You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.88 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Shooting through walls !
Bottom
Topic Subject:Shooting through walls !
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
RiderOfEternity
Skirmisher
posted 05-23-05 11:49 AM EDT (US)         
Look at the idiots! They're shooting they're own walls with their rifles!

*cough* Discuss...

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
AuthorReplies:
Argalius
Skirmisher
posted 05-23-05 11:52 AM EDT (US)     1 / 88       
Where?

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
|| In honor of FlipBizcut
|| Mod: The Age of Crusades
Maffia
AoE3H Seraph
(id: fred_ernie)
posted 05-23-05 11:52 AM EDT (US)     2 / 88       
Could we have a pic. please?, so that we can look at the idiot's then discuss.

This month I have mostly been playing Zelda Breath of the Wild
Steam - Maffia GFWL - Maffia01 YouTube - HGMaffia Twitter - @HGMaffia
Age of Empires 3 Heaven Seraph

What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare.
[This message hasn't been edited by fred_ernie (or Maffia) (not edited 12-29-2005 @ 09:57 AM).]
Onimusha3
Skirmisher
posted 05-23-05 12:02 PM EDT (US)     3 / 88       
lol
Red Storm
Skirmisher
posted 05-23-05 12:05 PM EDT (US)     4 / 88       
I believe this is the screen Rider is referring to. I was also hoping units would not be able to fire through walls. It was fine in AoK, but it doesn't look right in AoE3.
Knight of Ni
Skirmisher
posted 05-23-05 12:08 PM EDT (US)     5 / 88       
I say it would drastically improve the usefulness of walls if they were bulletproof. Also, it makes cannons a lot more necesarry.
Maffia
AoE3H Seraph
(id: fred_ernie)
posted 05-23-05 12:10 PM EDT (US)     6 / 88       
Well in that case i have two suggestions, 1. The Blues are in the Reds base, and are trying to shoot their way out, as it appears to be only the blues shooting, or 2. This screenie is from an earlier version of the game and this has now been fixed (hopefully).

This month I have mostly been playing Zelda Breath of the Wild
Steam - Maffia GFWL - Maffia01 YouTube - HGMaffia Twitter - @HGMaffia
Age of Empires 3 Heaven Seraph

What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare.
[This message hasn't been edited by fred_ernie (or Maffia) (not edited 12-29-2005 @ 09:57 AM).]
Red Storm
Skirmisher
posted 05-23-05 12:15 PM EDT (US)     7 / 88       
Or, it may be that units can shoot through that particular type of wall, but not the big stone walls we've seen in other screenshots.
HC Dragoon
Skirmisher
posted 05-23-05 12:15 PM EDT (US)     8 / 88       
Might be a one way wall... the defenders can shoot out but the attackers can't shoot in? just a thought =)
MoNo Ager
Skirmisher
posted 05-23-05 12:40 PM EDT (US)     9 / 88       
no i doubt it will be "fixed". IMO it doesn't need to be fixed because its not "broken". It's like when archers shot through walls in AoM. And they didn't shoot over it they shot through it because if you put an archer really close to the wall he could still shoot at the enemy THROUGH the wall. If the wall becomes solid in terms of bullets and arrows then that will really stop protecting your walls with archers, you would be able to attack without going through the safetly of your gates and attack in which case the initial purpose of the wall is gone in terms of protecting your units. I hope it doesn't get "fixed".
Argalius
Skirmisher
posted 05-23-05 12:48 PM EDT (US)     10 / 88       
Well lets keep it on this: You can exactly see the bullets go through the wall.

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
|| In honor of FlipBizcut
|| Mod: The Age of Crusades
MoNo Ager
Skirmisher
posted 05-23-05 12:53 PM EDT (US)     11 / 88       
true its not a great plus for realism but is it inevitable, its better than putting holes in ur own wall and really a bullet wouldn't go through walls. It also beats a bullet changing course :P
Darth_Vader1_4
Skirmisher
posted 05-23-05 02:37 PM EDT (US)     12 / 88       
I hope they improve this it wouldn't be cool to have musketiers on one side of the wall shoting the musketiers on the other side of the wall.
Mortars would be very good in situations like these for both sides.
Darth_Vader1_4
Skirmisher
posted 05-23-05 02:38 PM EDT (US)     13 / 88       
P.S If I am not wrong the red players units are actualy one of the Ottomans unique units the Janissary.
El Moppo
Skirmisher
(id: C J)
posted 05-23-05 02:52 PM EDT (US)     14 / 88       
Rail Guns?

][- ][_ . ][\/][ (()) ][) ][) (())
Angelcynn > Niwe Middangeard ~ Ic
Scharfrichter
Skirmisher
posted 05-23-05 02:53 PM EDT (US)     15 / 88       
ya they're janissaries.. look at the name of the screenie.... Janisary Attack

"Hats off gentlemen, for if this man were alive we would not be here today." -Napoleon Bonaparte, at the grave of Frederick the Great
Spacemonk
Skirmisher
posted 05-23-05 04:01 PM EDT (US)     16 / 88       
imo they should not be able to shoot through walls, it's just unrealistic and it looks stupid when units are looking at their target wich they can't even see. Remember in other screenshots where units could walk on the walls, then it would be logical if they could fire to the outside (or inside) and the other units on the ground would be able to shoot at them. Archers shooting 'through' walls is ok, because you could think that they shoot over the wall, arrows don't fly in a straight line like bullets do.
Czar Nehawk
Skirmisher
posted 05-23-05 05:44 PM EDT (US)     17 / 88       
maybe there shooting into the sky and hoping it lands on there head??

-------/////*****///// Czar Nehawk \\\\\*****\\\\\-------
Popemaster_Joef
Skirmisher
posted 05-23-05 06:15 PM EDT (US)     18 / 88       
Wt the heck. They already put in the ability for units to go on walls, why did they keep the shoot through wall glitch? gahh! also, i hope units cant shoot through units too.

Eso name= Sintho_Matix
I heard sombwhere that elpea is brazillian and I am racist against brazillians so now i hate you even more.
"wave of babies"- http://www.homestarrunner.com/tgs6.html
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 05-23-05 06:17 PM EDT (US)     19 / 88       
I bet they are shooting "over" the walls and that we are illusionizing that they are shooting "through" the walls. I doubt ES would go as far as they have with the realism and then make walls shoot-throughable.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
OPERATIONIVY
Skirmisher
posted 05-23-05 06:53 PM EDT (US)     20 / 88       
Why can't people shoot through walls? I mean, okay units should not have magical teleporting bullets that go through walls. But if you are in a house with walls, does that mean you cannont fire out the house? Have you ever heard of a window? Many forts had small, half foot by half foot (approx.) windows that allowed soldiers to poke out a musket and shoot at the enemy, but made it hard for other soldiers to shoot into. These types of windows date back to the time of castles.

We know that units can be put on walls. Well, what happends when the walls are just wooden pallasides like in the pic and have no "upper level" to walk around on. Perhaps the musketeers line up next to the wall, fine a gun window and start firing.

Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 05-23-05 07:08 PM EDT (US)     21 / 88       
Good idea, but that would require alot of microing.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
OPERATIONIVY
Skirmisher
posted 05-23-05 07:15 PM EDT (US)     22 / 88       

Quoted from Brtnboarder495:

Good idea, but that would require alot of microing.

Not any harder than putting soldiers on stone walls. Select a bunch of units, click the button that makes the guard on a wall and instead of walking up stairs on a stone wall, they just stand by the pallaside....

byzmaster
Skirmisher
posted 05-23-05 07:25 PM EDT (US)     23 / 88       
To make it easy, select the unit to man the wall, then right click/hotkey the wall. Simple!

|WND|byzmaster
www.wanderersclan.com
king of ages
Skirmisher
posted 05-23-05 07:46 PM EDT (US)     24 / 88       
Thats intresting... Its too bad they can shoot through walls. We'll just have to trust ES on this, I'm sure it was considered.

john the savage
Skirmisher
posted 05-23-05 09:42 PM EDT (US)     25 / 88       
maybye automatic loop holes, if the gate is locked the soldiers when ordered to attack automaticaly go to a loop hole or climb on the parapet to fire over the wall.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames