dark Fantasy mod post in the modding disccusion.

Also PLEASE join our forums at http://invisionfree.com/forums/RoE_Design_Studios/index.php?s=752b0d1d106672e0ca28b2abbc8e7cec

Watcher
Skirmisher
posted 04-15-03 05:49 AM EDT (US)     21 / 23       
only wanted to know your e-mail because chattings better than posting and geting relpied
ohh and what specail unit can be for this

MANNANAN (Ma-nan-non) (forseti)
GP: Tower of the sea (Makes one tower into a lighthouse but can still shoot lasts for as long as the tower lasts)
Special unit:

[This message has been edited by Watcher (edited 04-15-2003 @ 05:51 AM).]

Fobulous
Skirmisher
posted 04-15-03 10:07 PM EDT (US)     22 / 23       
Nice one! though Huang Di isn't really a myth figure..more like a legend.. and most of the Chinese are decendents of Huang Di &Yan Di..and this could pose a problem.
I think you left out Er Lang Shen ..he is by far the coolest character in Chinese Mythology (his dog included of course!)

Yohan Hoogland
Skirmisher
posted 04-16-03 03:17 AM EDT (US)     23 / 23       
Watcher are u reading this? I also know great sites of mythology and crap. and i`d be more than happy to help you. i have sent a e-mail to one of u and i hope you need me.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames