You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies, Closed
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Never mind the Dutch! The French voice-over is seriously flawed.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Never mind the Dutch! The French voice-over is seriously flawed.
deadly_cookydog
Banned
posted 07-05-05 05:15 PM EDT (US)         
I agree with Kumar that my last thread went out of hand, and to be honest, through no fault of my own. I believe it is an important thread, and I would like to give the forumers the chance to respond to the issue here in a more mature way (even if I think there was nothing too nasty about the last thread, but hey, our modern world is so politically correct.) Kumar, please close it down again if it goes pear-shaped -thank you.

Seems to me ES should quit worrying about the 'ruiter' thing and get cracking with that ridiculously flawed French over. I seriously don't see the 'Dutch' problem anyway -why write a 5 paragraph blog entry on a simple pronunciation issue (on a single word) that can be solved in 5 minutes?
Can it really be THAT hard or time consuming to correct the French voice over? Especially when considering that the French market is perhaps ten times larger than the Dutch market -is it not worth it?

Perhaps ES has already sorted out the issue. In that case I apologise, and please close this thread down.

If not, DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE FRENCH VOICE-OVER. AS IT STANDS IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.

AuthorReplies:
Doggiedoodle
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-05 07:10 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
They could solve voice over issues by making all of the voices incomprehensible babble that didn't apply to any language... It isn't that important of a feature.
Elpea
Hal
(id: lp_usa)
posted 07-05-05 07:22 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
Or a better voice acting firm could be contracted.

Blitzer_231
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-05 07:41 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=1&tn=22592&f=1,22592,0,10&st=20

BAN BAN BAN

Click HERE if you need a spam blocker!! Click HERE if you love kittens and puppies!!
Click HERE if you believe in logic!! Click HERE if you plan to go outside!!
Anti-Climatic winner of LPW 17
Elpea needs your brain creativity
Ceres629
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-05 08:21 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
With all the resources this companies have is it really that hard to get fluent speakers of each respective language to do voice overs?

I don't speak any other european languages other than english so I have no idea if french/dutch voice-over is flawed, but so many people are complaining so something must be wrong.

At the end of the day, i hope something minor like voice overs are not going to make the game get delayed. They wait truly is almost over, and it seems like an eternity juntil aoe3's release when i first started posting on this forum over six months ago!

I hope this site and forum get even better after release!

[This message has been edited by Ceres629 (edited 07-05-2005 @ 08:22 PM).]

Rookierookie
Banned
posted 07-05-05 08:42 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
deduijk
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-05 08:45 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
OMG here we go again.. A closed topic is not an overlooked topic. Especially since ES already responded in it.You really think your that important...??

Please stop making a thread about this again and again..
It cannot get any other response than you already got from ES..(unless a progress report);

Quote:

posted 06-06-05 10:43 AM EDT (US) 35 / 93 ES_DeathShrimp's
We don't actually handle the translations ourselves (though based on feedback like this, it almost sounds like we should).

Few if any of us speak French, and certainly not 17th century French, so it's hard for us to evaluate where the translations are falling down. We'll try to look into it though.

WTF MORE DO YOU WANT HM?!?!?!!a written statement they "corrected" it? (while you even haven't heard the final version, nor [all] french units...)

Also stating that in one country it would sell better then in the other (here you go Dutch ~ French) doesn't make the issue at hand any bigger/smaller. Besides.., wth do you base this on..? Your own selfappointed-importance? There is no evidence where it would sell better, nor does it help your point in any way.

CU,
deduijk

AD: based on the thread above.., your house should be raided and burned to the ground.., Talking about a game and demanding changes and then not even willing to support the company by paying for their product!

[This message has been edited by deduijk (edited 07-05-2005 @ 09:02 PM).]

dupsky
Banned
posted 07-05-05 08:52 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
starting wars is fun isnt that why we like these games so much?
Kumar Shah
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-05 10:35 PM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
You guys know the drill.

grow up.

closed,

Kumar

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames