You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.36 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » What about South and Central America?
Bottom
Topic Subject:What about South and Central America?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Suecotero
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-05 01:50 PM EDT (US)         
Yep, what about that, im from latin america and I wouldnt like to see such a big part of the AMERICAN (both north and south) history be left aside. As a matter of fact, the mayor conflict of the american colonization was not in the plains of north america, but in the plateu of central mexico and the peruvian highlands. Both the incaic and aztec civilization were conquered by incredible strikes of luck by pizarro and cortés. If moctezuma hadnt been such a week and supersticius emperor, or the inca throne hadnt been divided by two pretendents, there is no telling how history would have been re-written. Anyways, enough of history and back to gameplay. Maps featuring the colonization of these empires would have a great stop to rushes in these large, technologically advanced and militaristic civilizations that would difficult scouting as well as expansion. They would also play a major role as allied natives, since their strength was no doubt much larger than the small groups the early conquistadores had, and their level of organization allowed them to field regular armies rather than small groups of warriors. (as a matter of fact, pizarro conquered mexico only through the help of the tlaxcala, a large tribe who was disgruntled because of the aztec´s dominance, as any of you who played the conquerors campaign would know) The peruvian highlands and the central american jungles would no doubt be an exiting scenario, as would be the colonization of the amazonas by portugal and spain.

So far, ive only seen a concept art of an aztec warrior, but no screenshots showing anything other than the oh so well known colonization of northern america. So pls ES, dont leave the other half of the american history out, dont dissapoint us latin american gamers, we are americans as well!

P.S. Oh yes and what about hostile tribes? i mean would certain tribes be hostile to you if you invade their territories or consume their resources? There could be a meter of happiness towards that different actions alter. These diplomatics would be vital in scenarios with large civs (inca, aztec) Also, the role of natives should decrease as the populationes become domesticated, so when you reach imperial age your native allies have only a secondary role, but in the early ages their role is significant.

[This message has been edited by Suecotero (edited 02-19-2005 @ 02:09 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Sir Wiedreich
Skirmisher
posted 02-20-05 08:36 PM EDT (US)     26 / 36       

Quote:

If moctezuma hadnt been such a week and supersticius emperor

If moctezuma hadnt been such a week and supersticius emperor
One of the many reasons.
The conquest of Mexico played out so perfectly that I’d bet it would happen again the same way if there were a second chance.

Quote:

as a matter of fact, pizarro conquered mexico

I think you’ve got the wrong evil lucky Spanish leader.

Quoted from LEAF Erriksin:

(?)Toltec

Since the Nahuas/Mexica/Aztecs originated from the Toltecs, they’re not going to be in it.

Quote:

Amazon tribe (or could this be Florida?)

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that’s the Everglades & the Florida tribes. I hate the Florida Indians.

Quote:

Tlaxcala with their sprawling cities and jungles

You know, I’m not sure that the Tlaxcalla built all that much like the Aztecs did…
What about…Mixtecs, Zoques, Zapotecs, Tabastecs, Tarascans, Chichimecs, Otomis…

Quote:

They already cut out a lot of history by restricting it to Europe and the Americas, why restrict it even ffurther by making it only present-day U.S.A.?

I agree. If America is going to be the extent of its theme, it had better at least do America very well.

Quote:

Let's not forget the Arawaks, the first tribe to taste the medicine of the Europeans

If you want my opinion, holding that record doesn’t entitle the Arawaks to appear in the game. To me, they were just a bunch of naked goons, and there wasn’t anything really cool about them worthy of making them one of the twelve.

[This thread has been improved by Sir Wiedreich (improved 05-13-2654 @ 05:34 AM).]
theblitz
Skirmisher
posted 02-20-05 10:52 PM EDT (US)     27 / 36       
Ya, You guys need to get you facts straight.

1)no SA natives, too obscure

2)no Arawaks, to obscure

3)only one of the three: aztec,inca,maya - there culters were vary similer and making three would be redundant.

4)most NA tribes you named, no leni-lenape, but suix,cherokee ect.

read up on your history! likes weidrich's comments

vikesrule1234
Skirmisher
posted 02-20-05 10:54 PM EDT (US)     28 / 36       
the arawaks will not be in the game
it will probably be the caribs if their is any caribbean tribe
they are more intersting and would have cooler units
and lasted for like 300 years agaist the europeans
while the arawaks lost in like 10 years

CHEAP TRICK
WAT A BAND
HOMMisdead
Skirmisher
posted 02-20-05 11:15 PM EDT (US)     29 / 36       

Quote:

2)no Arawaks, to obscure

3)only one of the three: aztec,inca,maya - there culters were vary similer and making three would be redundant.

The mayan, incan, and aztec cultures were far different, it would be ludicrious if one or more of these big three have been left out. They will put in the 12 biggest or most famous tribes.

lief ericson
Skirmisher
posted 02-21-05 05:51 PM EDT (US)     30 / 36       
Theblitz, you're an idiot. The Incas and Aztecs were just as different as the Sioux and Cherokee...

SEXITUP.
Former Leader of the FPH Clan
Acting-President of AoMH
Sir Wiedreich
Skirmisher
posted 02-21-05 07:45 PM EDT (US)     31 / 36       

Quote:

2)no Arawaks, to obscure

read up on your history! likes weidrich's comments

Um...nice compliment, but I would advise you to do as you have advised others to do.
The Aztecs were very, very, very distantly related to the Mayans. The only similarities are that they were red peoples living in Mexico and had similar calendars and mythologies (and since the Nahuas borrowed many of their customs from earlier, unrelated cultures, the cal/myth connection does not necessarily mean anything). Even the Huastecs, who are well distinguishable from Aztecs, and would be considered totally unrelated, are more closely related than the Mayans. Now you could argue that there was some slight relation because the Toltecs (possible ancestors of the Nahuas) conquered parts of the Mayan empire. Those conquerors, however, did not go on to found Tenochtitlan, but were a different branch than the Mexica. The Mayans first appeared a long time before the Aztecs and Toltecs.
Also, their empires are not the same in very many respects; the Mayans were more peaceful and lived in inhospitable jungle and swamp, and the Aztecs lived in lake and desert areas (not all that much jungle though). Mayan architecture, warfare...everything...differs enough from Aztec stuff so as to make Mayans a good choice.
As for Incas, no argument needs to be made.

Be nice, Ericson.

[This thread has been improved by Sir Wiedreich (improved 05-13-2654 @ 05:34 AM).]
barley_n_oats
Skirmisher
posted 02-21-05 07:49 PM EDT (US)     32 / 36       

Quote:

Theblitz, you're an idiot. The Incas and Aztecs were just as different as the Sioux and Cherokee...

Couldn't have said it better myself. Before people go bashing others on their history, they should refresh their own history.

The Aztecs did not lose due to Moctezuma's superstitions alone. A bigger factor was the lack of resistance to smallpox.

Imagine going to play basketball while you're sick with the flu and try to win a game. Now imagine trying to fight a spanish army while you and your people all have an unstoppable deadly pathogen, crippling you to the point of lesions all over your body and draining of fluids until you die.

ESO: oats
ESO2: dirtyoatmeal
Darko Lawless
Skirmisher
posted 02-21-05 08:08 PM EDT (US)     33 / 36       
I doubt the Mayans will be in there as they were long gone by the time to Europeans arrived.

Hail me, for I have the loudest voice!
Sir Wiedreich
Skirmisher
posted 02-21-05 09:38 PM EDT (US)     34 / 36       
Um...no they weren't. In fact, they're still around today, and there was some significant involvement with them and the Spanish during the colonial era. Sure, their civilization went into decline before Europeans came, but they were still alive and important.

barley_n_oats
Skirmisher
posted 02-21-05 10:19 PM EDT (US)     35 / 36       
"Um...no they weren't. In fact, they're still around today, and there was some significant involvement with them and the Spanish during the colonial era. Sure, their civilization went into decline before Europeans came, but they were still alive and important."

I'm skeptical, give me some examples on how the Mayans, as a civilization, were able to effectly converge culturally with the Spanish invaders. Due next tuesday.

Spanish conquistador campaigns were led by Herdan Cortes (Aztec downfall) and Fransisco Pizarro (Incan downfall).
Mayans were beans compared to these major conquests. Sure they survived, but they had no formidable empire to pose a threat to the Spanish.

ESO: oats
ESO2: dirtyoatmeal
Jr_Capablanca
Skirmisher
posted 02-22-05 05:54 AM EDT (US)     36 / 36       
Hello!

Quote:

Of course the South and Central American will be represented. If not, there'd be little point in having the Spanish, wouldn't there?

Ever heard about the Philippines?

Quote:

Oooh! Lets try and guess the tribes!
Aztec
Maya
Inca
Iriquois
Souix
Apache
Inuit
Pueblo
Cherokee
Commanche
(?)Mohawk
(?)Toltec
(?)Some Amazon Tribe...

Yeah! Here is my idea:
Aztec
Inca
Maya
Sioux
Cherokee
Arawak
Iroquis
Apache
Zapotec
Amazon Tribe
Mohawk
Huron
Sorry if I borrowed some of your ideas Leif.

Quote:

I doubt the Mayans will be in there as they were long gone by the time to Europeans arrived.

As a political force, Yes. As a people, No.

I`ve seen people calling tribes from the amazon area and the arawak "obscure" and therefore not likely to be included. But there is another factor to consider. I think ES will try to pick tribes from different geoghraphic areas. There will be an amazon tribe to "fill up" the jungle with, and so on.
/Capa

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames