You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Bit like Dawn of War?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Bit like Dawn of War?
RiderOfEternity
Skirmisher
posted 02-20-05 05:52 AM EDT (US)         
I've just be round my cousins and I had a little go at Dawn of War (that warhammer RTS), I've gotta say it's one of the most exciting RTSs ever with loads of animations for each unit, tons of explosion and genereally hectic battles with orcs being blown into the sky It's the funnest RTS going. So, I wonder if this will be the kind of thing we can expect in AOE3-- i hope it will be!

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
AuthorReplies:
THE_champion95
Skirmisher
posted 02-20-05 06:40 AM EDT (US)     1 / 11       
DoW is based on fiction completely, it seems to me its a bit like wc3, but AoE 3 will probably be a more advanced game than DoW and obviously it is history based and wont have any monsters.

supporter of Crystal Palace Football club
Leader of The VnX clan!

ESO Name: Rulezzz
MoogleFish
Skirmisher
posted 02-20-05 07:24 AM EDT (US)     2 / 11       
Dawn of War is a pretty fun game but the lack of economy annoys me. I hope AoE3 will be better.

ESO:NoFx__MoogleFish
Proud Co-leader of NoFx
Silk
Royal Guard
(id: LordThom)
posted 02-20-05 07:51 AM EDT (US)     3 / 11       
Dawn of War is a lot more tactics and battle orientated and a lot less strategy and micro/economy orientated. It focuses more on the blowing shit to smitherines, cool visuals and smart thinking (Fire Prisms & Terminators into someone's base at the most annoying moment ) than on building up an economy, advancing your civ and trying to get one up on your opponent through counters and better techs. The counters are still there, but they are a lot more simple... I think there's only something like 5 unit types (lots of actual units though) in the whole game - Infantry, Heavy Infantry, Vehicles, Commanders and Daemons.

It's a good game, but immeasurably different from Age games, and if AoE3 is anything like the last 3 games from Ensemble, then I doubt it will be like Dawn of War in many respects.

Silk
Spore | Whisper | Girl Genius
Alvays remember: any plan where hyu lose hyu hat iz a BAD PLAN.
OMGWTFBBQ
WhoAskedU
Skirmisher
posted 02-20-05 08:25 AM EDT (US)     4 / 11       
There is one thing I want in Age of Empires III that is in Dawn of War: the ability to make your own banner. Of course, in Age of Empires III terms, that would be the ability to make your own flag.

At my signal unleash HELL.
God Bless America, Land of the Free!!!
•••winner of "2002 AoM Forum's Coolest Name Award"•••
•••••••Another Fabulous Post by WhoAskedU!!•••••••
People just complain about other people's Signatures because
they aren't smart enough to make their own.
RiderOfEternity
Skirmisher
posted 02-21-05 12:53 PM EDT (US)     5 / 11       
I meant the kind of mayhem that ES talks about, I was thinking it'll be like the kind of mayhem you get in DoW With all those cannons and guns :O

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
lief ericson
Skirmisher
posted 02-21-05 06:30 PM EDT (US)     6 / 11       
The cinematic factor in DoW was awesome. A battle between two forces would have loads of explosions and blood and fire. I'm hoping we get big explosions from cannons in AoE3, along with a lot of smoke and craters and blood and corpses littering the field...

SEXITUP.
Former Leader of the FPH Clan
Acting-President of AoMH
Mike the Great
Skirmisher
posted 02-22-05 07:39 AM EDT (US)     7 / 11       
I love DoW, my favorite RTS up to date. I'm guessing it'll be less hard to micro your economy than in previous games (no drop points), and from the looks of things, it should have better graphics.

However, DoW is completely different, it's sci-fi (IT IS NOT STARCRAFT/WARCRAFT!) and much "darker", it also uses different ideas ("small" front line battles, rather than civ vs. civ).

Something I hope they incorporate from DoW are the awesome killing animations (adds great visuals to the game) and squads, which makes for great strategic value, and helps micromanagement in large battles.

I think signatures are a waste of bandwith, space, time. They are useless, unimportant, stupid, created for no purpose, and anyone who has one is stupid.

You have wasted approximately 7.2343 seconds of your life by reading this.

Alexandergreat3
Skirmisher
posted 02-22-05 02:45 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11       
I've heard that Warhammer40k is a very exciting, action-packed RTS game with really fun battles with lots of fighting tactics.

I will definitely get it!

Quote:

So, I wonder if this will be the kind of thing we can expect in AOE3-- i hope it will be!

I really don't know, but from the impressions that I got from hearing other harcore AoK players, the battle ideas in Warhammer are quite fresh and captivating, and I highly doubt AoE3 will evolve much from previous Age games regarding the military aspects... But, who knows, maybe AoE3 will -- we just have to wait until more info is released .

PhoenixTRD
Skirmisher
posted 02-22-05 03:13 PM EDT (US)     9 / 11       
Alexandergreat3

Off topic I know, but I wish to thank you for having made the 2 versions of World maps that you did for AoC.

Phoenix-TheRealDeal, Proconsul, Co-Founder (9Aug03) & former Co-Consul, Phoenix Clan;
previously known as:
tonto_real, Co-Founder (13Mar00), 1st Emperor, & Patriarch of the old Tonto Clan.
Visit Phoenix Clan at www [dot] phoenixclan [dot] biz
THE_champion95
Skirmisher
posted 02-22-05 03:46 PM EDT (US)     10 / 11       
omg what the hell is that to do with anything were saying lol.

supporter of Crystal Palace Football club
Leader of The VnX clan!

ESO Name: Rulezzz
Alexandergreat3
Skirmisher
posted 02-22-05 03:54 PM EDT (US)     11 / 11       
Thanks for noticing, PhoenixTRD. How long ago did you download that map? I did it about 5 years ago, and I'm surprised that someone actually remembers that I designed it .

Pardon me for my off-topic reply, RiderOfEternity .

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames