You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.14 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » The official alpha/beta/marketing test discussion thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:The official alpha/beta/marketing test discussion thread
Theris264
Skirmisher
posted 02-23-05 07:40 AM EDT (US)         
The official alpha/beta/marketing test discussion thread

I was checking the ESAC forums recently (link {Notice that the site may be down or have errors}), and saw this in a discussion about the official tests:

Quoted from Xamolxis:

Hello again Holy and hello all the rest of you,
I am not yet allowed to say something, but i can say: don't worry about testing AOE III.
Second, it may be that ES adopted another strategy on launching the game, so we all have a chance to buy it at the same time. Cross your fingers ...
Xamolxis

This was during a discussion about wether the alpha/beta/whatever test would also include regions outside the US. Xamolxis said not to worry about this, so does that mean there will be also an alpha/beta/gamma/delta/epsilon/whatever test in Europe?

Theris264
former Age of Mythology Heaven and Age of Empires III Heaven forumer||former member of Ambition Designs
"An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind" -Gandhi
AuthorReplies:
daydreamer
Skirmisher
posted 02-23-05 10:37 AM EDT (US)     1 / 14       

Quote:

Xamolxis said not to worry about this

maybe because there won't be testing for aoe3

It would be really nice if they released the game on the same date all over the world .

Elpea
Hal
(id: lp_usa)
posted 02-23-05 10:38 AM EDT (US)     2 / 14       
Aye, this is good/bad/awesome/great/terrible news, altogether!

Eric D
Skirmisher
posted 02-23-05 10:41 AM EDT (US)     3 / 14       
Yeah, I don't think there will be a beta this time. That's just what I think though based on a couple things DS said and now this. I hope I'm wrong though.
w00tdaddy109
Skirmisher
posted 02-23-05 01:29 PM EDT (US)     4 / 14       
I can't see there being any, sadly. The game's pretty much finished anyway, according to ES - but I'd still play a beta

A lot older, though no wiser.
beekay
Skirmisher
(id: black_knight_101)
posted 02-23-05 02:38 PM EDT (US)     5 / 14       
I bet they make a beta in Melbourne, Australia. *hint hint*

More seriously though, America is the largest English-speaking country in the world. So, no, probably not in Europe.

Oh wait, they have this for other languages too. Silly me.

sig

[This message has been edited by black_knight_101 (edited 02-23-2005 @ 02:39 PM).]

Belerofon
Skirmisher
posted 02-23-05 02:51 PM EDT (US)     6 / 14       
Melbourne Austrlaia would be berfect

I hope they are not gonna make anything like steam for hl2. I want to buy the game in a shop and hold the cd in my hands and not download some stupid data and pay online...but I doubt they are gonna do that.

And I agree, they prolly wont even be a beta testing officially (for the public). They have their own experts playtesting the game which is good because I hate the feeling people all around the world that got lucky getting a beta copy can play the game but me. But hey, who cares but me aye?

FlipBizcut
Skirmisher
posted 02-23-05 05:56 PM EDT (US)     7 / 14       

Quote:

This was during a discussion about wether the alpha/beta/whatever test would also include regions outside the US. Xamolxis said not to worry about this, so does that mean there will be also an alpha/beta/gamma/delta/epsilon/whatever test in Europe?

I think what Xamo was getting at is, There is no reason to worry about it...Either it happens or it doesn't. You gotta understand something here. The whole Beta testing discussion over at ESAC has been going on even before ES announced AOE III. He was just telling people to chill. It was gettin a bit hairy at one time. Chairs where being thrown, desks being flipped over, people getting stabed in the eyes with pens....Was a nasty mess.

£¿ïþß첩û £¤® ~ ¿ïØûîÐ £í® §üÐ줧
Ô¿ÿmþîåñ §â££ ã §ÅÇ
Gravity is a myth, the Earth sucks.
AZTGlorY
Skirmisher
posted 02-23-05 06:03 PM EDT (US)     8 / 14       
"More seriously though, America is the largest English-speaking country in the world. So, no, probably not in Europe."

Actully, belive it or not, more people can speak fluent english in China then whole Europe and North America together.

Guzzardo32
Skirmisher
posted 02-23-05 06:27 PM EDT (US)     9 / 14       
Really?
And also I'm sure they won't only do a version of the game, but several in other languages, like in Spanish, German or Chinese.
Thebean
Skirmisher
posted 02-23-05 06:45 PM EDT (US)     10 / 14       

Quote:

Actully, belive it or not, more people can speak fluent english in China then whole Europe and North America together

True that.
China has more English speakers than ANY other country in the world, including America, so they may release some kinda bete there.

Meteora is a pissy bitch

Dio is Trentin Anthony Tracanna
Elpea
Hal
posted 02-23-05 06:50 PM EDT (US)     11 / 14       

Quote:

Actully, belive it or not, more people can speak fluent english in China then whole Europe and North America together.

America alone has almost 300 Million Citizens, that's almost 1/3 of China's population, add the UK and Canada to that and I doubt that's true =\

[This message has been edited by Elpea (edited 02-23-2005 @ 06:51 PM).]

Supremacy
Skirmisher
posted 02-23-05 07:00 PM EDT (US)     12 / 14       
How do we get ahold of a beta test if one comes out?
Elpea
Hal
posted 02-23-05 07:02 PM EDT (US)     13 / 14       
Depends on what they decide to do, could be contests, open beta (everyone gets it), closed beta (few picked ones get it)... really depends.

Supremacy
Skirmisher
posted 02-24-05 01:28 AM EDT (US)     14 / 14       
Pick me! Pick me! Pick me!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames