You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.347 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Civilizations-Read this before posting about a civ
Bottom
Topic Subject:Civilizations-Read this before posting about a civ
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 14  Next Page »
GoForGoldenJarls
Skirmisher
posted 01-08-05 01:59 PM EDT (US)         
Lately there have been many, many, many threads about the same civilization or idea or speculation being posted 2 or 3 times. This is basically where you look to see if that has been talked about extensively yet, and, for god sakes, to stop posting threads about it. This is not a FAQ, but an information bank, if you will, about what has been posted before.

Before you post your thread, consider these:

FIRST STEP: Is it useful?
Will the post you make contribute to the AoE3 discussions? Do not post things that will make no contribution, such as trying to talk about things that should be in Community Forum or GD or any other forum.

SECOND STEP: Is it obvious?
If you say something like "OMG2 TH3RE ARE GUN5 1N 7H1S GAM3!!! ANY1 3LS3 N0TIC3!!?!11" you WILL get flamed. Everyone has seen the screenshots, only point out new ideas or intricacies.

DO NOT POST ANYTHING CONFIRMED, OR IT WILL BE THE DEATH OF YOU!!!

THIRD STEP: Is it in here?
Several subjects have been talked about. I have included some of the most talked about-and most repeated-here. If it is in this list, post in one of the threads. Don't make a new one.

Japan
japanese?
Italians and Japanese possibly civs

The evidence most used by Japanese supporters is this concept art of a Samurai. However, it is only concept art, so not very strong evidence.

EDIT: Confirmed as not a playable civ. May have Ronin as mercenary units.

Netherlands
The Dutch
The Dutch also very possible to be included

The evidence most used by Dutch supporters is this screenshot which includes the Dutch flag. It is a screenshot so they are very probable.

EDIT: Confirmed as a playable civ.

Germany/Holy Roman Empire
What is with Germany/Deutschland?

The evidence most used by German supporters are several screenshots, such as this one, with the German flag, which matches this flag

Italy/Venice
Italians and Japanese possible AoE3 civs

The evidence most used by Italian supporters is this concept art of an Venetian Stradiot. However, it is only concept art and not very strong evidence.

EDIT: Confirmed as not a playable civ. Possible in expansion, may be in game at some point.

Portugal
Portuguese in Age of Empires III

The evidence most used by Portuguese supporters is concept art with this flag, which matches this flag. However, its is only concept art and not very strong evidence.

America
Where are the Americans?

America (USA) has been confirmed as not a playable civ in multiplayer/skirmish games, but may be a playable civilization in the campaign.

Natives
These should answer any question you have on natives.

You may be able to play with a Native civ in the campaign, as there have been reports of helping the Aztecs fight the Spanish, etc.

Trade

These should answer any question you have on trading

The Home City Concept

These or these should answer any question you have on the home city.[/url]

Trains
Trains?
Railway in AoD
locomotives

There are trains in this screenshot. There have been debates over whether they're in RM or just campaign, and what their purpose is.

EDIT: Trains have been confirmed as 4th level and later trade units.

Naval Warfare
boats/ships
What kinds of battleships?
Naval Warfare
An Innovative Design for large Naval units that works for Ensemble's AoE3

We have seen big ships-and small ones-mainly what we know is from this screenshot. We have also seen cnoes here, but it is not known if they are in the game, eye candy, or a campaign object.

England, France, Spain, Netherlands, Russia, Ottomans, Portugal, Germany
These are the civilizations that are confirmed so far.

FOURTH STEP: Search is STILL your friend!
Just like in every forum here, search is very important. Before the pickup, it was slightly less important, but with the number of posts coming in now it is essential. Search keywords that could be in the same vein as your subject. For example, if you will post on slavery, search "Slavery" "Slaves" etc.

FIFTH STEP: Posting your topic
Please, try to speak intelligibly. Make sure you know what you're talking about, and check your information. Make sure OTHER people know what you're talking about, as well.

So please people, don't spam the forum with repetitive threads.

[This message has been edited by GoForGoldenJarls (edited 06-16-2005 @ 08:38 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
AoMPlayer000
Banned
posted 01-08-05 02:04 PM EDT (US)     1 / 347       
And please don't flood the forum with pure guesses.

If I were a mod here I'd close all those unnecessary unrealistic and undetailed threads that suddenly come up these days...

GoForGoldenJarls
Skirmisher
posted 01-08-05 02:13 PM EDT (US)     2 / 347       
Thanks for stickying this, whoever it was.

Elpea
Hal
(id: lp_usa)
posted 01-08-05 02:15 PM EDT (US)     3 / 347       
No problemo

GoForGoldenJarls
Skirmisher
posted 01-08-05 07:18 PM EDT (US)     4 / 347       
Could a mod change this thread's name to "Read this before posting a new topic" please? Thanks.

The Fenris Wolf
Banned
posted 01-08-05 07:19 PM EDT (US)     5 / 347       
I'd like to make a note, that stradiots were venician, and not italian.

They were recruited from the balkan possetions of the venitian empire, dalmatia, albania & greece etc......

So, not italian, and not employed by all italian city-states, only by the venitians.

GoForGoldenJarls
Skirmisher
posted 01-08-05 07:20 PM EDT (US)     6 / 347       
Changed.

lachlan
Skirmisher
posted 01-09-05 02:05 AM EDT (US)     7 / 347       
The Dutch were also listed as probable by PC Gamer indicating they may have a taste of insider info.
GoForGoldenJarls
Skirmisher
posted 01-09-05 02:08 AM EDT (US)     8 / 347       
The Dutch are already in the thread, they're pretty close to being confirmed.

tarmo_flake
Skirmisher
posted 01-09-05 02:17 AM EDT (US)     9 / 347       
Mexicans! Whats about Mexicans??!!!

"Society has traditionally alwalys tried to find scapegoats for its problems, well, here I am." - Marilyn Manson, 1996
GoForGoldenJarls
Skirmisher
posted 01-09-05 02:25 AM EDT (US)     10 / 347       
There's been no evidence at all about them. This is only about things that have evidence. And I hate to break it to you, but there is NO WAY Mexico will be one of the 8 civs.

tarmo_flake
Skirmisher
posted 01-09-05 02:28 AM EDT (US)     11 / 347       
ARGH!!!!! (HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE ES...)
-----------------------
Oh my... that is horrible!

"Society has traditionally alwalys tried to find scapegoats for its problems, well, here I am." - Marilyn Manson, 1996
InsaneCow
Skirmisher
posted 01-09-05 02:35 AM EDT (US)     12 / 347       
Why are you upset that Mexico won't be in the game? They will probably include the Aztec as a native tribe as well as the Spanish colonies of Central America. Just imagine them as the precursor to the current nation of Mexico and you will be happy.

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!
Michael Jackson is innocent!
G-Dubs is the greatest president evah!
beekay
Skirmisher
(id: black_knight_101)
posted 01-09-05 06:51 AM EDT (US)     13 / 347       
And about time this thread was made! i just wonder why people actually beleive the Japanese are in the game

sig
Gaurdian_112
Banned
posted 01-09-05 12:46 PM EDT (US)     14 / 347       
^ BECAUSE THEY BLOODY ARE.

Quote:

"OMG2 TH3RE ARE GUN5 1N 7H1S GAM3!!! ANY1 3LS3 N0TIC3!!?!11

My god..that language is so weird to understand but..its hilarious, lol!

Theris264
Skirmisher
posted 01-09-05 04:44 PM EDT (US)     15 / 347       
GoForGoldenJarls, a suggestion: state in your thread which civs are confirmed (Britain/France/Spain). Thanks.

Theris264
former Age of Mythology Heaven and Age of Empires III Heaven forumer||former member of Ambition Designs
"An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind" -Gandhi
GoForGoldenJarls
Skirmisher
posted 01-09-05 04:51 PM EDT (US)     16 / 347       
Done.

Theris264
Skirmisher
posted 01-09-05 04:53 PM EDT (US)     17 / 347       
About the ships: in one shot there are also canoes.

Theris264
former Age of Mythology Heaven and Age of Empires III Heaven forumer||former member of Ambition Designs
"An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind" -Gandhi
tarmo_flake
Skirmisher
posted 01-09-05 11:38 PM EDT (US)     18 / 347       

Quoted from you kwnow:

Why are you upset that Mexico won't be in the game? They will probably include the Aztec as a native tribe as well as the Spanish colonies of Central America. Just imagine them as the precursor to the current nation of Mexico and you will be happy.

As a native tribe? i cant play with Native Tribes! Grrr... i hate that spaniards... I hate Cortes...

Jackson
Skirmisher
posted 01-10-05 00:25 AM EDT (US)     19 / 347       
First, this thread is still showing up as being about civs, whereas it certainly seems to apply to almost all the threads on this forum. So the title really needs to be changed.

Second, I agree completely with everything in the parent post.

Third, tarmo_flake, did you even read the parent post? The first step is: is it useful? I did a mite of research on Mexico and discovered the following: Mexico was formed in 1821 after declaring independence in 1810 - meaning it only existed for 40-50 years during the game period. Before that, yes, there was a mexico, but it was spanish colonies. Same as America was English colonies, etc.

Simply posting demanding the country you presumably live in gets you nowhere, and is the thing GoldenJarls is trying to stop. Also, saying things like "I HATE HATE HATEx15 ES" just pisses people off and wastes everybodies time.

tarmo_flake
Skirmisher
posted 01-10-05 01:05 AM EDT (US)     20 / 347       

Quoted from Michael Jackson?:

Third, tarmo_flake, did you even read the parent post? The first step is: is it useful? I did a mite of research on Mexico and discovered the following: Mexico was formed in 1821 after declaring independence in 1810 - meaning it only existed for 40-50 years during the game period. Before that, yes, there was a mexico, but it was spanish colonies. Same as America was English colonies, etc.

Simply posting demanding the country you presumably live in gets you nowhere, and is the thing GoldenJarls is trying to stop. Also, saying things like "I HATE HATE HATEx15 ES" just pisses people off and wastes everybodies time.

Bite me!

beekay
Skirmisher
(id: black_knight_101)
posted 01-10-05 03:25 AM EDT (US)     21 / 347       
This is off topic, but:

Quote:

My god..that language is so weird to understand but..its hilarious, lol!

You think that's good?

0/\/\G!!!11!one!! |-|3 7|-|1/\/K5 17'5 G00D!!!eleven1!!!

sig
The Fenris Wolf
Banned
posted 01-10-05 06:21 AM EDT (US)     22 / 347       
No, 1337-speak is not original, it's not new, it's old and unfunny, so your spam gets 2x more annoying.
Kampf_Panzer
Skirmisher
(id: Legendary_Jarl)
posted 01-10-05 07:02 AM EDT (US)     23 / 347       

Quote:

As a native tribe? i cant play with Native Tribes! Grrr... i hate that spaniards... I hate Cortes...

Chap! calm down, all of us Mexicans would love to see our beloved country included in the game. Do not hate the Spaniards, not even Cortez, thanks to them you and I are here right now in these forums posting.

Quote:

This chap as bitter as he seems is right. I understand your enthusiasm and nationalism, but if you excede you will cause certain racists and infidels to raise very easily against your words and your country, that I have learned from experience, so please try to calm down.

I still have faith that Mexico will be included, if not in this game in the expansion. If they include the US, they have to include Mexico by force and law, Mexico is very important for early American history, remember the Texas war of 1836 and the war of 1847.

If they don't include Mexico don't worry, neither come here and complain about it. Learn to play with the British and go and kick some Spaniard and American(if that civ is included) butts. ^^ (not that I have something against either of them)

I at least hope that ES will be respectful towards the history of our nation, cause people learn history from these games and our Aztecs ancestors will surely be included.

Quote:

It is a little more complex than that chap. But be sure that Mexico has always been Mexico and will always be Mexico .

"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

[This message has been edited by Legendary_Jarl (edited 01-10-2005 @ 07:05 AM).]

GoForGoldenJarls
Skirmisher
posted 01-10-05 10:36 PM EDT (US)     24 / 347       
I think that neither Mexico nor America will be included.

fernandoarteaga
Skirmisher
posted 01-10-05 11:53 PM EDT (US)     25 / 347       

Donít misinterpret, but America is the whole continent.

Mexicans are Americans, Argentineans are Americans, and Cubans are Americans.

I donít give a damn about Monroe Doctrine

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 14  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames