You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » AOE3 like 'The Patriot' film
Bottom
Topic Subject:AOE3 like 'The Patriot' film
Zord
Skirmisher
posted 04-28-05 00:24 AM EDT (US)         
If you are waiting to see a 1-2 minutes preview video, I suggest you to see a up to 2hs film The Patriot.

And if you saw this film lately, I suggest to see it again, but don't pay attention on the dialogues, see the details like cannons, muskets, pistols (maybe the Explorer's weapon), the formations, the band (playin' in the middle of battles), the home cities, the ships, the wagons, the raw materials and everything said already by the developers.

Some things to point that are important is the mention of the Native Tribe Cherokee; the moment when a soldier was reloading his weapon, he was totally defenseless, okay some soldiers have swords, but others not, like the Monk on the AOE-AOK games, if a unit was coming to kill him he could covert it, but if he was reloading he couldn't do nothing or run or reloading faster, so I don't mind if many units like musketman can be offensive only in a few seconds; like we've saw in the Italian suck-video the cannon could take out some units with a shot (on the ground), like in the film this was really true, the cannons was a SOS chance of the few units army on the battlefield; the cavalary was there too to take down some lucky soldiers that don't died by the musketman; and the main point to be observed was that some villagers, or many of them have on theirselves Courage, Patriotism, and like in that time this Must be on the game, a Research must have the power to transform simple and poor villagers into a reinforcement maintained by only Patriotism, and this is not all, as they wasn't prepared and trained on the Barracks like the real soldiers their accuracy may be unknown, like on some shot they can make much damage or a few damage, it's Patriotism mixed with lucky on the danger time.

Wow, how long is the above paragraph! Well to reinforce the title, see The Patriot film and then analyse the physhics, the politics, the order and the sight that the developers maybe took thanks to this film.

Good bye!

AuthorReplies:
Nocturnal2
Skirmisher
posted 04-28-05 00:40 AM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
A game that will give you a taste of what AoE3 may be about is American Conquest. You should give the game a try if you havn't already. It's from the same makers of Cossacks.

[ MSN Space ]-[ Korn Kult ]
Close your eyes and pretend again that your skin isn't as thin as the skin you're in.
URep_Fuzzy
Skirmisher
posted 04-28-05 02:53 AM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
The movie was really good, I recommend it.
I could help but laugh how they were fighting, come 10 feet face from each other, shoot, and wait to die. It was funny how they just accepted the fact.

GL Pahlen's cavalry and Cossacks also got their share of cannonballs and canister from the Grand Battery and were obliged to withdraw out of the field of fire.
decline and fall
Skirmisher
posted 04-28-05 05:59 AM EDT (US)     3 / 9       

Is that the film where the black slaves were, improbably, fighting for the slaveowners against the British?

Hopefully, AOE III will be more historically accurate, and less obsessively anti-English, than Mel Gibson.

barley_n_oats
Skirmisher
posted 04-28-05 02:42 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
"Patriot" was a POS movie. It was terrible, but enjoyable. If you look back and analyze some of the scenes, they were downright ridiculous.

But can't argue with Mel Gibson kicking ass left and right.

I wished they extended on the guerilla tactics more, but of course, everyone went to see the giant field battle.

ESO: oats
ESO2: dirtyoatmeal
OPERATIONIVY
Skirmisher
posted 04-28-05 02:59 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
I second that Nocturnal2.

Check out the game, American Conquest. It's pretty much already Age of Empires Three minus the 3rd demension.

[This message has been edited by OPERATIONIVY (edited 04-28-2005 @ 03:00 PM).]

Cheesewiz
HG Alumnus
posted 04-28-05 08:09 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
I love that movie. In fact, I seem to like all of the Gibson movies

It does give a good idea of what it was like during the late 1700s in terms of warfare. Tactics and everything. Although Gibson's character never existed, it was based on a combination of several guys.

Also, just as a side note, General Greene, the American General that Gibson's Character helps, well, my town is named for him

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
Mythos_Ruler
Skirmisher
posted 04-28-05 08:17 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
The movie is only enjoyable for the warfare scenes. However, as others have said, the political bent behind the flick was ridiculous, as was the fact that through the entire 8 year war Mel Gibson's children never aged. The final field battle was excellent though.
king of ages
Skirmisher
posted 04-28-05 10:29 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
It was a good movie. I'm fine with it bein bloody and all, but some of the blood was..cheasy.. Its a good example how revoluntary war peoples fought though, good for that.

I thought it was dumb how they lined up and shot at each other. I don't know if people actually did that or if the movie just did or what.. Stuipid. Theres better ways, like ambushing from the forest in in the plains... now lining up.. Geez.

AoMPlayer000
Banned
posted 04-29-05 12:38 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9       

Quote:

If you look back and analyze some of the scenes, they were downright ridiculous.

Quote:

However, as others have said, the political bent behind the flick was ridiculous, as was the fact that through the entire 8 year war Mel Gibson's children never aged.

"The Patriot" is one of the most ridiculous movies I've ever seen.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames