Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » variety
Bottom
Topic Subject:variety
TitoTio
Skirmisher
posted 02-21-05 01:12 PM EDT (US)         
its boring as hell to have the same order to build in every map

the RM can be different like in a florida swamp map the player that wants to rush has to cross the swamp and cannot build on it. So if he wanna rush then he has to micromanage his soldiers while crossing the swamp like avoiding crocodiles and anacondas, so it can make the strategy challenging but not overpowered and more fun. The boomer might have the advantage here if he builds alot but the rsher can know all the paths of the swamp

in the caribbean one there can be sharks on the area so its harder for small ship to cross to get to another island, and on an ice map it can be hard to cross the ice because of weather

AuthorReplies:
HyperShadow165
Skirmisher
posted 02-21-05 01:22 PM EDT (US)     1 / 11       
I wouldn't be surprised if all that was included in the game.
Suecotero
Skirmisher
posted 02-21-05 01:48 PM EDT (US)     2 / 11       

Predators (sharks, alligators) might kill any villager or heavily wounded unit withing their reach (instantly rather than attacking and getting killed inmediatly) Boggy Amazonian jungles and floridian swamps, Blizzards in northern lands bog down units and make it impossible for cannons or sometimes even cavalry to get through (much like in Preatorians, where certain units can walk into forests and water and others cant) Icing in northern seas and reefs in tropical ones might hampper seagoing ships.

Anything else?

SilentScreams
Skirmisher
posted 02-21-05 02:02 PM EDT (US)     3 / 11       
Some units (infantry and especially native units) should be able to walk through forests.
Cavalry and cannon movement should be decreased im boggy/muddy areas.
Cliffs/rocks should shelter units from gunfire to a certain degree.
Some units should be able to swim rivers (see the Cavalry thread).
Cornfields and jungle should conceal the units in them from the enemy player, until they start shooting.
There should be plenty of undergrowth for eyecandy as well.

All Hail Giant Squid World Domination
TitoTio
Skirmisher
posted 02-21-05 04:11 PM EDT (US)     4 / 11       
in the amazon jungle if some dude wanna rush then he has to take some canoes up the river and kill an indian base, or unite with them, which can help with the rush, or end it if the tribe doesnt want to ally with them
Billman
Skirmisher
posted 02-21-05 04:49 PM EDT (US)     5 / 11       
I think rocky/mountainous areas should only be accessable to only infantry units. They could scramble through these hard to reach places so that cavalry and artillery have a hard time killing them. It would be brilliant if you got cornered by a large force, but made your escape through a pathway around a mountain.

Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.
WhoAskedU
Skirmisher
posted 02-21-05 05:26 PM EDT (US)     6 / 11       
There aren't any anacondas in Florida...I would know...I live there...

At my signal unleash HELL.
God Bless America, Land of the Free!!!
•••winner of "2002 AoM Forum's Coolest Name Award"•••
•••••••Another Fabulous Post by WhoAskedU!!•••••••
People just complain about other people's Signatures because
they aren't smart enough to make their own.
w00tdaddy109
Skirmisher
posted 02-22-05 02:03 PM EDT (US)     7 / 11       

Quote:

I think rocky/mountainous areas should only be accessable to only infantry units. They could scramble through these hard to reach places so that cavalry and artillery have a hard time killing them. It would be brilliant if you got cornered by a large force, but made your escape through a pathway around a mountain.

Yeah - awesome

And I can imagine playing a game as the French against the Spanish. The main Spanish army has just been wiped out, and the general/hero and his bodyguards are escaping across the mountain passage south of the battle. But a couple of French Cavalry followed them it (albeit slowly, due to a mountainous speed handicap) and shot the general. After which, they both dismounted (so want that ability in the game - PLEASE ES - PLEASE ) and began hand-to-hand combat with the general's bodyguard. They were all killed, except the one who got away

A lot older, though no wiser.
THE_champion95
Skirmisher
posted 02-22-05 03:49 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11       

Quote:

its boring as hell to have the same order to build in every map

if u use the same BO on every map in any ES game ur a total noob.

supporter of Crystal Palace Football club
Leader of The VnX clan!

ESO Name: Rulezzz
AZTGlorY
Skirmisher
posted 02-22-05 03:54 PM EDT (US)     9 / 11       
You would have problems reaching 2k if you even use a BO..
w00tdaddy109
Skirmisher
posted 02-22-05 04:42 PM EDT (US)     10 / 11       

Quote:

if u use the same BO on every map in any ES game ur a total noob.

Are you still a total n00b if it's a sound strategy that always works, and you beat the enemy with it every time?

I'd say not, but that's me

A lot older, though no wiser.
THE_champion95
Skirmisher
posted 02-22-05 05:23 PM EDT (US)     11 / 11       
well if u use a land bo on a water map your not gonna get over 1700 on tt or are u gonna beat the enemy every time.

supporter of Crystal Palace Football club
Leader of The VnX clan!

ESO Name: Rulezzz
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames