Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.13 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Building a deck
Bottom
Topic Subject:Building a deck
FOF_VenoM
Skirmisher
posted 08-24-05 11:36 PM EDT (US)         
I am a little (a lot) confused with how this is going to interact with the multiplayer environment.

If I have a naval deck, and I get matched up with someone on a LAND-based map, I have a serious disadvantage.

It just seems that you should be able to see a list of ALL the cards that you can get at ALL the levels so you can start planning on what sort of a deck you can make.

Please, explain to me.. or agree with me.. I don't care.

It just seems that deck building is too random and you should be able to see cards you'll be able to choose in the future.

THANKS.

AuthorReplies:
Zen
Ghost
(id: Angel Zen)
posted 08-24-05 11:46 PM EDT (US)     1 / 13       
You pre-build multiple decks to suit different strategies and maps. When you pick your first shipment during a game, you will be asked which deck you want to use - by then you should have a pretty good feel for which deck would be best suited for the situation.

-Zen

Zen
HC Dragoon
Skirmisher
posted 08-25-05 00:34 AM EDT (US)     2 / 13       
Is there a limit on how many decks you can have built at one time? and can you name them e.g "booming deck" "rush deck" etc?, Thanks.
Chris_666
Skirmisher
posted 08-25-05 00:49 AM EDT (US)     3 / 13       
can the same cards be in more than one deck???

"The Price of Healthy Gums is Constant Vigilance" - 2 1/2 Men

New AoE Fansite.
Envisage Gaming | Total AoE III Coverage.

Zen
Ghost
(id: Angel Zen)
posted 08-25-05 01:33 AM EDT (US)     4 / 13       
You can name your decks, but I think there's a hard limit to the # of decks you can have (either 16, 32, or 64... one of those... I remembered it was a programming restraint)

The same cards can be in more than one deck.

Zen
yop
Skirmisher
posted 08-25-05 02:21 AM EDT (US)     5 / 13       
Zen, when is your last chance to change the content of one of your deck?

Is it when you're on ESO and not in any game room?
Is it in the game's lobby (where you choose your civ and the game specifications)?
Is it during the first couple minutes of the game, when you haven't received your first shipment yet (which means your deck is not yet selected?

Note that I ask for the content of a deck (swapping cards), not for the choice of the deck.

Thank you in advance.

[This message has been edited by yop (edited 08-25-2005 @ 02:23 AM).]

Kumar Shah
Skirmisher
posted 08-25-05 02:51 AM EDT (US)     6 / 13       
You can change your cards around in a deck before starting the game i.e. when the game countdown begins on ESO2. You can't change them around once the game has started.

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
simontyler9
Skirmisher
posted 08-25-05 02:57 AM EDT (US)     7 / 13       
so let me get this right (im also confused):

Say i choose...The French.
I then choose what decks I want for the game which is best suited then I choose start game and beat them with the cards in the decks I have chosen pre-game?????

How many cards per deck???

(so damn confusing)

My Heroes:
Kirk Hammet
Andrew Stockdale
Dave Grohl
Jimmy Page
shilly
Skirmisher
posted 08-25-05 02:58 AM EDT (US)     8 / 13       
20 cards per deck
15 basic cards from lvl 0
Kumar Shah
Skirmisher
posted 08-25-05 03:04 AM EDT (US)     9 / 13       

Quote:

Say i choose...The French.
I then choose what decks I want for the game which is best suited then I choose start game and beat them with the cards in the decks I have chosen pre-game?????

You beat them with whatever strat you execute, the deck forms a part of that strategy.

You choose which deck you want to use once the game starts and you decide to send in your first shipment. At that time you can choose from the various decks you have made, each containing 20 cards max.

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
Chris_666
Skirmisher
posted 08-25-05 03:10 AM EDT (US)     10 / 13       
ignore this post

"The Price of Healthy Gums is Constant Vigilance" - 2 1/2 Men

New AoE Fansite.
Envisage Gaming | Total AoE III Coverage.

[This message has been edited by Chris_666 (edited 08-25-2005 @ 03:11 AM).]

simontyler9
Skirmisher
posted 08-25-05 03:18 AM EDT (US)     11 / 13       
So you choose what cards are in what deck and then during the game you go to your HC once you have a shipment and execute (sp?) it to preform a speacial ability? e.g. I get a shipment and I choose the 'Native's have more HP' and then once the shipment is done my natives have more HP???????????????

My Heroes:
Kirk Hammet
Andrew Stockdale
Dave Grohl
Jimmy Page
SuperTr00pers
VIP
posted 08-25-05 05:17 PM EDT (US)     12 / 13       

You can have 20 cards in a deck. You can have the same cards in multiple decks. For example I have fort and the wagon in all of my decks.

You can have multiple decks. I think I have 10 decks right now. A water econ deck, land econ deck, 3rd age boom deck, ect. ect. ect.

You unlock the cards from experience you earn by building, fighting, and winning.

It seems like a like foreign experience at first but after 2 or 3 games you get the hang of the homecity. Then once you get about 10 cards unlocked you will probably have 2 or 3 decks to help some of your strategies. Then you stay up late at night wondering which card you should unlock next and how to build a better deck

[D4KU]

Alexandergreat3
Skirmisher
posted 08-25-05 05:38 PM EDT (US)     13 / 13       
This is from ES_Sandyman's explanation of the HC card model. Maybe these sketches will help with the visualization:

Quoted from ES_Sandyman:

You have a level 30 HC. I have a level 5 HC. Both of us have built a deck of 20 cards.

Quote:

My deck includes the starting 15 "free" cards, plus has the extra 5 cards I've unlocked.

15 basic + 5 unlocked cards ===>

Quote:

You, on the other hand, have built a deck (probably more than one) out of the starting 15 "free" cards, plus 30 others.

Quote:

So you may have built a "Boat Boom" deck or an "In The Pocket" deck or a "Sandykiller" deck. Then when the game starts, you pick which of your decks you want.

15 basic + 30 unlocked cards ===>

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames