Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Homecity.something
Bottom
Topic Subject:Homecity.something
Zeeky_Bomb
Skirmisher
posted 08-25-05 08:20 PM EDT (US)         
Will homecities be saved in your AOE3 folder as *.something? It would be nice to be able to carry over your demo HC to your HC in the real game... of course this would bring up the problem of people putting their HC's up for download, but you could say in the CoC that your not allowed to post HC's or download them.

Now let's have a huge arguement!

AuthorReplies:
Elpea
Hal
(id: lp_usa)
posted 08-25-05 08:25 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
SP HCs are saved on your /saved games folder as .xml for now. Don't know if they'll change that anytime soon.

Nero_Gatson
Skirmisher
posted 08-25-05 09:00 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
This was something that I've been thinking about a great deal: cheating with home cities.

Imagine editing your home city file so that you achieve level 106 or whatever. I'm sure ES has taken precautions to prevent such tampering but I imagine a plethora of 3rd party tools will emerge to mod home cities.

You know how people cheat in Diablo 2 by modding their character files with Hex editors? Same idea.

-~=|\|340 GA1S0N=~-
Don't flame me because I use a better operating system AND web browser than you.
"TEH INTERNET IS BROKEN"
Visit my totally awesome website.
Gameranger: ###_xile_###. Battle.net: Ner0.
1 0 6

[This message has been edited by Nero_Gatson (edited 08-25-2005 @ 09:01 PM).]

sexypanda
Skirmisher
posted 08-25-05 09:05 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
Im sure ill create at least one random map scenario were i start at lvl 106. Gotta be fun to have that much options..

They could let us create a HC at any level, after finishing the campaing, as a prize . I wont play hundreds of solo games to test my strategy; better play against the AI on a locked ESO room (is that possible..?).

Elpea
Hal
(id: lp_usa)
posted 08-25-05 09:07 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
I don't think they're stopping you from editing your home city. You're deciding your own experience anyway.

As for MP, there is no way to edit them or cheat.

Shrink
on the trender train
posted 08-25-05 09:09 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       

Quote:

SP HCs are saved on your /saved games folder as .xml for now. Don't know if they'll change that anytime soon.

Wow, .xmls are mega-easy to edit... You could enable things (perhaps everything) and generally cheat. At least in SP.

I should think it would change from .xml though. It's like saving an RPG character as a .xml... Too easy to hack.

Zeeky_Bomb
Skirmisher
posted 08-25-05 09:30 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
Well, if it doesn't mess with MP that's fine with me :P
dupsky
Banned
posted 08-25-05 09:38 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
in sp make nukes who cares.
in mp stay away , for obvious reasons.
Doggiedoodle
Skirmisher
posted 08-25-05 09:44 PM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
I hope whatever they save it as is editable in notepad because I want to see what kind of cool stuff I can do at level 106 as soon as I get it so I have something to look forward to in the MP.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames