You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Cool idea for the next Aom
Bottom
Topic Subject:Cool idea for the next Aom
AnEgyptianArcher
Skirmisher
posted 08-06-04 03:09 PM EDT (US)         
Maybe they could add a feature that lets you pick one of your units and go into 1st person mode on that unit. You can move it around and fight in the 1st person mode......that would be awesome

Tell me what you think!

AuthorReplies:
Yohan Hoogland
Skirmisher
posted 08-06-04 03:24 PM EDT (US)     1 / 11       
Sorry but that would suck.

It's an RTS not a FPS or RPG.

The Wait Is Over

DoJo Clan Site
AnEgyptianArcher
Skirmisher
posted 08-06-04 03:27 PM EDT (US)     2 / 11       
Oh well i tried..........lol

Confusious say...
-Man who run in front of car get tired.
-Man who run behind car get exhausted.
-Baseball is wrong: man with four balls cannot walk.
-War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left.
-It take many nails to build crib, but one screw to fill it.
Mythos_Ruler
Skirmisher
posted 08-06-04 05:44 PM EDT (US)     3 / 11       
Actually, that idea is cool. I had the same notion years ago. You could choose any unit under your control and zoom in for either FPS or "Tomb Raider" style play. The general mechanics would remain RTS, but you can take over a Minotaur or something in the midst of the battle if you wanted to and lead the charge, so to speak.
Sam Gamgee
Skirmisher
posted 08-06-04 08:06 PM EDT (US)     4 / 11       
Actually, there is something like this in SpellForce. I tried out the demo version of the game and it's OK. It's a cool idea if implemented right.

[This message has been edited by Sam Gamgee (edited 08-06-2004 @ 08:07 PM).]

Bottses
Skirmisher
posted 08-06-04 08:56 PM EDT (US)     5 / 11       
Maybe if you could only go into first person on one character. The characcter would be you, like a general who you would also take the role of in rts mode. Then in firstperson mode you could fight with specific comands.
InFnit
Skirmisher
posted 08-06-04 09:52 PM EDT (US)     6 / 11       
Or you could be like one of the Gods for AOM2 where you are able to fight for a certain time - everytime you take control you pay a certain amount of gold, food and favour

-InFnit - Webdesigner - Graphic Designer - Webmaster
iidcentral - http://iid.outer-heaven.net- Most of your web designer needs in one place, stay up do date with net news and discuss problems you may have as a webmaster/designer
philopingo - http://www.philopingo.com- Philosophical Fiction by Young NZ Authors
total-designer - URL TO BE RELEASED - the gamespy/spot for scenarios/mods and campaigns
Bottses
Skirmisher
posted 08-07-04 06:04 AM EDT (US)     7 / 11       
Kind of like an avatar. It would have to cost alot tjough and would probably be like the titans in aom at the moment. But would your avatar be more powerful than the Titans or the same?
The_cool_one
Skirmisher
posted 08-07-04 08:00 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11       
Meh i like the age games the way they are,but its a good idea
SilverOsirisAOM
Skirmisher
posted 08-07-04 08:05 PM EDT (US)     9 / 11       
this is an amazing idea, sort of. What would probably work best is if you saw through the eyes of one of your soldiers, although you wouldnt directly control them, and the interface would still be there. Basically a new camera angle.
PS- and when the unit you seeing through dies, the red bloods comes streaming over the screen like in GoldenEye

I told you I'd be back.
Wouteronimus
Skirmisher
posted 08-15-04 03:28 PM EDT (US)     10 / 11       
That idea is kinda already used in Savage. Thats an MMORTS/FPS with 1 commander playing RTS style and many other players controlling individual units, and following the commanders orders. I never played it, but it sounds cool.
pete722
Skirmisher
posted 08-23-04 01:28 PM EDT (US)     11 / 11       
i played a game kinda like that round my mates, its an old game, but basically, you take control of an army and then watch what they see, cant control them, i think it would be fun tho
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames