You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » New features if its AoE3
Bottom
Topic Subject:New features if its AoE3
GoForGoldenJarls
Skirmisher
posted 08-21-04 11:05 PM EDT (US)         
In AoM, several features were added: unique unit lines and types, myth units, god powers, god selections, myth techs, favor....the problem is, if we get an AoE3, won't these all disappear? The only one that could stay are the unique unit lines and types, but if they follow the lines of AoE and AoK, that's unlikely. If you compare that with the AoE and AoK, there was a lot of added on stuff. While those 2 games are regarded as classics, their structure wouldn't survive in today's gaming world. There isn't enough distinction between the civs or interesting features for it to thrive. An AoE3 would certainely need something to stand out from AoE and AoK. What do you guys think?

AuthorReplies:
SilverOsirisAOM
Skirmisher
posted 08-21-04 11:54 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
I think they should have a thing like god paths, except its tech & unit paths.
This is the main reason i can see them wanting to do AOM2 rather than AOE3. Because AOM is so much different.

I told you I'd be back.
GoForGoldenJarls
Skirmisher
posted 08-22-04 02:21 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
I think a good idea would be to personalize your civ alot more...while personally I'm pulling for AoM2 too, I would like to see a AoE3 where (this idea is sort of stolen from Mythos_Ruler) you are a fledgling Italian City-State in about 1450, and instead of being one like Venice, Florence, Geneva etc. you would create your own, and on each age advance you would have a couple options to choose from, with things like Government Style (Republic, Tyranny, Monarchy etc.) and the like. Also, research for units would mainly be based on researching different types of weapons/armor for your units and then equipping them with it as you see fit. While it might get a little confusing at times, it would be fun to see how unique the game would get.

Thanatos
Skirmisher
(id: deathmaster666)
posted 08-22-04 04:40 AM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
The main doubt I have about AoE 3 is that I'm afraid the civs will be more in number but back to being very similar, especially in terms of military units. Itíll be hard going back to that 4 me after AoM and its unique civs.

Help me to tally the forums belief patterns, vote in my poll

Tally so far:-
Agnostics:18
Atheists:28
Theists:42
El Moppo
Skirmisher
(id: C J)
posted 08-22-04 09:48 AM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
Although, a bigger range of uniques and unique graphics for shared units would be good.

][- ][_ . ][\/][ (()) ][) ][) (())
Angelcynn > Niwe Middangeard ~ Ic
Esus_
Skirmisher
posted 08-22-04 04:10 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
Would they keep auto cue and tactical 'mini' map?

Come back strong like the powered-up pacman.
SilverOsirisAOM
Skirmisher
posted 08-22-04 06:26 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
I never use tactical minimap, its simply not necessary. I have vision problems and i can see everything on the minimap perfectly fine.

I told you I'd be back.
Pompey Magnus
Banned
posted 08-23-04 05:56 AM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
Tactical mini-map??
Thanatos
Skirmisher
(id: deathmaster666)
posted 08-23-04 08:30 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
I know this sounds impossible, but completely unique military units 4 each civ, like in AoM would be nice.

Help me to tally the forums belief patterns, vote in my poll

Tally so far:-
Agnostics:18
Atheists:28
Theists:42
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames