You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.15 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Age of Mythology:The America's
Bottom
Topic Subject:Age of Mythology:The America's
Anakha
Skirmisher
(id: Westy)
posted 07-23-04 09:11 AM EDT (US)         
I think that AOM:The Americas would be a good game that is NOT an X-pack but is AOM 2.
It would feature the Red Indians who have exellent hunting bonuses and fast units with poor armour and decent attack.They would gather favour by builing totem poles and assigning units(vill or military, no MUs)to dance, like the greeks pray to gain favor. Their major Gods could be Kumush, Glooskap and Tsohanoai. Minor gods could be Lox, Kind-a-wuss and Hopi for Classical, Strong Wind, Lone Man and Coyote for Heroic and finally Hinon, Falling Star and Kwatyat for the Mythic age.
The next civ could be the conquistadors with exellent cavalry and farms but bad MUs.Their major gods could be God, Jesus and Satan. Minor Gods could be Six saints, Judas, Mary and the Holy spirit.
Lastly, either the Maya or the Aztecs, Ill decide their Gods their civbonuses will be similar

For the love of god and all that is holy, my anus IS BLEEDING! - Strange fluffy cloud
AuthorReplies:
Zalpacuiztli
Skirmisher
posted 07-23-04 03:10 PM EDT (US)     1 / 15       
Uh, I don't think including cristhianism and other monotheist religions in AoM would be a good idea, specially because in this game you need a lot of gods and in Christianism there is only ONE god and Satan and Mary and the saints are not gods, so NO!

"I HATE THE WORLD AND IT HATES ME TOO"
Loser of Mithrandir_88's Non-Award for Losing the "Whoever Gets the Last Post Loses" Thread
Winner of the "Craziest Forummer Award" AoMH Semi-Annual Awards '03
Co-Author of the Aztec Civilization Outline for AOM
InFnit
Skirmisher
posted 07-23-04 04:24 PM EDT (US)     2 / 15       
I am a Christian, and I agree with Zal. There is only one God BUT he's a 3 in 1 (God the Father, God the Son[Jesus] and God the Spirit[AKA Holy Spirit])

However Satan is NOT a God but a fallen angel (the siz saints are merely human beings and so are judas and mary.)

So this is not able to be put into AOM expecially since ES will not use Religions/Beliefs that are still practised today.

-InFnit - Webdesigner - Graphic Designer - Webmaster
iidcentral - http://iid.outer-heaven.net- Most of your web designer needs in one place, stay up do date with net news and discuss problems you may have as a webmaster/designer
philopingo - http://www.philopingo.com- Philosophical Fiction by Young NZ Authors
total-designer - URL TO BE RELEASED - the gamespy/spot for scenarios/mods and campaigns
figgykilla009
Skirmisher
posted 07-23-04 04:35 PM EDT (US)     3 / 15       
lol...Im liking the Native American ideas...but putting chrstianity into this game IMO is def not a good idea...It would cause a lot of controversy and, exactly what type of units would they have?...but once agin good native american ideas...-figgykilla-
Mohamed
Skirmisher
posted 07-25-04 08:19 AM EDT (US)     4 / 15       
He should make it like this

GOD: God, Jesus, Holy spirit (they would worship diferent forms of GOD insted of mayor gods)

Saints:Mary, Paul, Mark,... (all saints are like minor gods as they posese either the proteqtion of farms, protektion from fire, protektion from earthquakes, protektion of fish,...)

TatsuEnguia
Skirmisher
posted 07-25-04 12:47 PM EDT (US)     5 / 15       
I don't think ES qill make a game that envolves religions that are worshiped in large scale.

Muitos tentaram, poucos conseguiram...
Compa_Mighty
Skirmisher
posted 07-25-04 02:08 PM EDT (US)     6 / 15       
We've been through this several times. No living religions, which include: Chritianism, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, etc.

Co-Author of the Aztec Civilization Outline for AoM.
Peter Jackson and Guillermo del Toro to do The Hobbit!
Chichén Itzá is one of the New 7 Wonders of the World!
Rhyder
Skirmisher
posted 07-26-04 01:45 AM EDT (US)     7 / 15       
For AOM:The Americas, the best civilizations would be the following:

Native Americans
Aztecs
Mayans
Incas

They all extensive mythology and were adept at war. It would be easier to balance too, unlike AOK where they could compete against other civs which had gunpowder units and other high tecnology.

Another civilization which is rather unkown could be Lemuria/Pacifica, the Atlantis counterpart in the Pacific Ocean. There is not much known however, and coming up with gods and myth units would be a difficult task. However, ES used Ancient Greek gods for Atlantis, like Kronos (which is Zeus's father) and the like.

ES already has experience with Aztecs/Mayans, and crafting units and a tech tree wouldn't be that hard, especially with the rich mythology and cultures these civilizations created.

The Incas have been posted as a new civ way back since AoC, and if an AOM 2 game would be made (using American civs) then they would be strong candidates. They too had a rich culture and mythology, so it would be interesting to see this civilization in a new AOM game.

The Native Americans have a lot of history and diferent mythologies as well, and it would be fun to include them at least in one game.

I'm expecting the new ES game soon, and I am sure everyone else does.

Benermerut
Skirmisher
posted 07-30-04 03:07 PM EDT (US)     8 / 15       
I think that the original AoM 2 should be North American mythology, and it could have a nomadic tribe of Indians, a sedentary tribe, and the Inuits. I'm not too sure of which tribes would be used, or if a nomadic civ would be able to work out very well. One other worry I have is that I'm not sure if the Inuits had a very extensive mythology, or one that would be easily adapted into AoM format.

If those three civs end up working out, then the X-Pack for AoM 2 would be South America and it would have the Mayans, Aztecs, Incas, and whatever. If not, then North and South America can be together in the same game.

Also, I don't mind criticism, so feel free to mock and insult my idea as you see fit! ...or you can tell me if you liked it!

EDIT: I have just found a website with quite a bit of info on Inuit mythology (http://www.fact-index.com/i/in/inuit_mythology.html). I believe that the Gods would do for an AoM type game, but I haven't found any information on any mythological creatures that could be used as MUs. If I find enough, I'll post back with my final verdict on my idea.

Put a rope around your neck and many will be happy to drag you along.
-Egyptian Proverb

[This message has been edited by Benermerut (edited 07-30-2004 @ 11:43 PM).]

GrimoireofMyths
Skirmisher
posted 07-31-04 02:59 PM EDT (US)     9 / 15       
yeah Inuit Gods would work for an American civ, but as you said there would be a problem with the Myth units. they didn't really have any mythical creatures just spirits really, they ha dtales about the creation of things like seals and stuff, but now real mythical creatures
SilentScreams
Skirmisher
posted 07-31-04 08:28 PM EDT (US)     10 / 15       
ES has just officially announced their lowest-selling X-pack ever: Age of Mythology: Quest for the Divine Iglo!

All Hail Giant Squid World Domination
GrimoireofMyths
Skirmisher
posted 07-31-04 09:39 PM EDT (US)     11 / 15       
ROFL! Thats so ****ing funny. But still the Inuit would work as a civ
Meanotaur
Skirmisher
posted 08-10-04 02:33 PM EDT (US)     12 / 15       
If there are going to be a Native American tribe or tribes(which I think is an awesome idea) it should be one that is large, cultural and rich mythologically. These could be the Mayans, Aztecs, Iroquois or Incans. Maybe they could even have all three which have the same/very similar tech tree/gods but different advantages. Here is my idea for the Native Americans: They would build Totem Poles, kind of like monuments but they would cost alot of wood and would have a slower favor trickle. Their soldiers would be very fast and cheap but also strong. They would have very low armor though. I dont know if the Native Americans had a ton of Gods, so they could also worship spirits. Maybe their soldiers could perform as very slow gatherers also. Some disadvantages they could have would be slower research and weaker God Powers. I also read one time that Mayans even perfected the art of throwing hornet nests! Anyways, those are just some of the things I think would be good for a Native American culture.

[This message has been edited by Meanotaur (edited 08-10-2004 @ 02:34 PM).]

SilverOsirisAOM
Skirmisher
posted 08-10-04 03:27 PM EDT (US)     13 / 15       
having jesus satan and god sucks. First of all its too controversial, secondly its just plain boring. Who wants to choose John the Baptist as a minor god? Taunt 011 laugh.mp3...
MYTHIC AGE GOD POWERS-
"HOLY WATER" effect- none
"JESUS HEALS THE BLIND MAN" effect- +1 line of sight

I told you I'd be back.
Antz
Skirmisher
posted 08-11-04 03:13 AM EDT (US)     14 / 15       
You can't put a still practiced religion into a game and call it mythology cuz mythology means something like "(made-up) story" I think.

The best clan ever is TOAO Clan!
arklutos
Skirmisher
posted 08-12-04 04:23 AM EDT (US)     15 / 15       
i agree with antz that idea sux but americas is a good idea
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames