You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.36 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » What about South and Central America?
Bottom
Topic Subject:What about South and Central America?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Suecotero
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-05 01:50 PM EDT (US)         
Yep, what about that, im from latin america and I wouldnt like to see such a big part of the AMERICAN (both north and south) history be left aside. As a matter of fact, the mayor conflict of the american colonization was not in the plains of north america, but in the plateu of central mexico and the peruvian highlands. Both the incaic and aztec civilization were conquered by incredible strikes of luck by pizarro and cortés. If moctezuma hadnt been such a week and supersticius emperor, or the inca throne hadnt been divided by two pretendents, there is no telling how history would have been re-written. Anyways, enough of history and back to gameplay. Maps featuring the colonization of these empires would have a great stop to rushes in these large, technologically advanced and militaristic civilizations that would difficult scouting as well as expansion. They would also play a major role as allied natives, since their strength was no doubt much larger than the small groups the early conquistadores had, and their level of organization allowed them to field regular armies rather than small groups of warriors. (as a matter of fact, pizarro conquered mexico only through the help of the tlaxcala, a large tribe who was disgruntled because of the aztec´s dominance, as any of you who played the conquerors campaign would know) The peruvian highlands and the central american jungles would no doubt be an exiting scenario, as would be the colonization of the amazonas by portugal and spain.

So far, ive only seen a concept art of an aztec warrior, but no screenshots showing anything other than the oh so well known colonization of northern america. So pls ES, dont leave the other half of the american history out, dont dissapoint us latin american gamers, we are americans as well!

P.S. Oh yes and what about hostile tribes? i mean would certain tribes be hostile to you if you invade their territories or consume their resources? There could be a meter of happiness towards that different actions alter. These diplomatics would be vital in scenarios with large civs (inca, aztec) Also, the role of natives should decrease as the populationes become domesticated, so when you reach imperial age your native allies have only a secondary role, but in the early ages their role is significant.

[This message has been edited by Suecotero (edited 02-19-2005 @ 02:09 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Titanus
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-05 01:52 PM EDT (US)     1 / 36       
That was an Inca worrior but the Aztecs and Mayas are deffenetly going to be tribes(I feeel it in my gut)

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost five seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

w00tdaddy109
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-05 01:59 PM EDT (US)     2 / 36       

Quote:

...but the Aztecs and Mayas are deffenetly going to be tribes(I feeel it in my gut.

Definitely. Don't worry, Suecotero, there are 12 tribes in the game according to ES - I can't see all 12 of them being traditional North American Indians. Your Aztecs, Mayans & Incas will all be fairly represented in the game

And seen as you can ally with any of them and build their unique units - expect plenty of the aforementioned's units in battle

A lot older, though no wiser.
lief ericson
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-05 02:11 PM EDT (US)     3 / 36       
Of course the South and Central American will be represented. If not, there'd be little point in having the Spanish, wouldn't there? I also heard that some of the campaign scenarios will concern the revolutionary wars in South America, led by Simon Bolivar.

SEXITUP.
Former Leader of the FPH Clan
Acting-President of AoMH
THE_champion95
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-05 02:39 PM EDT (US)     4 / 36       
I would have thought there would be canadian tribes too.

supporter of Crystal Palace Football club
Leader of The VnX clan!

ESO Name: Rulezzz
jakes_button
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-05 02:55 PM EDT (US)     5 / 36       
I would think so. The fur trade with the French was a major part of colonial culture in those days...both on the Canadian and future American side of the boarder. With 12 tribes in the game, I am sure they can't all come from South America and Native American tribes.
vikesrule1234
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-05 03:42 PM EDT (US)     6 / 36       
yea they will definetly be in the game
and probably the caribs
from the caribbean islands
they were the cannibal indians who columbus saw
i think

CHEAP TRICK
WAT A BAND
lief ericson
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-05 04:33 PM EDT (US)     7 / 36       
Oooh! Lets try and guess the tribes!

Aztec
Maya
Inca
Iriquois
Souix
Apache
Inuit
Pueblo
Cherokee
Commanche
(?)Mohawk
(?)Toltec
(?)Some Amazon Tribe...

SEXITUP.
Acting-President of AoMH
tarmo_flake
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-05 04:35 PM EDT (US)     8 / 36       
Aztecs and Mayans??? Booya!!! Woo-hoo!!!!!!

Thanks ES

"Society has traditionally alwalys tried to find scapegoats for its problems, well, here I am." - Marilyn Manson, 1996
w00tdaddy109
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-05 05:02 PM EDT (US)     9 / 36       
RoN had 'Lakota' - is that a contender?

I don't know alot about such history, but I assume they could be on the list?

daydreamer
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-05 05:52 PM EDT (US)     10 / 36       
Confirmed in PC Gameplay:
-Cherokee
-Comanche
-Iroquis
-Sioux

Justified guesses:
-Inca (with the warrior Chilche (is this a hero?) from the Concept art)
-Amazon tribe (or could this be Florida?)

Less justified guesses:
-Huron (French ally vs Brittish+Iroquis)
-Inuit (with "Yucon shore" screenshot)
-Aztecs
-Mayans

For the last two:
-Apache, Navajo, Cheyenne, Creek, Blackfeet, Choctaw...

Elpea
Hal
(id: lp_usa)
posted 02-19-05 05:55 PM EDT (US)     11 / 36       

Quote:

-Amazon tribe (or could this be Florida?)

Those Natives are from SA, aren't they?

lief ericson
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-05 06:03 PM EDT (US)     12 / 36       
I had assumed they were some tribe in the Louisiana bayous. Could be an Amazonian tribe.

SEXITUP.
Acting-President of AoMH
lachlan
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-05 06:55 PM EDT (US)     13 / 36       
The Seminoles are the most recognized of the tribes likely to be inhabiting such a swamp. I'm actually like 1/20 Seminole, great great grandmother on my mother's side kind of thing.

I'm sure both the Aztecs and Mayans will make it for South America probably with versions of their Conquerer units. Jag warrior needs to be back.

SilentScreams
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-05 08:08 PM EDT (US)     14 / 36       
I kinda think we need another tribe from South America. Tupi/Guarani? otherwise it will be imbalanced, assuming there is a good deal of colonising South America in the game as well.

Aztecs could have Jaguar Warrior, Eagle Warrior and Atl-Atl.

Mayans could have Plumed Archer, Blowpipe Warrior.

Incas could have Maceman and Bola Thrower.

North American Tribes - Spear Cavalry, Gun cavalry, Tomahawk Thrower, Clubman, fleet-footed Dog Warriors, Sharpshooter, Spearman, Archer, fast Scouts.

All Hail Giant Squid World Domination
w00tdaddy109
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-05 08:29 PM EDT (US)     15 / 36       
Some great ideas about the Southern Continent's unique units here

I'd love to see Technoticlan and Tlaxcala (again, apologies for the spelling - I'm rather ignorant of such places) with their sprawling cities and jungles

Elpea
Hal
(id: lp_usa)
posted 02-19-05 08:34 PM EDT (US)     16 / 36       

Quote:

Tupi/Guarani

Those guys were so rich in content, I'd love to see them in the game, it would also make the top expert players happy, since most of them are Brazilians

ultimate_grumpus
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-05 09:23 PM EDT (US)     17 / 36       
It realy bothers me the amount of people ask "What about canadia?" or "what about mexico?" In regards to ES's comments that the game will be set In America. America is NOT synonymous with U.S.A. For those of us who have looked at a map canadia and mexico are on the continent North America.

"Forcast for tomorrow, a few sprinkles of genius WITH A CHANCE OF DOOM!" - Stewie

-Insert compulsory stupid George Bush quote Here-

Zargax
Skirmisher
(id: Overlord Zargax)
posted 02-19-05 09:29 PM EDT (US)     18 / 36       
They already cut out a lot of history by restricting it to Europe and the Americas, why restrict it even ffurther by making it only present-day U.S.A.?

The only problem I can see is the possible overlap with AoK.

lief ericson
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-05 09:42 PM EDT (US)     19 / 36       
AoE and AoK overlapped slightly, so it doesn't really matter.

SEXITUP.
Acting-President of AoMH
vikesrule1234
Skirmisher
posted 02-20-05 09:48 AM EDT (US)     20 / 36       
i doubt that there will be any tribes from Brazil
that would be a longshot

CHEAP TRICK
WAT A BAND
THE_champion95
Skirmisher
posted 02-20-05 09:56 AM EDT (US)     21 / 36       
yeah itll probably be incas, aztecs, mayans and north american tribes.

supporter of Crystal Palace Football club
Leader of The VnX clan!

ESO Name: Rulezzz
Suecotero
Skirmisher
posted 02-20-05 02:00 PM EDT (US)     22 / 36       
The way i see it, Aztecs and incas are a must, since they conformed the two biggest civilizations in SA. Mayans are also a good choice, toltecs are pretty obscure so i dont think theyll make it into the 12. The brazilian tribe comes from the fact that it would be AWESOME to colonize the amazonian delta and jungles. Probabli the guaraní would make good candidates.
Barberousse
Skirmisher
posted 02-20-05 04:34 PM EDT (US)     23 / 36       
Let's not forget the Arawaks, the first tribe to taste the medicine of the Europeans (That is, being exterminated). They inhabited the Caribbeans and greeted Columbus before he turned them into slaves and eradicated them (Yes, Columbus wasn't really a good guy).
TitoTio
Skirmisher
posted 02-20-05 07:27 PM EDT (US)     24 / 36       
chibcha
Darko Lawless
Skirmisher
posted 02-20-05 07:35 PM EDT (US)     25 / 36       
In the first Magazine article in PC Gamer, they say part of the single player campaign focuses on the independence movements of South America, so Bolivar, San Martin, and O’Higgins will all probably be heroes in the campaign.

Hail me, for I have the loudest voice!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames