Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.41 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » dead bodies
Bottom
Topic Subject:dead bodies
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Putanky
Skirmisher
posted 06-18-05 04:21 PM EDT (US)         
In the video i notice the bodies dissapear quickly. I think the bodies should stay there until the game is over. Maybe as time progresses they can rott until they turn into bones. I don't like how they just vanish.
AuthorReplies:
Zeusmeister
Skirmisher
posted 06-19-05 11:26 PM EDT (US)     26 / 41       
It looked like units were not affected by the physics engine when they were killed by non-artillery.

They died in what seemed like a preset animation.
If they do, a nearly graphically perfect game is going to be marred.

Lenardius VII
Skirmisher
posted 06-21-05 07:10 AM EDT (US)     27 / 41       
If the bodies wouldn't disappear

then they'd have to re-animate the troops, slowly walking over the bodies or tripping over.

"Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale."
Runfast
Skirmisher
posted 06-21-05 05:34 PM EDT (US)     28 / 41       
replying to Zuesmiester

i dont think that they would need to use the physics engine when a unit is killed by gunfire. because theres not a whole lot of knockback-power behind a bullet
so i think the falling over is realistic
a bit corny i admit but because the units are fighting in line formation they wouldnt have been running etc.

now when a horse rider got killed it would be sweet if he fell off his horse and the horse rode away

Raus_Tribe
Skirmisher
posted 06-21-05 10:56 PM EDT (US)     29 / 41       
ya i think when the game is finished ES will have the bodies rotting over a couple minutes but just imagine if u play a game with 2000 dead all on the same battlefield u wouldnt b able to see ur units plus if the units stay 3D then i guess they would stack up so i think they should rott

but they should do what they did in AOM like when u killed a spearman on a cliff or hill and his body stretched over the whole thing that just didnt look good

but i have faith in ES they want to make a good looking game and making all the bodies stay would not help and making the bodies dissapear wouldnt help at all

AOK rules and AOM severly lacked balance and unit diversity
stacey
Skirmisher
posted 06-30-05 00:23 AM EDT (US)     30 / 41       
well the bodies would have to disappears ometime during the game, or bodies might pile up through your town and stuff and that would be really distracting annoying.
KING ONION
Skirmisher
posted 07-03-05 05:15 PM EDT (US)     31 / 41       
It would be cool if when a unit walks over your dead unit and if it was an enemy, he might chuckle a bit, if it was your guy he would morn the unit's death, and if a neutral unit would just look at the dead body and not care much.

Someday I will rule the Earth....
deduijk
Skirmisher
posted 07-03-05 06:12 PM EDT (US)     32 / 41       
wow we care about the littlest of things do we

I would simply hate the bodies lying arround so long.. a little while is good, but a long time isn't.

It also takes a shitload of RAM & CPU to get all the bodies to die as they should in the rate they should. I rather have my ram&cpu used for the game itself.., so that battles look good with different animations etc. It alrdy uses plenty cpu, so making this even more wouldn't be the best option. Think of a DM.., thousands and thousands of units lying arround on the floor..; goodbye game-performance..

CU,
deduijk

Doggiedoodle
Skirmisher
posted 07-03-05 06:57 PM EDT (US)     33 / 41       
I don't know if it's possible but couldnt they make the body rotting a 2D effect? There are certain things where 3D is complete overkill and bodies rotting on the battlefield is one of them.
GoldenCavalry
Skirmisher
posted 07-03-05 07:50 PM EDT (US)     34 / 41       
Yeah, I agree with Doggiedoodle. You can keep the bodies there for a while and then sink them and replace them with 2D tiles that show dried skeletons just like in AoE2. That would be nice.
KING ONION
Skirmisher
posted 07-04-05 06:02 PM EDT (US)     35 / 41       
What if the bodies just stay and rot for a while, BUT you could assign villagers(colonists, whatever,)to go and take them away. Maybe each town would have like, an area set away for a morgue(cemetary, graveyard). It would be surrounded by fences and have some tombs in it along with gravemarkers. It could mostly be eye-candy but it would be a solution for the dead bodies. Can anyone think of somthing better?

Someday I will rule the Earth....
dupsky
Banned
posted 07-04-05 07:07 PM EDT (US)     36 / 41       
i will use my villies to burry dead bodys while u use yours to make better economy yea thats a great strategy!!!not
Zeusmeister
Skirmisher
posted 07-04-05 07:13 PM EDT (US)     37 / 41       
Some guy called "Runfast" said
""replying to Zuesmiester
i dont think that they would need to use the physics engine when a unit is killed by gunfire. because theres not a whole lot of knockback-power behind a bullet
so i think the falling over is realistic
a bit corny i admit but because the units are fighting in line formation they wouldnt have been running etc.

now when a horse rider got killed it would be sweet if he fell off his horse and the horse rode away:""

Apparently he didn't get me right. When I said that guys were not affected by the physics engine. I meant that they died in a preset animation. My point was that if the physics engine wasn't used, musketeers dying in line formation would die identically and you would see a line of identical dead people all in same pose.

steace43
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-05 04:46 PM EDT (US)     38 / 41       
@dupsky
If you make it so that if you do send over your villagers to pick up the bodies, you can get some benefit, like recovering the enemy weapons and such stuff, and then studying them to recieve certain techs cheaper/for free, or you could recover your own guns, and then being able to train units cheaper since you don't have to make new guns.
dupsky
Banned
posted 07-05-05 05:37 PM EDT (US)     39 / 41       
ok, that is another story, that might work i would hope they test it in gameplay if it happened like that---just for the feel of an age game and most importantly competative gamplay.
KingOfTheHill
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-05 05:50 AM EDT (US)     40 / 41       
both plumbing i mean plunding (as in plunder) is inter-related with dead bodies. The deadmeat will only "dissapear" once been fully plundered automatically, 3d to 2d to nothingness.

ere's the catch ----> you only have 10etc seconds to go to plunder yourself from you fallen compatriot before it vanish into thin air or even worst enemy gets near to it/ beat you into it. it's like sub-koth here sub-koth there ya knowwww!

Ivan the perfect
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-05 05:59 PM EDT (US)     41 / 41       
I like the plundering, comrade. But I dislike the 2D world of AOE II

With all my heart, your comrade, Ivan.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames