You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.40 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Age of Empires III will be huge
Bottom
Topic Subject:Age of Empires III will be huge
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
javajeff
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-03 10:26 AM EDT (US)         
Age of Empires III would have been a bigger success than Age of Mythology. I know AOM sold over 1 million copies, but it is not even close in online play and fan sentiment. I am not that picky and would not want them to mess with one of the best games of all time. All I need for Age of Empires III is this new graphics engine, same exact gameplay with maybe 1 more unique unit for each civ, trade carts going to any town center like in AOM, and that should do it for me. Just an updated game with very little new is fine for me.

Regards,

javajeff

AuthorReplies:
ColdWind2Valhala
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-03 10:28 AM EDT (US)     1 / 40       
i would definitely miss the myth units
CC_Straight_Og
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-03 10:33 AM EDT (US)     2 / 40       

Quote:

Just an updated game with very little new is fine for me.

A game like that can't compete with more innovative games. Most people like to see new and interesting things.
If AoEIII was just AoE/AoK with better graphics it would not sell very well, because AoK's gameplay is not that great by today's standards.

Real2002
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-03 10:47 AM EDT (US)     3 / 40       
I'm not sure I would buy AOE III if it were made. I think that there really isn't much left that can be done with RTS's to make it that much more different and interesting.
Nightmare7
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-03 11:22 AM EDT (US)     4 / 40       
I think that people would be complaining just as much about AOE III as they are about AOM
Gnosis_
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-03 11:46 AM EDT (US)     5 / 40       
Whos complaining about AOM??? AOM is one of the most innovated most indepth most strategic games of the past 5 years...people havent even touched based on how deep aom can get...I played AOEII from its release in 98 i played that for 2 years non stop until AOC came out...I am sure IF AOE III acually did come out ES would find some way to make it unlike the other RTS out there....The only probelm people have with AOM is a little balancing issues but hey we got 4 patches out in 5 months ...wow

ESO = Gnosis_
Rating:1670
GOD:Zeus
Erocian
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-03 12:17 PM EDT (US)     6 / 40       
I say AOEIII would be great with the new engine. Add some more flavor to the maps and overall gameplay and it will be a masterpiece. I want to see it myself. Leave all the fancy inovative stuff to the other guys. If you want to do something other than RTS then go ahead and do it....ther are plenty of good games out ther.
martin
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-03 01:10 PM EDT (US)     7 / 40       
I wouldnt buy it until I get bored of AOM...in, say...another two or three years.

Former Leader and co-Founder of the FPH Clan

Now I just troll boards. ^_^
Bazz Lightyear
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-03 01:16 PM EDT (US)     8 / 40       
well.. aoe was set in the classical time, aoeII was set in the middle ages and where should aoeIII be set? they needed a new time setting. So they set it in the time of religion.

p.s.
I think my english isn't correct
you may correct it if you want

martin
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-03 01:18 PM EDT (US)     9 / 40       
AOEIII should be along the same timeline of Cossacks.

Former Leader and co-Founder of the FPH Clan

Now I just troll boards. ^_^
Dark_nation
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-03 01:31 PM EDT (US)     10 / 40       
AoM owns.. i mean god powers haha!

Just watching meteor makes me hard.. and the strategy of the 3 civs takes RTS to new levels

Anarchist!
---------------------
ESO: Dark_Nation
Drench19
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-03 04:03 PM EDT (US)     11 / 40       
AOEIII

Napoleonic era
British colonialism
and the american expansion west could all fit into an AGE OF Game.

That was a time where there were empires popping up everywhere as well as falling.

Most of that technology has already been touched in prior games, muskets, rifles, cannons etc. so it is'nt like a leap into a more C&C world warish type of game.

At the same time it would keep with it's roots of historical intrest.
I certainly would'nt mind taking the reighns of a massive sioux/cheyene armie. They could play like the norse highly mobile drop a base anywhere. You get the idea. \

Nothar
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-03 04:44 PM EDT (US)     12 / 40       
What if they went way back in the day to early rome... or before the Original AOE... or they could start AOE III some time before Napoleonic era and make Napoleonic era the 4th and last age.
Real2002
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-03 04:48 PM EDT (US)     13 / 40       
I changed my mind... I think AOE III might be cool if it were from renaissance to about the civil war. Gunpowder units would be fun if there were lots of them.
Gnosis_
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-03 04:57 PM EDT (US)     14 / 40       
I dont even think AOEIII is comming out....back in 2001 there were rumors everywhere that ES was making a new RTS and every1 said its going to be AOEIII : The age of discovery , this rumor was soon put to rest when ES announced AOM

ESO = Gnosis_
Rating:1670
GOD:Zeus
javajeff
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-03 06:11 PM EDT (US)     15 / 40       
I guess what I am trying to say is that I am not interested in anything fancy. I am not opposed to new maps and a new graphic engine. I just want old fashioned rock/paper/scissors gameplay. If they want to add some innovation, they could introduce heros...much like they were used in Empire Earth. When a hero is in a squad, that squad will receive benefits. It will add some gameplay element where people will want to kill that hero first. I like the new interface and trade carts too settlements, but I hate the fixed settlements and low population. The game does not feel as big or epic as AOK.

Regards,

javajeff

Antz
Skirmisher
posted 03-18-03 01:29 PM EDT (US)     16 / 40       
I don't think they will relrease an AoE 3 in the closest 7 years. They have already took the eras except modern age, if they take modern age, it will be a C&C clone. I'm not sure sure they will release AoE 3 ever. They will continue to make sequells to AoM and create a new game serie.

But that is only what I think...

The best clan ever is TOAO Clan!
Mythos_Ruler
Skirmisher
posted 03-18-03 02:42 PM EDT (US)     17 / 40       
lytyrstorm
Skirmisher
posted 03-18-03 05:42 PM EDT (US)     18 / 40       

Quote:

I hate the fixed settlements and low population. The game does not feel as big or epic as AOK.

Amen. That is the BIG, BIG downfall to AoM. That and the map size. And who says it'll be a C&C clone?? All the Age of games are way different from the C&C games. There isn't anything wrong with modern times, unless they change gameplay significantly.
Flames
Skirmisher
posted 03-18-03 06:51 PM EDT (US)     19 / 40       
I wouldn't really want Age of Empires 3. Ok ok it is a very good game its just that I enjoy blasting an opennents bases with tornadoes and having MUs tearing everything in their way. Age of Empires 2 pales in comparison to AOM. But of course this is my opinion.
Splatman3000
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-03 04:39 PM EDT (US)     20 / 40       
no myth! i think i would die (jk) SOmepeople have been liking the idea of a either space related or futuristic age game. i personally think that the mythology has a great gameplay. Maybe a AOMII :P

tm
ESO:Splatman
Current project:Trapped!
()xxxx}~~~~~~~~~~~~>
Flames
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-03 04:48 PM EDT (US)     21 / 40       
Really a futuristic age game i would love but of course it would be beaten by the new starcraft game (even though it isn't for pc). ES should make a new AOM game and possibly start somethin' else or just go with Age of Empires 3 as you mentioned javajeff. I do agree that if ES does the great work it had done with AOM and other titles then Age of Empires 3 will be a HUGE sucess.
Diex_Aye
Skirmisher
posted 03-20-03 06:05 AM EDT (US)     22 / 40       

Quote:

I hate the fixed settlements and low population. The game does not feel as big or epic as AOK.

Quote:

Amen. That is the BIG, BIG downfall to AoM

Give us a brake both of you.

The horn of Hel Hammerhand shall sound in the deep. One last time... Great deeds awake!!! Now for wrath, now for ruin and the Red dawn!!! Forth Eolingas!!!
spydorvenom
Skirmisher
posted 03-20-03 04:00 PM EDT (US)     23 / 40       
personally i was at odds with myself trying to think of what's next for the "age of" series back before aom. i actually could only think of the red coats, and revolutionaries, and to me that didnt seem like an interesting thing id even get into even though it would've been in the amazing "age of" series i wouldnt have bought it. but when they went back to the basics and through a huge twist into it along with an awesome new engine with graphics to kick, i was over excited with gods and myth. so far i dont think the community as a whole has been let down in the slightest. and i doubt we'll ever be, cuz ES stays on top. look at the speed they use to give us patches. what other game offers that kinda support?

to all u ES designers who surf this board, keep up the great work!! yall are awesome, and if i might say
*whispers* i think cerberus would be a great god power invoked super myth unit for the greeks in the expansion, they dont have one like the norse and egypt and y miss out on the best myth creature of all? and the asian cultures would be a great canditate for new myths

lytyrstorm
Skirmisher
posted 03-21-03 03:55 PM EDT (US)     24 / 40       

Quote:

Give us a brake both of you.

Ok, I'll just wait for Age of EMPIRES III to come out and hope they don't deside to "improve" gameplay. They did a wonderful job with AoK. Up the pop limit a bit, as computers should be a bit more capable then they were, and add a few other feature and they're back on track with the best RTS around.
Diex_Aye
Skirmisher
posted 03-21-03 05:31 PM EDT (US)     25 / 40       
No don't wait. Age Of Empires III won't be released so if you like building TC everywhere with thousands of houses and 200 pop cap get out of here and go to AOKH Fora

The horn of Hel Hammerhand shall sound in the deep. One last time... Great deeds awake!!! Now for wrath, now for ruin and the Red dawn!!! Forth Eolingas!!!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames