You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Horses management hint?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Horses management hint?
Gamer man
Skirmisher
posted 04-30-05 11:28 PM EDT (US)         
it said at the end of the long 12 page artical something about his favorite being the civs feeling different, and in it he said a french have to worry about horses and natives.

well i wouldn't think having good cavalry would be "worried" about horses, so are we gonna have some sorta horse 'resource' thing to worry about??

Moooers are remembered, chirpers never die, splashers are invincable

AuthorReplies:
king of ages
Skirmisher
posted 04-30-05 11:31 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
I always liked making scenarios where you depended on capturing horses to make calvary, but making it a gameplay requirement? I don't know.. It would be neat, as long as I don't need to capture a horse for EVERY calvary.. maybe 1 horse will create 1 calvary that takes 20 seconds to build, 2 horses takes 17 secs to build one, 3 takes 15, 4 takes 13, 5 takes 10.. and thats a max. Somethin like that?

The Elite Lord
Skirmisher
posted 04-30-05 11:35 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
Interesting...I've noticed that too in the article.
kook
Skirmisher
posted 05-01-05 01:26 AM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
If you read properly he said " the french have to worry about CAVLARY" thats different from horses, this means a unit on horseback, noy the horse itself, it probably means they have a weakness or something
lief ericson
Skirmisher
posted 05-01-05 01:44 AM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
What I think he meant is that the French focus on cavalry and Native units.

SEXITUP.
Former Leader of the FPH Clan
Acting-President of AoMH
Indum
Banned
posted 05-01-05 06:48 AM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
There was a topic about this a while back, and I'll repeat what I said then to the idea-HELL NO.
PTM
Skirmisher
posted 05-01-05 07:17 AM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
Well depends. It COULD (read: could) be interesting to require a captured horse per cavalry unit. Remember, you can order cav from your HC so if you didn't capture the horses you could still get cav - you'd just have to waste shipments (which would therefore require smart players to capture as many horses as possible).

Perhaps you could capture an entire herd (dolphins in pods, birds in flocks, fish in schools, what do horses travel in?) and just save the 20 or so horses for when you need them for a marginal food cost (1 per 5 seconds?). Would add realism, no doubt...

Meh.

harr
Skirmisher
posted 05-01-05 07:50 AM EDT (US)     7 / 10       

Quote:

what do horses travel in?

A harras of horses.

Having to capture horses would be an interesting feature, but I don't think I would think that it benefits the game.

Gamer man
Skirmisher
posted 05-01-05 01:17 PM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
i dont want the horse resource thing, and i dont like it, but its the only way that the "worry about cavalry" thing would make sence with the french, since you woudln't worry about a strength, and i dont see the french being weak vs. cavalry.

Maybe horses will work something like the nerfs in SW:GB

Moooers are remembered, chirpers never die, splashers are invincable

lief ericson
Skirmisher
posted 05-01-05 01:19 PM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
Maybe the French have crappy infantry (which counters cavalry), so they need to worry about them? I seriously doubt that ES would ever add horse management.

SEXITUP.
Former Leader of the FPH Clan
Acting-President of AoMH
Darko Lawless
Skirmisher
posted 05-01-05 02:21 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
Well he said they have to worry about cavalry and natives, and since we know the french have a native bonus, that probably means they have a cavalry bonus too.

Hail me, for I have the loudest voice!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames