You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies, Closed
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Remove Team 6,6,6 from Multiplayer Setup
Bottom
Topic Subject:Remove Team 6,6,6 from Multiplayer Setup
ephestion
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-05 04:37 AM EDT (US)         
I don't like it when we play multiplayer games 3v3 and the 4th and 5th players change their team number to the 6th player number to save time. you get teams of 111 vs 666.

Can the host have a team selection button FFA, Team1 vs Team2, Team1 vs Team2 vs Team3, Team1 vs Team2 vs Team 3 vs Team4 and then from the player drop down they get to choose side 1 or 2. If its a FFA everyone gets their initial player number.

Any other ideas on how not to get a team with the number 666 would be appreciated.

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde.
AuthorReplies:
Silk
Royal Guard
(id: LordThom)
posted 07-06-05 05:19 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
... Let me get this straight... You object to three people being on team 6?

Good god man, take the advice of your own sig.

Silk
Spore | Whisper | Girl Genius
Alvays remember: any plan where hyu lose hyu hat iz a BAD PLAN.
OMGWTFBBQ
KingOfTheHill
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-05 05:45 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7       

Quote:

FFA:

Team1 vs Team2.

Team1 vs Team2 vs Team3.

Team1 vs Team2 vs Team 3 vs Team4.

and then from the player drop down they get to choose side -- 1 or 2.

Note: If its a FFA everyone gets their initial player number.

Elaborate more please, I'm hunger of forummming!!!!!

ephestion
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-05 06:40 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
Well I often boot people when they choose team 6,6,6 I find it an offensive thing like bad omen Satanic in origin. So if it happened to you sorry.....its a religious thing.

Ok well what I am speaking about is that when you come to your multiplayer screen for a 3v3 game, normally the screen looks like this:

personA |1|
personB |1|
personC |1|
personD |6|
personE |6|
personF |6|

I want a way so that the second team is infact always team 2. So rather than have player numbers to select from next to your name you have team numbers. The Team number is selected by the host and according to his selection the players can select a team.

The screen would look like this:
====================================
Team-Selector: |2| (Number of Teams)
=====================================
======================
TEAMS
======================
personA |1|
personB |1|
personC |1|
personD |2|
personE |2|
personF |2|

Note a player can't mistakenly select any other number other than a number between 1 and the number shown in the team selector option. FFA allowing each person to go in their respective position number ie the way it already is and was in the game. Except I would add a failure to click in ready until the FFA conditions were met.

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde.
Argalius
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-05 07:04 AM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
I agree with Silk. This is redicilous, if you worry about that then I can't even imagine how you react on cursing in movies etc. And what to think about killing all those people in games, aren't you afraid you will turn to THE dark side? ...

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
|| In honor of FlipBizcut
|| Mod: The Age of Crusades
deduijk
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-05 07:18 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
How small and petty can you get...? it is not even on the same line. I agree with earlier statement.., take after ur sig.

CU,
deduijk

SilentScreams
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-05 07:24 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Distasteful at best.

All Hail Giant Squid World Domination

[This message has been edited by Sith (edited 07-06-2005 @ 11:21 AM).]

Angel Sith
Skirmisher
(id: X_SithLord)
posted 07-06-05 07:53 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
Getting offended over the possibility of 3 people in a row choosing team 6 ... what can I say? Lighten up, for one. If you're that offended by it don't buy the game; asking ES to code for a feature to avoid people from potentially offending your strict religious views is absurd.

Closed.

Sith
Halo 2 Stats | AoMH | AoE3H | FMT
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames