You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.22 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Is it coming for mac like the others did?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Is it coming for mac like the others did?
King Salooo
Skirmisher
posted 08-23-05 05:04 PM EDT (US)         
Also is the demo?
AuthorReplies:
XsX_Invader2
Skirmisher
posted 08-23-05 05:06 PM EDT (US)     1 / 22       
probably. but the best version is going to be on windows... like everything else by microsoft :P
Doggiedoodle
Skirmisher
posted 08-23-05 05:10 PM EDT (US)     2 / 22       
I don't think there will technically be a "best" version. It would just be designed to work on a different OS.
Alizee
Skirmisher
posted 08-23-05 06:30 PM EDT (US)     3 / 22       
How do you play RTS with that one button clicker Macs use? :O GG your micro with one button LAWL.
darknessoffate
Banned
posted 08-23-05 09:27 PM EDT (US)     4 / 22       
lmao mac they are not gaming rigs... And their mice are absolutly terrible. TERRIBLE!
Nero_Gatson
Skirmisher
posted 08-23-05 11:18 PM EDT (US)     5 / 22       
Do you mean to tell me that you are so uninformed that you think that Mac's can only use one button mice? Perhaps I should refer you to my fun as hell Mac vs. PC thread in which to educate yourselves.

[/offtopic]

Mmm... it is speculated that Macsoft will port it, although rumors have arisen that even that wont happen, let alone a natively written version.

-~=|\|340 GA1S0N=~-
Don't flame me because I use a better operating system AND web browser than you.
"TEH INTERNET IS BROKEN"
Visit my totally awesome website.
Gameranger: ###_xile_###. Battle.net: Ner0.
1 0 6
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 08-24-05 00:28 AM EDT (US)     6 / 22       
Yes, Most likely a third party porter will port it to mac, as ES won't (they only aim for the platform for the biggest auidience). I'm not sure how you mean that the PC version is to be better then the mac version ... seeing as they are virtually identical.

I don't have a mouse or even a two button mouse for my mac, I just use click for left click and click+ctrl for right click. I find it alot easier then the left and right option on PC's (BTW there are two button mouses for macs, but because macs are simpler and don't require two button mouses typically, their are'nt standard two button mouses for macs).

You say mac mouses suck. Hmm..

http://www.apple.com/mightymouse/

I always find it amazing that in general the comments posted by PC users always seem to be so much less intelligent and thought-out then and opinionated then those of a typical mac user. Just my observation from participating in multiple forums ...

King Salooo, there hasn't been a demo for the mac version of any ES RTS to date. (well there was one for AoE, but it wouldnt load on the newer macs) So I wouldn't expect in this case either. If there is a demo for mac it will most likely be released around the time the mac version hits the shelves (6 months - 2 years)

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
Doggiedoodle
Skirmisher
posted 08-24-05 01:09 AM EDT (US)     7 / 22       

Quote:

I always find it amazing that in general the comments posted by PC users always seem to be so much less intelligent and thought-out then and opinionated then those of a typical mac user. Just my observation from participating in multiple forums ...

I find anyone with really strong opinions either way are about equal in how opinionated and unintelligent their comments are.
King Salooo
Skirmisher
posted 08-24-05 09:06 AM EDT (US)     8 / 22       
Well, Most games in this series come out for mac fairly early compared to other game companies. For Example AOM only took a few months.About the mouse thing I have a douple click mouse for a mac. One click is just the standard when you buy a mac. I don't mind if there is no demo. I just hope they continue converting the games to mac.
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 08-24-05 11:18 AM EDT (US)     9 / 22       
ehh? Actually AoM was released for PC in 2001, and it was'nt released for Mac until 2003. In 2003, the PC users got The Titans expansion pack. Two years later in the same season Macsoft and ES release ES software here we are, ES releasing AoE3 and hopefully Macsoft releasing The Titans expansion pack for macs.

Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 08-24-05 11:20 AM EDT (US)     10 / 22       

Quote:

I find anyone with really strong opinions either way are about equal in how opinionated and unintelligent their comments are.

Then I really hope you are'nt aiming that comment at me because I know and am willing to admit that currently PC's dominate the gaming community on the computer platform. I am opinionated but not stubborn and I know my facts. However I am very open minded. I am planning on buying a PC just to play PC games on.

NobleKain
Skirmisher
posted 08-24-05 12:58 PM EDT (US)     11 / 22       
Brtnboarder495 ~~

The Mighty Mouse? Hahhahhaa! Piece of junk. Don't believe me? Read other reviews here:

http://www.anandtech.com/mac/showdoc.aspx?i=2488

As for PC guys not knowing that the Mighty Mouse exists, well it was only recent just released (at the beginning of this month). You can't fault them for their ignorance, since the VAST majority of MAC users only had the one button mouse option at the time of purchase.

In my case, I have a MAC mini. However, I bought this:

http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/product.aspx?view=22&type=ovr&pcid=4e928caa-b20e-442e-a6d1-5dbef9244 2eb

Yup, it's a Windows Keyboard/Mouse from Microsoft of all things! However, it works great! The Windows key works for the COMMAND key on a MAC keyboard. It basically is very intuitive. I can't use most of the extra media buttons on top, however I can still use the Audio buttons (Mute, Volume Up/Down) which is really all I want use anyway.

The Right mouse button works just like a Windows Right click (It pulls up the Context Menu).

Basically, in other words: MAC's aren't limited to a One button mouse. Furthermore, MACs don't come with a mouse or keyboard so you aren't forced to buy one of theirs first before trading it for a PC set.

Olympian Staff @ ESAC
*** Fortune for a quarter... I LOVE quarters! ***
*** Give me a quarter, I'll tell you your fortune ***
harr
Skirmisher
posted 08-24-05 01:11 PM EDT (US)     12 / 22       

Quote:

You say mac mouses suck. Hmm..

http://www.apple.com/mightymouse/

I heard about it when it first came out. I don't see any advantage over a standard 2 button mouse, especially once cost is taken into account.

As to Mac versus windows, mac may be better, but it doesn't matter windows is my choice due to compatability of software and games.

Quote:

Is it coming for mac like the others did?

If it never comes out then I'll send you £5 ($8). Once it has never come out is when I'll send you it.
King Salooo
Skirmisher
posted 08-24-05 01:57 PM EDT (US)     13 / 22       
Well I thought AOM came out a lot quicker than that. I only remeber a couple months time between both releases. Well anyway about the mac subject 95% of NIH (national institute of health) computers are macintosh. They can display images and digital images better. But that off subject. And frankly I love macs but if you use a pc that your descision since there are some ups for pcs especially for gaming unless you buy Virtual PC for mac. Unity in Diversity.

[This message has been edited by King Salooo (edited 08-24-2005 @ 02:13 PM).]

Nero_Gatson
Skirmisher
posted 08-24-05 02:06 PM EDT (US)     14 / 22       
Argh! Okay, I'll say it right out:

Apple's mice SUCK.

Which is not to say that Macintoshes cannot use 3rd party mice! I use a Microsoft optical mouse with a scroll wheel and two buttons, and I prefer it way over the standard one button Apple mouse included with new Macs.

And the Mighty Mouse is not that great. I tried it out myself. In my experience, it was kind of ackward to use, the scroll ball didn't always work, and the buttons didn't always click properly.

-~=|\|340 GA1S0N=~-
Don't flame me because I use a better operating system AND web browser than you.
"TEH INTERNET IS BROKEN"
1 0 6
King Salooo
Skirmisher
posted 08-24-05 02:14 PM EDT (US)     15 / 22       
I don't like apples mice either and I'm a mac user. I use Kensingiton.
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 08-24-05 08:59 PM EDT (US)     16 / 22       
Ok, ok....

Apple makes good computers, operating systems and happy customers

Microsoft makes good video game consoles, keyboards, mice and disastisfied customers

Now that were all squared away.

Nero_Gatson
Skirmisher
posted 08-24-05 10:31 PM EDT (US)     17 / 22       
[user=ES_Deathshrimp] "Macs need to learn how to use Havok." [/q]

He said this in the developer chat after the official question period ended. Perhaps that will be a problem this time; porting Havok to the mac. Maybe we cant expect a mac version. :-/

-~=|\|340 GA1S0N=~-
"TEH INTERNET IS BROKEN"
1 0 6
darknessoffate
Banned
posted 08-25-05 01:38 AM EDT (US)     18 / 22       

Go to hell fanboy.

You my freind are an opionated fasctist bigoted, generalizing freak.

NobleKain
Skirmisher
posted 08-25-05 01:57 AM EDT (US)     19 / 22       

Quote:

user=ES_Deathshrimp] "Macs need to learn how to use Havok."
He said this in the developer chat after the official question period ended. Perhaps that will be a problem this time; porting Havok to the mac. Maybe we cant expect a mac version. :-/

Bummer, that would almost definitely mean no XBOX version too then.

Olympian Staff @ ESAC
*** Fortune for a quarter... I LOVE quarters! ***
*** Give me a quarter, I'll tell you your fortune ***
Doggiedoodle
Skirmisher
posted 08-25-05 04:08 AM EDT (US)     20 / 22       

Quote:

You my freind are an opionated fasctist bigoted, generalizing freak.

And you my friend need to look all those words up so you may use them properly.
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 08-25-05 04:01 PM EDT (US)     21 / 22       
I'm not sterotyping in anyway, I am telling you what I can conclude from my experiences. But thanks for proving my point for me.

And about the havoc deal. ES already said that it most likely can be ported, but they are'nt going to do it. And just like AoM for PC uses direct x and AoM for mac uses Open GL. It's possible, someone just has to do it.

Nero_Gatson
Skirmisher
posted 08-25-05 04:29 PM EDT (US)     22 / 22       

Quote:

I'm not sterotyping in anyway, I am telling you what I can conclude from my experiences. But thanks for proving my point for me.

I was going to say that too but it seemed too inflamatory :-p

And yes, to beat a dead horse, I really that AoE3 will be ported to Mac. I might just build a gaming rig anyway; 'Dows is really the way to go for gaming purely for compatibility. Everything else, Mac all teh way.

-~=|\|340 GA1S0N=~-
"TEH INTERNET IS BROKEN"
1 0 6
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames