You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.50 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » AoE 4 Nintendo DS!!
Bottom
Topic Subject:AoE 4 Nintendo DS!!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
tunamin
Skirmisher
posted 04-02-05 08:10 PM EDT (US)         
i was looking through www.n-next.com(because i have a ds) and i peeded my panced when i saw that aoe was comming to the ds.

-disscuse-

AuthorReplies:
morganic
Skirmisher
posted 04-02-05 09:43 PM EDT (US)     1 / 50       
I soon as I can figure out what you were trying to say, I may have something to say.

Did you mean: I was looking through www.n-next.com,because I have DS, and I peed my pants when I saw that AoE was coming to the DS.

Would it kill you to try and spell things correctly? It makes things so much easier to read.

I probably won't be getting AoE4 for the DS.

Rookierookie
Banned
posted 04-02-05 10:24 PM EDT (US)     2 / 50       
I guess everyone is thinking that this is a belated April Fool's joke after seeing the "4".
ZAKtheGeek
Skirmisher
posted 04-02-05 10:24 PM EDT (US)     3 / 50       
I think it's supposed to mean AoE for DS. In any event, old, crappy news.

I am herpes.

Pyro Icon
Da_Sleek_Ranga
Skirmisher
posted 04-02-05 11:48 PM EDT (US)     4 / 50       
Look ES has no plans AOE4 and if they did they wouldn't release it on DS. They might spin it off on DS AFTER the PC release but it would be complete crap and no-one would buy it.

Edited: I check the website i't doesn't even mention AOE4 it has one article about AOE2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Da_Sleek_Ranga (edited 04-02-2005 @ 11:52 PM).]

OutlandishTeacup
Skirmisher
posted 04-03-05 00:22 AM EDT (US)     5 / 50       

Quote:

Would it kill you to try and spell things correctly? It makes things so much easier to read.

Welcome to the team.

Signed, teh Ao3H Speeling adn Grammer Poleese.

    

[This message has been edited by OutlandishTeacup (edited 04-03-2005 @ 00:22 AM).]

Rookierookie
Banned
posted 04-03-05 07:20 AM EDT (US)     6 / 50       

Quote:

Look ES has no plans AOE4 and if they did they wouldn't release it on DS. They might spin it off on DS AFTER the PC release but it would be complete crap and no-one would buy it.

Edited: I check the website i't doesn't even mention AOE4 it has one article about AOE2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psst, say the title out aloud.
Pwned
Skirmisher
(id: You_Are_Pwned)
posted 04-03-05 07:30 AM EDT (US)     7 / 50       
The AoE game for DS is being made by Majesco, not ES.

ada
WhoAskedU
Skirmisher
posted 04-03-05 11:12 PM EDT (US)     8 / 50       
Yep, its made by Majesco, and it is also a TURN based strategy game as apposed to a REAL time strategy...

Quoted from IGN Preview:

According to the article, Majesco will be publishing this "historical" turn-based strategy game in the fourth quarter of this year. Features mentioned in the article include five civilizations to control, 15 types of buildings to construct, and 50 unique unit types to command. There's also the promise of wireless multiplayer for up to four player competitions.

At my signal unleash HELL.
God Bless America, Land of the Free!!!
•••winner of "2002 AoM Forum's Coolest Name Award"•••
•••••••Another Fabulous Post by WhoAskedU!!•••••••
People just complain about other people's Signatures because
they aren't smart enough to make their own.
ES_Bigdog
VIP
posted 04-04-05 00:36 AM EDT (US)     9 / 50       
Made by Majesco (well, they're the pub, Backbone is the actual developer), but made *for* Ensemble, with our involvement, etc.

dave

rwilde
Skirmisher
posted 04-04-05 06:26 AM EDT (US)     10 / 50       
I remember a very bad port of AoK on the PS2.
ES_Bigdog
VIP
posted 04-05-05 01:31 AM EDT (US)     11 / 50       
Yup, the PS2 version of AOK did, um, suck. But, we weren't involved in the gameplay/port at all. It was a biz deal made w/o us; we gave them the code and they did whatever they did.

The DS game is being made for us, with our involvement. It'll be good or we won't approve it

dave

rofl
Skirmisher
(id: SonicShadow)
posted 04-05-05 02:12 AM EDT (US)     12 / 50       
Oh...

So it's supposed to be turn based? I don't know how that'll affect the gameplay, but frankly I have a feeling it'll turn out for the worse. But if it's up to your okay, I hope you won't let slip a game that the fans will deplore.

―\_(ツ)_/―
Hal4
Skirmisher
posted 04-05-05 02:20 AM EDT (US)     13 / 50       

Quote:

I don't know how that'll affect the gameplay, but frankly I have a feeling it'll turn out for the worse.

There's nothing intrinsically wrong with TBS. It just isn't what we'd expect from ES. Then again, it might turn out like LoTR which would be excellent. Or any of the other many awesome TBSes out there.

Well, now we will finish talking and go to his funeral dinner.
Don't be put out at our eating pancakes-
it's a very old custom and there's something nice in that!
You don't know it, but you belong here
rofl
Skirmisher
(id: SonicShadow)
posted 04-05-05 02:23 AM EDT (US)     14 / 50       
The Civilization series and Advance Wars were the only turn-based games that really seemed to do it for me. I'm quite worried.

Quote:

peeded my panced

Roflmao! ^_^

―\_(ツ)_/―
huw D bob
Skirmisher
posted 04-05-05 03:10 AM EDT (US)     15 / 50       
Heh, Turned based strategies (TBS's) are different to Real-Time Strategies (RTS's), but all the fun's still there. Just a bit slower. :P
Rookierookie
Banned
posted 04-05-05 07:35 AM EDT (US)     16 / 50       
I liked Fire Emblem.
beekay
Skirmisher
(id: black_knight_101)
posted 04-05-05 08:16 AM EDT (US)     17 / 50       
You also like the RTW campaign, Firefox.

sig
Rookierookie
Banned
posted 04-05-05 08:23 AM EDT (US)     18 / 50       
No I don't.
Da_Sleek_Ranga
Skirmisher
posted 04-05-05 11:44 AM EDT (US)     19 / 50       

Quote:

Yup, the PS2 version of AOK did, um, suck. But, we weren't involved in the gameplay/port at all. It was a biz deal made w/o us; we gave them the code and they did whatever they did.

Your not meant to knock your own product sell it to me man (There so gunna fire him JJ)

[This message has been edited by Da_Sleek_Ranga (edited 04-05-2005 @ 11:46 AM).]

SuperTr00pers
VIP
posted 04-05-05 03:51 PM EDT (US)     20 / 50       
Just to let you know it is Age of Kings for the DS. I dont think we would put out a new "Age of" exclusively for a hand held system.

If turn based games are not your thing you will probably not like it. However with the cool touch screen and stylus I think it will be a fun game to play just because of the ability to grab units and move them with a pen. However I like turn based action.

Many RTS games have been ported to PS2 and other consoles and have just not done good. The controls and interface really hold them back. Blizzard, Redwood, and ES have had their issues with console RTS games. In the future this may change.

[D4KU]

Elpea
Hal
(id: lp_usa)
posted 04-05-05 05:18 PM EDT (US)     21 / 50       
I just got a DS and I love TBS games (I really enjoy Advance Wars) so this is really great news for me.

[This message has been edited by Elpea (edited 04-05-2005 @ 05:18 PM).]

rippy
Skirmisher
posted 04-05-05 06:03 PM EDT (US)     22 / 50       
I was a bit bummed when I realised it was turn-based..

But then I realised that the 4 GBA games I currently have are Advance Wars, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, and Advance Wars 1 and 2.

lmao, doesn't seem so bad anymore. I'm sure teh ES guys wouldn't be so stupid as to make a turn-based AoE game and just let it go down the drain.

The only thing I don't get though, is that AoE involves whole armies, not just a squad of half a dozen units like in other TBS games. I guess you won't be making 100 infantry like in an AoE RTS game :P

"Build a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and you warm him for the rest of his life." -Chinese proverb

"If MacGyver and Jack Bauer were in a fight, Chuck Norris would win."

Aoe_3
Skirmisher
posted 04-05-05 06:53 PM EDT (US)     23 / 50       
well first thing ds Sucks

live evry day as if it where your last!

one day your bound to be right

ZAKtheGeek
Skirmisher
posted 04-05-05 06:59 PM EDT (US)     24 / 50       
Thanks for your contribution. I love you already.

I liked fire emblem, but that game was less of a build-an-empire type thing and instead just mostly total war. I personally don't think turn-basedness works well in age games. But hey, prove me wrong and I'll be happy!

Tautologically, I WIN.

I am herpes.

Pyro Icon
SuperTr00pers
VIP
posted 04-05-05 07:00 PM EDT (US)     25 / 50       

You could have alot of units but it would be really hard to see a large number of them on the screen and pick them out from the background unless you used completely contrasting colors.

Could you imagine microing 200 units on the DS screen? We would have to scale the graphics back so far no one would play it.

Anyway I am putting off buying a PSP until I get a DS of my own. I will probably end up getting both though.

[D4KU]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames