Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » talking rts
Bottom
Topic Subject:talking rts
Belerofon
Skirmisher
posted 02-23-05 09:11 PM EDT (US)         
Anyone know the game savage? Its really really good and its one of a kind. You can actually go into both views, first person and god view, but only one guy (the commander) can go in to the god view and command others, build buildings and look after the entire team. I wish there was a bigger community but unfortunately almost nobody knows that game. There is so much potential in that game and the Idea is, as I said, unique.

I think it would be great, in aoe games, if you could go in to the first person view and watch your vills work or your units fight in battle. Imagine you are watching a pike going with a huge army in to a huge battle and it survives the whole time and then you hear them scream "yeah yeah we did it" or something, that would be kinda cool. Of course handling your eco and doing micro is pretty much impossible in the first person view, but it would be a really nice feature, donít you think?

Iím looking forward to the time where this kinda stuff is possible and the graphics look really cool, in both, the first person and the go view in an rts game. Of course there are games already that allow similar stuff, but the graphics arenít really that good.

But of course, the more new stuff you put in a game the complexer it gets and most people donít like that. They want a simple game that looks cool and thatís it, perfect example is wc3.

I hope that in a couple of yeas somebody creates the ultimate rts game with fantastic graphics and a gameplay similar to aoe. I know there is so many things that we havenít seen in an rts game that we hopefully see in the near future. I mean, ES already has come up with the HC and some other new stuff (unknown).

I know that Intel and I think it was Nvidia are developing the ultimate game which nobody has ever seen before, but until that is even close to a release date, there will probably be aoe4 or 5.

This thread is not about what could be a cool feature in aoe3 but about what could be the next cool thing we are going to see in the future.

ps, whoops. This really doesnt belong here, my apologize.

[This message has been edited by Belerofon (edited 02-23-2005 @ 10:52 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Eric D
Skirmisher
posted 02-23-05 10:20 PM EDT (US)     1 / 1       

Quote:

This thread is not about what could be a cool feature in aoe3 but about what could be the next cool thing we are going to see in the future.

Then it probably belongs in the community forum. I've been wrong before though.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames