You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Dead Bodies and Destruction!!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Dead Bodies and Destruction!!
barley_n_oats
Skirmisher
posted 02-22-05 03:55 PM EDT (US)         
Will there be bodily remains after a battle or interactive "real" rubble when a building is destroyed?

I know in previous Age games, body decay and eventually disappear, but I personally would love to see the aftermath of battles and destroyed towns. Buildings leave rubble, but they eventually leave a patch of altered terrain.

I assume that AOEIII will have death and debris, but will eventually disappear, but how long will it take?

I am up for permanent eye candy, such as ruins of an old town and a bloody battlefield littered w/ pockmarks of cannon shots, dead horse bodies, bones, and death. With the new engine, I'd assume they'd be able to leave realistically blown up units lying scattered places and properly maimed bodies all over the place.

Anyone else have this weird yearning for wanton death and destruction? (play Diablo and battle sites are left untainted and bloody for the whole game)

ESO: oats
ESO2: dirtyoatmeal
AuthorReplies:
w00tdaddy109
Skirmisher
posted 02-22-05 04:31 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
I think alot of what you ask for will become reality.

As I say, ES say they're spending the next few months 'polishing' the game. I think adding such things (mainly lots of eye candy and minor features) will be a part of that.

Let's hope so

A lot older, though no wiser.
DarckRedd
Skirmisher
posted 02-22-05 06:52 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
Yes, I'm hoping that someone well not have to make a "Bloody Mess" modpack so we can get our dose of carnage. I want to see bloody battles!

| D A R C K R C D D |
Vergil
Skirmisher
(id: Revan_)
posted 02-22-05 07:28 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
I wouldn't want them to over do it, but seeing old battlefields and such would be awesome. Heh, I still think it'd be a weird feeling going to your enemy's town to siege it and then find it already destroyed with ruined buildings and everything.

VergiL
The Fora Augusta
"Hey bastards, knock knock" - Sarge
"Ha, piss on that, I'm bringing a ma-cha-te!" - Putman, Club Dread
rippy
Skirmisher
posted 02-22-05 07:33 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
Yeah, it'd be cool if, after a battle, there were blood stains and corpses, which end up simply being skeletons and blood-stained clothing.

Keeping it PG rated all the time of course. =D

"Build a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and you warm him for the rest of his life." -Chinese proverb

"If MacGyver and Jack Bauer were in a fight, Chuck Norris would win."

HyperShadow165
Skirmisher
posted 02-22-05 08:19 PM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
Yeah I agree with Barley_n_oats. I would like to see that.
Openfire
Skirmisher
posted 02-23-05 07:23 AM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
Dat would be awesome

*Is still lurking here* (Actually, no.)
barley_n_oats
Skirmisher
posted 02-23-05 04:02 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
Take AoM's medusae for example. They would freeze soldiers into stone, but the stone would crumble and fall away completely before your eyes. I would like to see in-game where the stone statue stays the whole time.

ESO: oats
ESO2: dirtyoatmeal
Red Storm
Skirmisher
posted 02-23-05 04:10 PM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
Having dead bodies permanently remain on the map would slow the game down. Bodies and debris should remain for a time (definitely longer than the battle they were involved in, unlike AoM), but not too long.
ZAKtheGeek
Skirmisher
posted 02-23-05 04:16 PM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
I think this is a cool feature, but should be somewhat limited. Sometimes there's a piece of land on which SO much war occurs that it would literally be covered with blood and you couldn't even see the ground under it. That part of land on the map would have to become red!

I'm saying they should fade after a fairly long while. Plus, don't need a pile of corpses and burn marks ruining your perfect pretty little city.

I am herpes.

Pyro Icon
rodgers24888
Skirmisher
posted 02-23-05 05:20 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
Your villies could cart away teh mess if need be...

I still love to watch hordes of computer armies die at the hands of hundreds of longbowman, hilarious becuase longbowman have ++++range. And with all the upgrades not much can beat them. the mess they make is pretty nasty.

It'd be nice if you could salvage bit's of timber and stone from destroyed building as though you were mining or gathering the bits from the building. I can;t wait for a trailer of the havok engine in action soon. Surely a trailer must be in store for us soon. That would top off my mega fun week ES (all the snow!!! and that)

[This message has been edited by rodgers24888 (edited 02-23-2005 @ 05:20 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames