You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Idea to solve the HC-level difference
Bottom
Topic Subject:Idea to solve the HC-level difference
Spacemonk
Skirmisher
posted 05-31-05 01:05 PM EDT (US)         
Since quite a few ppl are concerned about playing vs other ppl with a significant difference in HC-level, including myself, I have been thinking about it.

As I was playing forza on my xbox, I had a lot of more money then my dad but we could still play vs each other by just picking a car within the same class. So I thought, what if we implent something like this with the HC's as well.

This shouldn't be hard to do I think. The idea is you're not stuck with your current HC-level, but you can also pick a lower lvl. If you would do this every level should be saved somehow, so it wouldn't be smart to just let you pick anything. My idea was to save every 10th HC-level (0, 10, 20, 30 etc.).

For example, you're at lvl 47 and you've got some friend who are at level 35, 51, 31 and 42. If you want to have a fair game everyone would be able to select HC-level 30. Now nobody has an advantage over someone else, cause you're all at the same level. I can imagine this would also work good with tournaments.

I hope you understand, cause I'm not that great at explaining things

"Give me Age of Empires, sir, and you may keep your Warcraft."
AuthorReplies:
Mokon
Skirmisher
posted 05-31-05 01:19 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Yeah it makes sense.... i dont think the HC level will matter to much tho if everything is balanced. I mean from what i get i think it will more be a thing to add more advanced strats...

what im concerned with tho is how it will effect touries.... there should be some way to set everyone for instance at level 75 for a toury so that all things are equal....

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • achilleas
    Skirmisher
    posted 05-31-05 01:21 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
    thats perfect !

i agree with this guy.

And maybe a 50- level player could create a new 30 level HC each time he wanted to play vs his 30 level friend. He could customize it differently each time up to level 30 or even choose some pre-set 30 lvl HC.

AoMPlayer000
    Banned
    posted 05-31-05 01:23 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
    Hm... There could be an option "Downgrade and equal HC levels" in the Host Game menu.

Still this would be strange... You had to give up all your HC techs/units in higher levels because of that, and thus you might even have to change your personal tactics.

I prefer ES solution: The differences between the HCs won't be game-deciding.

MoNo Ager
    Skirmisher
    posted 05-31-05 01:48 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
    i doubt this will work coz everybody's level 30 home city will be different...
    RF_Gandalf
    Skirmisher
    posted 05-31-05 01:58 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
    I wonder if you might be able to save an HC at different levels at your own choosing - say save it at level 20, 30 or whatever. Yes it might be nice to be able to save it at that level to play against lower level HCs, but it might be fun to go back to a 'fork in the road' of the techs and build it up a different way without having to start all over(some of us won't have infinite time to explore all of the different possibilities).
    I could see a lot of advantages to being either able to save a copy of your HC at different levels or as stated above 'roll back' an HC to a lower level.

Spacemonk
    Skirmisher
    posted 05-31-05 02:05 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       

Quote:

I prefer ES solution: The differences between the HCs won't be game-deciding.

ofcourse that would be the best, but I can imagine that there still will be a significante difference between some HC-levels.

Quote:

Still this would be strange... You had to give up all your HC techs/units in higher levels because of that, and thus you might even have to change your personal tactics.

I hope you understand it's only temporary, you still keep your lvl 54 HC but just for that one game you'll be back at, say 30.

edit: just found this

Quoted from DeathShrimp:

If you can't find a match around your HC level, you can opt to play at a lower HC level.

wow, they're fast guess they already thought of it

"Give me Age of Empires, sir, and you may keep your Warcraft."

[This message has been edited by Spacemonk (edited 05-31-2005 @ 02:10 PM).]

AoMPlayer000
    Banned
    posted 05-31-05 02:21 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       

Quote:

I hope you understand it's only temporary, you still keep your lvl 54 HC but just for that one game you'll be back at, say 30.

I did. And wow, ES is really fast .
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames