You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.131 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Why does everyone like the British?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Why does everyone like the British?
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6  Next Page »
ThatisHILLARIOUS
Skirmisher
posted 05-18-05 08:03 PM EDT (US)         
My subject is self-explanatory.
But really, would you rather live in a nation were you have the Queen, and all the Queen does is drain money from the Budget. Or, would you prefer to live were the Czar (guess were that is) drains money from the Budget to finance the War or the Modernization.

note that capitalization express strong points or the beginings of sentences
when words preceded by 'the' are capitalized the phrase (the word and the 'the') should be given enunciation from the rest of the sentance that contains them

This is my sig.

True, it does suck.

But I deal with it.

Why can't you?
AuthorReplies:
HC Dragoon
Skirmisher
posted 06-01-05 10:14 PM EDT (US)     126 / 131       
But in the game I don't see longbowman taking a really long time to train (to be a problem anyway) and I don't really mind the amount of coin/resources they cost as long as they are worth it. I'll probably use them in the first 2 ages (if that's possible, it should be though), slowly phasing them out in the 3rd with musketeers.

[This message has been edited by HC Dragoon (edited 06-01-2005 @ 10:15 PM).]

Thanatos
Skirmisher
(id: deathmaster666)
posted 06-02-05 04:58 AM EDT (US)     127 / 131       

Quote:

"4. India"

Please tell me you pulled that one out of ur arse.

Ouch! That hurts!

Y'know Pwning everyone in sports doesn't make you a super power.

This applies to you to mono ager.

For those of you who donít get it. Put simply In AoE speak

Australia is like a fully upgraded villager.
The U.K is like 2

India is like 15 unupgraded villagers

China is like 20 villagers with 1st age upgrades.

Theses are only gross approximations but still, lets carry onÖ

Which eco is more likely to win you a Random map game or give you a higher eco score?

I bet you are saying the latter 2?

I bet either of the latter 2 will pwn either of the former 2 in a random map game as well.

Take Economy score to be the size of your economy and the RM game to be a projection of power.

I canít put it any more simply.

Now that Rogueagle and to a less extent but in far simpler terms have explained it can we get back on topic?

Help me to tally the forums belief patterns, vote in my poll

Tally so far:-
Agnostics:18
Atheists:28
Theists:42

[This message has been edited by deathmaster666 (edited 06-02-2005 @ 05:05 AM).]

Lowlander
Skirmisher
posted 06-02-05 07:53 AM EDT (US)     128 / 131       

Quote:

and china?

WHY THE HELL ARE WE PAYING AID TO THEM!?!?!?!?

I don't know where you got that from.

As for India, economically they may be ranked fourth. But India has a billion people in it. A ranking system has to be more complicated than simply GDP.

[This message has been edited by Lowlander (edited 06-02-2005 @ 07:56 AM).]

Thanatos
Skirmisher
(id: deathmaster666)
posted 06-02-05 09:40 AM EDT (US)     129 / 131       
Not when taking in the size of the economy.

If you go by living standard then we take into account per capita income in which case we get some ridiculously small or lightly populated countries most of which that don't matter a rats ass.

P.S: Adding to the weightage of China and India are their rather fast growth rates of economy, rather quick for large economies.

Help me to tally the forums belief patterns, vote in my poll

Tally so far:-
Agnostics:18
Atheists:28
Theists:42
Lowlander
Skirmisher
posted 06-02-05 10:48 AM EDT (US)     130 / 131       

Quote:

If you go by living standard then we take into account per capita income in which case we get some ridiculously small or lightly populated countries most of which that don't matter a rats ass.

True, under GDP per capita, Luxembourg is the richest country in the world.

Rogueagle
Skirmisher
posted 06-02-05 01:03 PM EDT (US)     131 / 131       
Thanks for the simplified explanation Deathmaster (heh...and i though mine was far too oversimplified ). But thats fairly accurate (though i do disagree with the 20 Chinese villagers with one level upgrade....i would put both the 20 Chinese and 15 Indian at the same upgrade level...or perhaps give the first level upgrade to only 7 of the Chinese villagers - reflecting the seven special economic zones in China). GDP is a much better gauge of power than per capita income. It allows comparison on an international scale, which is what is needed in a comparison of ecnomic power. Of course, per capita income better describes living conditions. But to get even more specific, you will have to look at the distribution of wealth and class divisions. I never understood why the Western nations (such as ourselves - US) and Europe looked so condescendingly on India and China. Perhaps the latter because we have our dislike of communism (though China is only partially communist...its capitalist in the seven zones and communist everywhere else), but India is another democratic and free nation (and also quite strong economically and growing extremely rapidly economically), and i always wondered why the US never tried to establish better relations with them.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames