You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » ES interview...game sounds great.....but....
Bottom
Topic Subject:ES interview...game sounds great.....but....
Scholar
Skirmisher
posted 08-25-05 02:57 PM EDT (US)         
I wish there were another 50 pages of questions and answers....the game is sounding fantastic....but

...the only thing that I was disappointed to read was that forests will now be passable. In my map designs I used forests strategically to prevent too many computer guys from
having access to early...yet because the trees were temporal obstructions you knew at some point that they would cut their way into the game and that all hell would break loose....passable forsets is my only concern....it would have been nice to have a "dense forset" option in the terrain editor so one could use UNpasssable forsets in their map building if they wished. Would have been a nice option for those who make maps.

AuthorReplies:
Alexandergreat3
Skirmisher
posted 08-25-05 03:02 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
The Editor has these objects called "Invisible walls", so you can use them to prevent movement, no problema .
StonewallJ
Seraph Emeritus
(id: Conquistador34)
posted 08-25-05 03:05 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10       

Quote:

the only thing that I was disappointed to read was that forests will now be passable

You can also add the nice cliffs they've got there for a subsitute.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][] Stonewall J [][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

[This message has been edited by Stonewall J 1863 (edited 08-25-2005 @ 03:05 PM).]

Red Storm
Skirmisher
posted 08-25-05 03:10 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
Just because there are passable forests doesn't mean that there aren't impassable forests. I expect that there will be both types to use in the editor.
shilly
Skirmisher
posted 08-25-05 03:12 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10       

Quote:

The Editor has these objects called "Invisible walls", so you can use them to prevent movement, no problema.

Yes and once the forest is choped away there'll be an nvisibal wall and canonballs will just bounce back richt at their own troops, LOL [J/K]

I never used forests as barriers though, atleast ALMOST never. I always liked having the idea of standing higher than my enemy, so in all of my maps the opponent is - in the end - 3 cliff levels lower then me

Alexandergreat3
Skirmisher
posted 08-25-05 03:31 PM EDT (US)     5 / 10       

Quote:

Yes and once the forest is choped away there'll be an nvisibal wall and canonballs will just bounce back richt at their own troops, LOL

Now that would look really cool! HAha .

Envy
Skirmisher
posted 08-25-05 03:49 PM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
hmm..and its pretty hard to rush in this game anyway, i heard some of the country are impossible to rush since they got all these good bonuses at the beginning.
Scholar
Skirmisher
posted 08-26-05 03:01 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
I hope there is an unpassable forest option in the editor. Cliffs are permanent..the beauty of trees is that they are temporal...in my maps in Conquerors the trees played a very important role...if there isn't an impassible forest option for map makers then that will be a real letdown in my opinion.
Edd99
Skirmisher
posted 08-26-05 04:24 PM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
will you be able to wall through forests ? Otherwise it would be extremely bad for turtlers, as the enemy could just go through forests..
chiefpants_isbac
Banned
posted 08-26-05 05:09 PM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
lol yea walls in the woods would own
EliteNemesis
Skirmisher
posted 08-26-05 06:05 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
Maybe their are like super dense forests that are impassable while smaller ones that arent so dense are passable.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames