You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.106 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » ES, tell us something about: Amount of units?
Bottom
Topic Subject:ES, tell us something about: Amount of units?
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5  Next Page »
Joker II
Skirmisher
posted 02-14-05 06:30 AM EDT (US)         
Well, since ES members are frequently roaming around these boards and so many questions have allready been answered about other cool features of AOEIII, I was wondering if ES could lift up the vail abit and tell us aproximatly the amount of units that will be available during gameplay?

We heard a while ago in an interview that this would be lifted up, but haven't really heard anything substantial at all about it!

Think many of us would appreciate it if ES could tell something more about it

Life is short, live it to the fullest of it's potential!
AuthorReplies:
Darth_Vader1_4
Skirmisher
posted 02-23-05 05:24 AM EDT (US)     101 / 106       
I never liked the AOM pop sistem at all. The max pop there was 300, and even though it was 100 more than in Aok units generaly costed 2 times more so armies were generaly about the same size in both games.

And another thing the else/pike idea is a good example but ppl generaly forget about one big factor. COST+TRAINING TIME!

I am generaly a Michi player, never got close AOM on zone, and i have faced hundreds of eles/pike situation. And now for everyone i would like you to consider this scenario.
"Bla bla bla at min 33 a celt guy cuts they aren't able to enter the game get to 1 hour and by that time there is a Pers on the other side who has managed to gather 100 Elite War Elephants.
Ok now this gets interesting, i never panic under these situations, on the contrary i would like to see something like this more often, so now there is only one thing you can do.
Just keep kill the elephants with what you got, at first it may seam imposible that you send Halbs and lose them in seconds but you must not forget that Halbs can be trained in seconds and you can train them constantly and with good defence you will see (probably to your surprise) that eventualy the Elephants are killed."
And now the Pers is crippled, he just wasted 200000 food and 75000 gold on an army he has lost and he won't have the resources to make another one like that.

Now I am not just making this up, I have faced situations like this and I have won.

And besides I will say this again, I don't think you will get any Elephants in AOE3.

Andre
Skirmisher
posted 02-23-05 08:27 AM EDT (US)     102 / 106       
Eles destroy barracks faster than you can rebuild them, as a suggestion on how to use them correctly.

Please do not misunderstand me, as I do not want to start a theoritical discussion on how to use 100 war elephants and counter them correctly. This usually leads to nothing.

But maybe you want to try it in the editor.

regards
------
Zone name: Pullkick
barley_n_oats
Skirmisher
posted 02-23-05 09:25 AM EDT (US)     103 / 106       
Keep in mind 1000 poplimit would be the same as 2000 poplimit (you must have an opponent). And that not everyone has their mommy and daddy to buy them a new computer whenever a new game comes out.

For those annoying people bitching about letting the poplimit go as high as they want, try this:
Take AoC's campaign editor, and try to put 500 units on the map. Then put another 500 enemy military units. This would be half of the popcap people are proposing.

By the first 500, you should fill up the screen pretty well and it would be annoying to control an army that size, even with good hotkey use. Imagine fighting an army when you can barely see it on screen.

And R:TW is a RTS, I don't see why it's not.

ESO: oats
ESO2: dirtyoatmeal
Silentflame
Skirmisher
posted 02-23-05 05:20 PM EDT (US)     104 / 106       

Quote:

2) It won't use an AOM system, where you have to steal pop from the enemy in order to have a larger army. (Though there are some fun ways to "cheat" above the pop cap that we can't talk about yet.

Does this mean you cant in anyway ruin things for your opponet so that his pop gets screwd..
Like destroying houses in AoE/AoK/AoM ?.. you lose houses = low pop = oh no =)..

SilentFlamE
"What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive? "

Mythos_Ruler
Skirmisher
posted 02-23-05 05:30 PM EDT (US)     105 / 106       
He didn't say that at all. He said YOU don't need to steal your ENEMY's pop in order for YOU to get pop. He's saying pop won't rely upon settlements, like in AOM. You can still destroy enemy houses and town halls (town centers), but you don't HAVE to do that in order to gain pop space for yourself, unlike AOM where taking town centers is one of THE primary focuses of the game.

[This message has been edited by Mythos_Ruler (edited 02-23-2005 @ 05:32 PM).]

Silentflame
Skirmisher
posted 02-24-05 04:30 AM EDT (US)     106 / 106       
Sorry if you found my post agresiv or something..anyways thanks for clearing it up for me =)..

SilentFlamE
"What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive? "

« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames