You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.40 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Age of Empires III will be huge
Bottom
Topic Subject:Age of Empires III will be huge
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
javajeff
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-03 10:26 AM EDT (US)         
Age of Empires III would have been a bigger success than Age of Mythology. I know AOM sold over 1 million copies, but it is not even close in online play and fan sentiment. I am not that picky and would not want them to mess with one of the best games of all time. All I need for Age of Empires III is this new graphics engine, same exact gameplay with maybe 1 more unique unit for each civ, trade carts going to any town center like in AOM, and that should do it for me. Just an updated game with very little new is fine for me.

Regards,

javajeff

AuthorReplies:
bo shek mafia ma
Skirmisher
posted 03-23-03 11:29 AM EDT (US)     26 / 40       
Wouldnt Age Of Empires 3 just be Age Of Mythology without the god powers? Well, if they make AOE 3, I think they should male it like Warcraft 3 (levelig up and casting spells etc) and set it in the Tudor Times with Henery VIII...but thats a British age and the majority of people here are Amercian.

Presenting...
Lord Of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Saga reproduced exclusively for Age Of Mythology
Coming soon..in Fall 04

Diex_Aye
Skirmisher
posted 03-23-03 01:16 PM EDT (US)     27 / 40       
Casting Spells in late middle ages?? It's better to make an Age Of Empires Redux during Iron, Dark, Middle and Imperial ages.

The horn of Hel Hammerhand shall sound in the deep. One last time... Great deeds awake!!! Now for wrath, now for ruin and the Red dawn!!! Forth Eolingas!!!
King Sausage
Skirmisher
posted 03-23-03 04:43 PM EDT (US)     28 / 40       
AOE III: The age of the Martians
Radi0head
Skirmisher
posted 03-25-03 11:55 PM EDT (US)     29 / 40       
AOE III, hmmmm, interesting. They will make it, but probably not for 5-10 years or so. If you watched the dvd in the collector's box and read the strategy guide, ES said how they needed a break from the AOE line and wanted to create something different in AOM.
Dumah
Skirmisher
posted 03-29-03 11:18 AM EDT (US)     30 / 40       
One innovation for an AOE game that could link it to the AOM gameplay would be to create leaders. There would be a single player mode separate from the campaign. In that it you would be in charge of an ongoing kingdom's army. Basically you'd be training soldiers and building the skills of their leaders through offensive games versus choosen civs and random defensive games.

It wouldn't be trying to make a real territorial game out of AOE. That I think would ruin the appeal. However, it would just make a little more use out of the random map single player. The point would be to develope leader stats and create a custom army that they lead.

In game you would choose between between your leaders. One lower level leader along with the first age, and a second higher tier with the last age. The custom army stats would be enhanced by a the corresponding strengths in the leader - if the leader falls then the army is weakened.
Leaders could work across civs for convenience - though you the swift person would create and develope a long list of leaders with 4 per civ.

During the multiplayer matches there would be a special barricks that creates your custom army (only one type made from specific civ presets) and their leader.

jaguar_rocker
Skirmisher
posted 03-29-03 10:38 PM EDT (US)     31 / 40       
A lot of the ideas some of u mentioned have already been used. U dont want a futuristic space game or else it'll be a clone of starcraft.

ES really needs to use its head to get a new topic.

I personally think that AoM was an ingenious idea, but making an AoM 2 would be hard because there was no other time period.

I think that ES should focus on a game that is more strategy oriented game than any other.

Jaguar_Rocker

posted 03-29-03 11:37 PM EDT (US)     32 / 40       

Quote:

I think that ES should focus on a game that is more strategy oriented game than any other.

You mean like... Praetorians? That game is very boring but perhaps if ES made something like it they could make it good.

- Since the general civilizations of mankind I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations. -James Madison

Get up. Stand up.
Stand up for your rights. -Bob Marley

DeaconRien
Skirmisher
posted 03-31-03 07:18 PM EDT (US)     33 / 40       
AOE III would probably be the biggest RTS game yet released due to the success of its prequels

Zone Name= DeaconRien
Founding Father of the Deacon Empire

"I am the Dragon, before me you tremble"
-Francis Dolarhyde (Red Dragon 2002)

prozzzak80
Skirmisher
posted 03-31-03 10:46 PM EDT (US)     34 / 40       
meh i say make it in te biblical times man and you could have like christians pagans islams and what other people there were way back then because there was wars back then and it wasntlike whoever has the most guns wins like it is now. Or what they could do is make it a sorta newer style game like modernize it a bit with like guns and that but how they would do it is this first age u got archers and in like the last age instead of just making them much better archers you would make them guys with guns and that so like really what it would be is an age of ages so you start like way way back intime and each age u get through is like another 1000 years or something. That way you could go through all the adges and plus as in real history how they stopped believing in gods you would to by the 2-4 age (yes there would be 6-8 ages) and you would lose ur myths as time goes on too just as they realized they didnt exist. so yeah thats hoe the ext aoeIII should be

Death Comes Quikly in Space, unless it comes very slowly - Time Magazine
prozzzak80
Skirmisher
posted 03-31-03 10:51 PM EDT (US)     35 / 40       
also what i think would be cool is if they made it a touch more modernized like in the 1800's or so because then they could have campaignes and you could like battle in the world war and like see what would happen if like germany won or something but then again that might be like illegal or something because although evryone claims to not be racist and that but in actuality i think many people still are so thats why making a game where german could win the war may be a bad idea but it may also be a cool idea

Death Comes Quikly in Space, unless it comes very slowly - Time Magazine
THE_champion95
Skirmisher
posted 04-01-03 03:08 PM EDT (US)     36 / 40       
There is no point in making an AOE 3 really, i think they should just stick with AOM and besides AOM is a great game anyway, do we need an AOE 3?
Yohan Hoogland
Skirmisher
posted 04-02-03 04:06 AM EDT (US)     37 / 40       
champion, you are right. if you see all these opinions for a x pack, why create aoe III? just create more x packs. if they do that, i`d be happy already. just add the aztecs in the first x pack.
Glock_Glock
Skirmisher
posted 04-03-03 09:02 PM EDT (US)     38 / 40       
dont you guys understand...?
Age of mythology is 'AOE3'
I am 99.9% positive that nobody is going to be making an AOE3 title, it would be outdated...ES did all the right things with age of mythology, it kept the same gameplay and added a whole new dimension. It brought in some new fans while keeping the old ones.
How can you be expecting an AOE3 to come out, here is they way things went

AOE->(expansion)->AOE2(AOK)->(expansion)->AOE3(A OM)->(expansion, we hope)

AOM is aoe3...notice how the official name of aoe2 was Age of Empires 2: Age of Kings...well they were just trying to get away from that in aoe3...so they dropped the aoe3 part...

They could have easily called it Age of Empires 3: Age of Mythology....but the problem is this: Most of the young, restless people who play computer games, do not play them online...they do not see these community forums or know anything about any of us...

So...if they see a game called "Age of Empires 3: Age of Mythology" they will shy away from it...because they'll say, oh theres already been two versoins of that game, the third one will suck...I meanhave you ever played Deer Hunter 3?!?!

Think about it, if they see the game called "Age of Mythology: By the creators of the Age of Empires Series" then the light, weekend gamer will buy it, thinking its kind of the same game but with a whole new dimension, mythology, WHICH IT IS

Conclusion: I am in no way demeaning you, i am just explaining to you guys that this IS AOE3, and why they didnt call it AOE3...and why age of empires III would not have been huge, because only the hardcore gamers would buy it...
PS, I really dont hope that AOE3 comes out, It would sure make me eat my words

psychomonkey2000
Skirmisher
posted 04-03-03 09:22 PM EDT (US)     39 / 40       
how about AOS, age of stone, it would be set from agriculture to the iron age,

CARPE DUCTUM!
Before you judge someone try walking a mile in their shoes,
that way if you still don't like them you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes.
Random monthly factoid #2: If a monkey bites you, youhave to bite it back or it will assume it is the alpha male
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
Diex_Aye
Skirmisher
posted 04-04-03 07:12 AM EDT (US)     40 / 40       
Because that is AOE

The horn of Hel Hammerhand shall sound in the deep. One last time... Great deeds awake!!! Now for wrath, now for ruin and the Red dawn!!! Forth Eolingas!!!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames