Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.34 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Gifts from the Gods
Bottom
Topic Subject:Gifts from the Gods
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
aomok_go
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-03 10:43 AM EDT (US)         
this is what i think would be a greayt new feature to the xpack: Gifts from the Gods.

about those god gifts: this is what I thought they should look like: every god you worship( including major gods) give you a devine gift, which is related to them or the culture they belong to.

The Greeks: would get a object send from the gods. many greek gods and godesses were pictured with unique objects related to that god or goddess, like poseidon's trident or hephaistus' hammer. and so on. whenever you worship a minor god the object will be created at your temple for no costs. only heroes can wield it and use it's powers. every heroe can carry only one object. the objects have special powers ehich can be used once twice or more, depending. whenever used, the devine object would have to recharge at a temple to be used again.
the Egyptians: the Egyptians get special beasts. they can aid you in battle, economy etc. the animal is related to the worshipped god, and it helps the god with it's special task: Bast is the goddess of fertility and protection and villagers so she gets a friendly Tiger of Firtility that can aid you in hunting and brings his prey to your granary. set worshippers get 2 of each kind. they can also have special abilities such as Sekhmet's Lionness of Warfare, which can inflict serious damage to other units by hitting and stabbing eveery enmy it see's. heroes have no bonus damage to them and they respawn when killed in 2 minutes. they die permanently however when they have used all their special attck points. an example of an economy beat is the Shark of Protection, which protects your fishing boats with a grand bite and helps your food supplies by fishing at very quick rate. and so on.....

the Norse:
the Norse get special recources from their gods such as mithril or electrum. they can use these recources at their special devine blacksmith to create special weapons for their soldiers. you can use the recource only for 1 thing. for example: from thor you get mithril. when you build a devin blacksmith you can see an icon for the recource. when you click the recource you will see 3 options: improve pierce armor, improve hack armor, improve weapons. if you click IMPROVE PIERCE ARMOR you will see the icons of all your soldiers. you must then choose one and then it will be improved. so goes also for IMPROVE HACK ARMOR and IMPROVE WEAPONS.

so what about it.???????????? I can post more detailes if anyone is interested.

AuthorReplies:
Flames
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-03 04:22 PM EDT (US)     1 / 34       
GREAT IDEA. it would add more dimension to the game. Yes i am interested
Flames
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-03 08:36 PM EDT (US)     2 / 34       
I have sopme ideas for the greeks:

Ares:
Bow of Horror
Effect:arrow EXTREMELY decreases one enemy units armor.

Athena
Sarissa
Effect: Stabs a unit and sends him/her flying! Big damage.

Hermes
staff ( i'm not sure what's it called.)
effect: immeditely heals a unit.

I'm sure your ideas are better.

aomok_go
Skirmisher
posted 03-18-03 06:46 AM EDT (US)     3 / 34       
HERE ARE SOME iDEAS I HAD FOR THE gREEKS. IF YOU LIKE EM i'LL SEND THE WHOLE ARTICLE:

Zeus: crown of the olympus
effect: thunder that boosts morale.

Poseidon: trident of the earth:
effect: small quake that throws some enemy units to the ground.

Hades; cape of the underlord.
effect: small part of your army becomes invisible to the enemy.

Athena: sarissa(like u said flames)
effect: transform some of our hoplites into phalanxes increasing their attck and defense.

Hermes: winged Sandals: grands your cavalry winged speed which lkets them move 50% faster.

Ares: cuirass of the warlord.
effect: makes your soldiers go berserk, increasing your soldiers attack rate.

Dionysus: staff of wine.
effect: summons Charibdys the dreadfull whirlpool monster from the Odyssee.

Apollo: bow of the sun: increases archer attck by making them Archers of the Sun. with their arrows yhey inflame ennmy bases.

Aphrodite: dress of beauty.
effect: small place in which no fighting is allowed.

Hera: Olympic robe.
effect: a rage comes opun your soldiers doubling their attack and speed.

Artemis: arrow of plague.
effect: kill enemy units instandly.

hephaistus: armor of vulcanus.
effect: increased armor for all units.

what about it???????

Diex_Aye
Skirmisher
posted 03-18-03 09:53 AM EDT (US)     4 / 34       
Those lasts ideas are good.

The horn of Hel Hammerhand shall sound in the deep. One last time... Great deeds awake!!! Now for wrath, now for ruin and the Red dawn!!! Forth Eolingas!!!
Flames
Skirmisher
posted 03-18-03 03:11 PM EDT (US)     5 / 34       
Told ya you would have better ideas! Goodc job!
Diex_Aye
Skirmisher
posted 03-18-03 03:23 PM EDT (US)     6 / 34       
P.S.

Quote:

Hermes
staff ( i'm not sure what's it called.)
effect: immeditely heals a unit

The Staff is called Ravdos.

The horn of Hel Hammerhand shall sound in the deep. One last time... Great deeds awake!!! Now for wrath, now for ruin and the Red dawn!!! Forth Eolingas!!!
Flames
Skirmisher
posted 03-18-03 03:32 PM EDT (US)     7 / 34       
thnx.

P.S I have debated about the qualitis of Typhon on the creating your own mu post. When are you going to reply?

aomok_go
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-03 02:49 AM EDT (US)     8 / 34       
well I thought this might be a really good feature for the Egyptians: beast from the gods. these are the beasts I'm talking about:

RA: hawk of the sun: a hawk with huge line of sight and some small attack in later ages.
ability: trown a flame on the battlefield.

ISIS: shark of fishing: shark of fishing.
a rapidly fishing shark.
ability: boat ram: rams a boats and sinks it

SET: Rhino of anger: a berserk going rhino taht runs around through enemy formations\
ability:rhino's horn: kill a small number of units by ramming into them.
wanna know more???????

Nero
Skirmisher
(id: Richard the God)
posted 03-19-03 11:36 AM EDT (US)     9 / 34       
set was often portraed as a male dangerous hippo.It should be amphibios(soz bout spelling)

NERO
"Men, I want you just thinking of one word all season. One word and one word only: Super Bowl."
- Bill Peterson, football coach

Flames
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-03 12:58 PM EDT (US)     10 / 34       
aomok go
your ideas are great but those creatures sound too powerful for first age use. Maybe there should be price.
Flames
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-03 02:37 PM EDT (US)     11 / 34       
aomok
I have an idea for Hephatus' item. Since most items concern military maybe then Heph. should give you his hammer. A hero could hold it and be allowed to build any building. Not only that but than the hero will have a special (the hero will have two specials if he alredy has one) that gives the hero to have a huge boost of building speed it would only last for 2 seconds and takes a while to charge back up again. Think about which structure this would be kinda useful for *cough* wonders *cough*.
aomok_go
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-03 02:51 PM EDT (US)     12 / 34       
Ur right Flames. I went off a bit. weel what about this: the animals can only be summoned a few times by the pharaoh or something or at the temple. they cost a certain amount of favor and some other recource. or maybe their special attacks cost favor to use so you can still make use of the economy units all the time. a lot of favor anyway because of their strength. if you have any Ideas please Post them cos I'm trying to get this idea of mine even better. here are the other Beasts:

Bast: lionness of aiding. a hunting lion which can bring back it's prey to your granary of TC.
ability: powerfull hunt: strike down any animal in 1 blow and bring back to your granary or TC.

Anubis: crocodile of nercopolis: A CROCODILE WHICH LIVES IN THE WATERS BUT CAN ALSO BE USED ON LAND.
ability: bite: bites anything in it's way and drags it into the seas or throws it around.

Ptah: turtle of creation: a turtle unit which isn't ery strong on It's own.
ability: eggs of creation: lays down multiple eggs from which all sorts of different sea creatures appear and attack enemy units for some time. they aren't really strong on their own though.

Hathor: gazelles of eternity: a gazelle taht can produce offspring to help you gather food faster:
ability: slowly creates offspring which each carry 150 food.

Sekhmet: lion of warfare: a berserker lion that attacks anything that get's in it's way.
ability: smash anything it sees aroun doing pretty heavy damage.

Nephthys: scorpion of the dead: a scorpion that attack with claws and a poisonous fume.
ability: create a fow of poison on the battlefield causing all enemy units passing it to keep losing hp till they are completely dead.

Horus: Bird of vengenge: a large bird with great attack and the ability to fly away from battle.
ability:
grab a unit in it's claws and fly away and drops the unit into an enemy formation or buildig doing sreious area of effect damage.

Thoth: ibis of wisdom: a recource gathering ibis.
ability: gather at enourmous rate. it transports recources and unit's to locations.

Osiris: Basilisk. obviously a hufge snake with no real attack but 2 special abilities:
ability 1.: strangle a group of enemy units.

ability 2: paralize enemy unit's for a long time with it's eyes.

that it. Wanna know about the Norse part???????
please post any comment and critique my thoughts if you want.

aomok_go
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-03 02:54 PM EDT (US)     13 / 34       
good one for the thing about Hephaistos Flames. It's great. but I HATE wonders.
Flames
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-03 02:59 PM EDT (US)     14 / 34       
GREAT ideas about the animals! Yes I would like to know about the Norse. Oh by the way in my previous post if I made it as if your Heph. item was bad i am sorry.
Good Job
aomok_go
Skirmisher
posted 03-20-03 05:10 AM EDT (US)     15 / 34       
the Norse part is a bit harder. I don't know enough recources yet for all gods so please help me out. well this is what I had so far:

Odin: wood from the Yggdrasil tree.
improve: pierce armor or hack armor.

Thor: Mithril from the dwarven king.
improve: hand to hand weapons or hack armor.

Loki: Icy snow from Jotunheim.
improve: myth units armor.

Freijya: Meteoric from the horses of Valhalla.
improve: cavalry speed and Armor.

Heimdall: stone from the Pool of Wisdom.
improve: regenerating ability for 1 unit.

Forseti: Silver from the Thanes of Norway.
improve: armor or attack of human soldiers.

that's how far I got for now. Does anyone have more ideas????

to Flames:
stupid question but: which country are you from??

Flames
Skirmisher
posted 03-20-03 04:16 PM EDT (US)     16 / 34       
Why do you need to know but anyway I live in the U.S. but I was born in Albania.
WilliamtheBloody
Skirmisher
posted 03-20-03 09:59 PM EDT (US)     17 / 34       
@Flames: Can you speak Albanian? I know that my favorite actress has lineage from Albania (she was born in Boston, MASS.). I always like talking to people who were born in different countries, I don't get out much (I was born in good ol' Jersey on the East Coast of USA. Basically Jersey is the armpit of the East Coast. Oddly enough, polls say that we are some of the highest paid people in the country *shrugs*. Maybe they didn't include Florida )

The path of the damned is to walk alone for all eternity
/IPhear the Phang!I\
IIII/.......................\IIII
IIII.........................IIII
\II.........................II/
\I
.........................I/

[This message has been edited by WilliamtheBloody (edited 03-20-2003 @ 10:16 PM).]

aomok_go
Skirmisher
posted 03-21-03 07:04 AM EDT (US)     18 / 34       
sorry for the stupid question Flames. btw what do you think about the ideas?
Flames
Skirmisher
posted 03-21-03 03:14 PM EDT (US)     19 / 34       
First @ WTB
Yes I can speak Albanian. If you know how to speak Albanian
I wouls gladly speak it with you. But the AOMH staff only talk in English. AOMH staff can I at least say water in Albanian which is uji (pronounced oowee)
@Aomok
That isn't a stupid question. Its a reasonable question someone can ask. Your I deas are great! Oh here is something for the norse. I don't know which god should give it to you though: Horns of Teeth Bearer and Tooth Grinder (the goats that pulled Thor's chariot) It should only improve attack though.
Wizardosiris
Skirmisher
posted 03-21-03 03:35 PM EDT (US)     20 / 34       
Very awesome!!! Your great ideas will add massive depth and new strategies to this already wonderful game!

Of course there is the ever popular flatulance defence that makes the rear attack less viable --ARF_MonteCristo

Every time a n00b posts something stupid Wizardosiris Kills a kitten.
WilliamtheBloody
Skirmisher
posted 03-21-03 05:24 PM EDT (US)     21 / 34       
No, unfortunately I can only speak Spanish and I can read Dutch and German (only a little though, they are very close in terms of languages). I have GOT to learn new languages (especially the swear words. That's the good part )

My grandmother knew how to swear in Arabic and Yiddish, but I can swear with the best of them in English (cockney British is the best! 'Bloody hell, sod off' and the like are my favorites!

I was just wondering because my favorite actress (Eliza Dushku--she's SOOO much better as Faith than Sarah Michelle Gellar is at Buffy) speaks the language. From what I have heard, it's an interesting language to speak.

Anyways, sorry for going Off-topic. You can hit me Mjollnir if you'd like

The path of the damned is to walk alone for all eternity
/IPhear the Phang!I\
IIII/.......................\IIII
IIII.........................IIII
\II.........................II/
\I
.........................I/
Diex_Aye
Skirmisher
posted 03-21-03 05:34 PM EDT (US)     22 / 34       
Um..what's Albania?

Flames
Skirmisher
posted 03-21-03 05:40 PM EDT (US)     23 / 34       
Many people ask that so I won't flame you Diex. Alabania is country in Europe. East of Greece I think. @aomok sorry for going off topic.
aomok_go
Skirmisher
posted 03-24-03 05:29 AM EDT (US)     24 / 34       
I'll bring it back to the topic now with the rest of the norse Gifts. ok I've done some more research in the game itself and I have some more Ideas for the norse.: I've add your ideas Flames:

Heroic age:

bragi: Horns of the Teehtbearer goat.
effect: your ulfsark/huskarl have piersing horns on their swords increasing their attack.

Njord: tenkakel from the fierce Kraken.
effect: your archer ships have slight bonusdamage vs myth units.

Skadi: Metal from the Midgard Armory.
effect: Icy weapons that increase any soldiers HACK armor, PIERCE armor and ATTACK slightly.

Baldr: Tooth from the Grinder goat.
effect: gives your soldiers a temporary attack boost when attacking.

Tyr: poison from the breath of jormundgand.
effect: your hersir get a poisonous hammer increasing attack vs myth units.

Hel: scales from the skin of the dreadfull Nidhogg.
effect: dramatically increases any myth units armo

well this is about it. if you have a idea for GIFTS from the GODS for a new civ in the expansion set post it and I'll put it in this or a new topic.

to Flames: I'm from the Netherlands: above Belgium, west of Germany, East of the English channel and England. anyone please post some ideas for new civ GIFTS from the GODS.

btw how were these last ideas?

Flames
Skirmisher
posted 03-24-03 08:49 AM EDT (US)     25 / 34       
Sweeeeeet. I guess in X-pack the norse should be fine with their usually low armor your armor increasing items should really boostup there attck,armor and more.Your idea is one of the best ive heard for a while. Good Job
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames