Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Camera Angles
Bottom
Topic Subject:Camera Angles
OPERATIONIVY
Skirmisher
posted 04-27-05 02:44 PM EDT (US)         
Has anyone noticed from screenshots or from previews if the camera angle is going to be fixed or not? Will we be able to zoom in real close and witness the battles at eye level? Or is it going to be a fixed camera angle? I have never played Age of Mythology, so I'm not aware if that game has a free moving camera or not.

It seems from the screenshots and what not that there will be a fixed camera angle. But with different zoom levels as some screenshots have larger flora and fuana than in other screenshots, and some screenshots generally show "more" than others. Any thoughts?

AuthorReplies:
Oduig
Banned
posted 04-27-05 02:54 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
There is already a topic on this, i thought, though this may have a better title.

AoM made it possible to rotate things, but you couldn't zoom in or out unless you put your screen settings high or low.

try 460x600   xD your mouse pointer is as big as a house

I think AoEIII will be in full 3D, but I'm not sure.

Midgard Eagle
Skirmisher
posted 04-27-05 03:01 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
Don't judge such things by screen shots. They can set the angle and min/max zoom to whatever they want, remember - they make the game.

I hope there'll be 100% free camera movement like in Ground Control II and the EE/Empires editor: Just hold a key and use your mouse to change the camera angle, then use the mouse wheel to move the camera forward or backwards. It's way better than Empires' system where you have to zoom in to change the angle of the camera.

Woad Creations veteran, WiC junkie
king of ages
Skirmisher
posted 04-27-05 04:00 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
I think you can.. Not sure, but a game this big? Most recent RTS games let you zoom/rotate, so I don't see why this would be different.

AZTGlorY
Skirmisher
posted 04-27-05 04:20 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
You could zoom in AoM but + and - keys... And yes, you will be able to zoom and rotate the maps in AoE3.
Lysimachus
Skirmisher
posted 04-27-05 07:30 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
But zooming in with AoM was horrible. You could zoom in alright, but only zoom down right on top of units heads and on top of buildings. But I want it like Empires, where you zoomed down where the camera set down on the ground and you could see everything in First-Person scenery...sky above, grass below.

~Lysimachus - Former HG Angel for Rise & Fall Heaven || Was RaFH Game Info Admin || Proud Member of HG since 1998
MicroM336
Skirmisher
posted 04-27-05 07:45 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
I'd say, like Midgard Eagle, that there should be a 100% free moving camera. If anyone here has played Children of the Nile that's what I'm talking about. All zooming and rotation is done with the mouse wheel and the rotation can even be inverted in the options menu.

-MicroM336
Visit my crazy web site here.
OPERATIONIVY
Skirmisher
posted 04-28-05 11:07 AM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
What about in that secret video that was up, but got closed. I was unfortunatley unable to view that. For those of you who did see it, was there any evidence of a free moving camera in there?
Salacon
Skirmisher
posted 04-28-05 04:23 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
There is zooming, but I don't remember any turning the camera or extreme zooming in.

"My work is not a piece of writing designed to meet the taste of an immediate public, but was done to last for ever." - Thucydides, ancient Greek historian
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
"I threw a knife at a baby once." - Soc the Corrupted
Salacon
Skirmisher
posted 04-29-05 04:58 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
"...the camera zoomed in to individual characters' faces)." - Latest Gamespy Preview

Doh, I guess I should have just edited my last post.

"My work is not a piece of writing designed to meet the taste of an immediate public, but was done to last for ever." - Thucydides, ancient Greek historian
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
"I threw a knife at a baby once." - Soc the Corrupted

[This message has been edited by Salacon (edited 04-29-2005 @ 04:59 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames