You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.17 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Gamespy Vid (What do you see at 35 seconds?)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Gamespy Vid (What do you see at 35 seconds?)
Doon22
Skirmisher
posted 07-01-05 04:19 PM EDT (US)         
hello. this is my first post here. i am a long time fan of the series esp. AOK2 with the Xpack. this new game is very exciting... and looks beautiful! i was watching the new vid at Gamespy and saw a Samurai running with the redcoats?? is this a crazy hint/surprise, joke, or am i just missing something?
Here is the url - http://media.pc.gamespy.com/media/721/721644/vids_1.html

Thanks guys,

Take Care.

AuthorReplies:
bahari
Skirmisher
posted 07-01-05 04:22 PM EDT (US)     1 / 17       
They will be mercinarys in the game.
Doon22
Skirmisher
posted 07-01-05 04:23 PM EDT (US)     2 / 17       
thanks for the reply... that is a cool feature - although i wish we could have an Asian Civ to play. thanks again.
bahari
Skirmisher
posted 07-01-05 04:25 PM EDT (US)     3 / 17       
well,You will be able to play the as Ottomans,they are Both european and asian!

[This message has been edited by bahari (edited 07-01-2005 @ 04:25 PM).]

schildpad
Skirmisher
posted 07-01-05 04:39 PM EDT (US)     4 / 17       
OMG we just reached the 50 topics about this.
SilentScreams
Skirmisher
posted 07-01-05 04:45 PM EDT (US)     5 / 17       
^ hehe

I so hope they have Indian War Elephants as Mercenaries in the game, imagine them tossing around Musketeers with the new physics... that imagine alone should warrant their inclusion!

All Hail Giant Squid World Domination
SilentScreams
Skirmisher
posted 07-01-05 04:46 PM EDT (US)     6 / 17       
Also, the Russians are kinda Asian

king of ages
Skirmisher
posted 07-01-05 04:48 PM EDT (US)     7 / 17       
If we do see war elephants, it will most probaly be with the ottoman. Hopefully they'll include the chin/japanese in a future expansion.

schildpad
Skirmisher
posted 07-01-05 04:49 PM EDT (US)     8 / 17       
wow would elephants be ottoman? i fought there are only elephants in germany.
SilentScreams
Skirmisher
posted 07-01-05 05:03 PM EDT (US)     9 / 17       

Quote:

wow would elephants be ottoman? i fought there are only elephants in germany.

Come again? lol?

I think all Mercenaries can be bought by all nations (perhaps requiring some unlocking), because you're supposed to bargain over them with your enemies). And all UUs for the Ottomans are known, and Ellies aren't one of them, so them being Mercs is really our only hope.

ywing pilot
Skirmisher
posted 07-01-05 09:22 PM EDT (US)     10 / 17       
Ellies in North America. Now that would be a sight would it not?

~The Evil Weasel
SilentScreams
Skirmisher
posted 07-02-05 05:25 AM EDT (US)     11 / 17       
Meh, mastodons along with the entire rest of the megafauna got extinct only a few 1000 years ago... there are still stone sculptures of elephants in some ancient southamerican city (forgot the name). They used to have horses, cheetahs, lions and camels as well, along with sabretooth cats, giant slots, glyptodons, hunting bears and other peculiar animals who were wiped out by climate change/native hunting...

Genghis Con
Skirmisher
posted 07-02-05 02:02 PM EDT (US)     12 / 17       
This is a "what if" games isn't it SS?

What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
SilentScreams
Skirmisher
posted 07-02-05 03:07 PM EDT (US)     13 / 17       
Amen to that, but to include mastodons and sabretooths would be pushing the envelope....

Saurus
Skirmisher
posted 07-02-05 07:07 PM EDT (US)     14 / 17       

Quote:

Meh, mastodons along with the entire rest of the megafauna got extinct only a few 1000 years ago... there are still stone sculptures of elephants in some ancient southamerican city (forgot the name). They used to have horses, cheetahs, lions and camels as well, along with sabretooth cats, giant slots, glyptodons, hunting bears and other peculiar animals who were wiped out by climate change/native hunting...

The city that you are talking about is Tiahuanaco (Bolivia). Also the megafauna extinted like 10000 years ago (that is the mistery of that city, if they got living models to make the sculptures then the city was built like 12000 years ago or even before). And the hunting never is a crucial fact of extintion (except mass hunting, only the modern people can make this) the climatic changes were the cause.

Back on topic, If they call "Ronin" to the samurai unit it will not be that bad, the ronin were mercenaries (but never fought in América) but I like to see something like samurai in all that "occidental cannons" crap. The last samurai was a great movie!!!

Sorry for my English, I'm from Argentina
SilentScreams
Skirmisher
posted 07-03-05 05:57 AM EDT (US)     15 / 17       
Yes, that's the city. I think it's as yet unclear to what extent hunting contributed to the demise of the megafauna in America, sure climatic changes had a lot of effect, but the fauna had already survived like 10 Ice Ages... seems a bit of coincidence it'd disappear altogether just when prehistoric humans invaded the continent...

KING ONION
Skirmisher
posted 07-04-05 07:30 PM EDT (US)     16 / 17       
-OR-
It could just be a soldier that LOOKS like a samurai. Hmm?
To me, the dopplesolder(or whatever it's called),the german UU, almost kinda looks like a samurai.

Someday I will rule the Earth....
Zeusmeister
Skirmisher
posted 07-04-05 07:43 PM EDT (US)     17 / 17       
They better have Samori (I can't spell) because they are too cool. They could have killing moves which knock their opponents away in awesome final blows.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames