You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » My magazine cares afterall!
Bottom
Topic Subject:My magazine cares afterall!
RiderOfEternity
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-05 12:36 PM EDT (US)         
Hey guys, haven't posted in a while

Welp, I had started thinking that my magazine didn't really care about Age3, until today Openning my home page up I saw the spotlighted interview on the front!

GOGOGO> http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=117233

There's a few new things there, plus a few explanations of some things they've done, so take a look ^^

Also that is only part 1 of the interview! In the next they'll reveal a 'killer-feature' although I doubt we haven't heard about it yet....

-RoE

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG

[This message has been edited by RiderOfEternity (edited 04-11-2005 @ 05:33 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
SilentScreams
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-05 12:44 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
Very nice, thanks

All Hail Giant Squid World Domination
mikinaak
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-05 12:52 PM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
Yes thank you that was my AOE3 fix for the day.
Now i shall withdrawl for the remainder.
unjugon
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-05 12:52 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
Cool info on the british. Fear the sheep rush!! /kidding
PlatinumKnight
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-05 01:19 PM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
British Sheep rush is op!
Theris264
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-05 01:22 PM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
Great article!
I especially liked the part of custom cpn civs (which means there is a possibility of a custom civ editor within the scn editor. Yay!)

Theris264
former Age of Mythology Heaven and Age of Empires III Heaven forumer||former member of Ambition Designs
"An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind" -Gandhi
Von Mackensens Hat
Skirmisher
(id: DrNick)
posted 04-11-05 01:56 PM EDT (US)     6 / 12       

Quote:

the US civilization appears only in the campaign, and shares a lot in common with the British civ (as you might expect), but has some unique twists as well.

Quote:

In addition to the campaign, we are devoting a lot of effort to the single-player random map skirmish-style game. You'll be able to earn levels for your Home City in single-player mode

Well, there's the answer to two questions I've seen asked before on this forum...

Dr Nick
I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Klo
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-05 05:25 PM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
Very nice!! Good find!

Aequeosalinocalcalinoceraceoaluminosocupreovitriolic is the anwser, next problem
RiderOfEternity
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-05 05:32 PM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
Something I found very interesting is this talk about interacting with the opponent in the beginning. I'd really like to know more about that

I think these three paragraphs were the most interting:

Quote:

We want to get players to interact with each other early. It's easy in an RTS game to promote strategies where everyone is essentially playing a solo game for 20 minutes, and then comes out of their town for a single big fight that determines the game. We don't think that's as much fun.

We know that RTS games are very sensitive to what happens in the first few minutes of the game. Losing even a single villager early can force some players to resign because they feel too far behind. So while you want players to interact early, you don't want them clobbering each other inside of 60 seconds.

We've learned that our fans like interesting decisions. Some RTS games are all about executing a set of opening moves or a build order, almost in the same way that guys who get really good at fighting games just memorize what buttons to mash in what order. While that kind of game can be fun, our fans want to out-think their opponents and not just out-click them.

Oh, and yay for me for being on the news:P

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG

[This message has been edited by RiderOfEternity (edited 04-11-2005 @ 05:34 PM).]

LiquidRed
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-05 05:35 PM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
Hehe a few minutes ago I could watch it without probs and now I have to register

Quote:

In order to continue to view this site, we ask that you spend a few minutes to register with us.

OldGrex
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-05 05:54 PM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
'Twas indeed a fascinating and somewhat revealing interview.

Of no little interest to me as a scenario designer was ES_Deathshrimp's comment about the 3 custom civs ES created solely for the built-in campaign.

I'm now pondering this: Shrimpy said one of the custom civs was the Americans, but didn't name the other two. It's possible the two other countries were very early and very brief visitors to the new world (eg, the Chinese, Norsemen or Irish), but that seems unlikely. It's more likely they are the "losers" from the European powers after the final 8 civs for the main game were selected. There is another intriguing possibility, which is my personal favorite - they were non-European, but key to some important aspect of post-1600CE American history relating to the Black family history (eg, Mexicans, Barbary Pirates/Libyans, or - we can only hope!! - stateless Caribbean pirates).

@ ES_Deathshrimp: (If you visit this thread to see how your interview played ) Greg, old friend, old pal - whatever you do, please, please leave the units from those three campaign-only civs in the editor, where we can get at 'em for scenario design purposes.

Strive For Ataraxia

[This message has been edited by OldGrex (edited 04-11-2005 @ 05:56 PM).]

Gagylpus
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-05 07:00 PM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
No need to ask that- of course the campaign only units will be in the editor. In fact, the entire civilizations might be included.

Gagylpus
I don't have a signature. Signatures are for mortals. Or very insecure immortals like those freaking Greek gods.
mikinaak
Skirmisher
posted 04-12-05 07:45 PM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
Did you guys see the release date that this site has...
December 4, 2005. Oh god i hope not.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames