Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Cards and Decks
Bottom
Topic Subject:Cards and Decks
Realn
Skirmisher
posted 08-26-05 05:40 AM EDT (US)         
This is a pretty plain topic, but I was wondering if anyone could think of a better word(s) for the 'Cards' available throughout the game; 'Decks' too. Are there any creative thinking that had ES maybe looking for other words?

Also, if testers would like to comment about how it feels and whether it is just fine the way it is, do so. ^^

I just don't want to feel like I'm playing Pokemon or something, but maybe it works.

AuthorReplies:
Doggiedoodle
Skirmisher
posted 08-26-05 05:48 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
lol. Maybe shipments instead of cards(the two are practically interchangable already) and sets insead of decks. The card/deck terminology is reasonable but I think it does carry a bit too much of the card game connotation for many people.

[This message has been edited by Doggiedoodle (edited 08-26-2005 @ 05:48 AM).]

redchesus
Skirmisher
posted 08-26-05 05:51 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
Using shipment as a term confuses people because there is a difference between individual "in-game shipments" and "cards" which allow for those in-game shipments

For example, you can have multiple shipments of the same card (e.g. sending 3 shipments of '200 food card' would give you 600 food, etc)

dAmAtA_cHiP
Skirmisher
posted 08-26-05 06:41 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
ES said they were trying to think of alternative words to use but i guess they didnt come up with anything. sure..it does sound kinda lame for an RTS game to be talking about cards and decks, but theyre just words. my guess is after we start playing we wont be complaining
achilleas
Skirmisher
posted 08-26-05 07:18 AM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
am pretty fine with the words, am also a big fan of TCG games but i find them too expensive if u want to biuld a decent deck.

from rough calculations i have spent around $1000 on TCGs together with my brothers. :/

BoloBouncer
Skirmisher
posted 08-26-05 11:36 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
How about "shipments" and "stockpiles"

Vivir sin queso es morir - To live without cheese dip is to die
Spain will once again rule
Ryan's Blog

Age of Empires: The Musical Partake of my Ness Obsession Penny Arcade Does 'Age of Kings'

Innovan
Skirmisher
posted 08-26-05 11:57 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
I'm quite happy with cards and decks.

Makes sense that once you have a card you can keep tapping it for shipments of that type. It also makes sense that the Ottomans have a different deck of cards to choose from than the French do.

It also implies that they'll release new cards in the future :-), that cards and decks may be moddable, and there even could be alternate decks for the same civilization...

Plus the idea that there could be special tournament decks for competitions/frag fests could give this game a lot more legs.

Realn
Skirmisher
posted 08-26-05 02:36 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
I guess there really isn't anything. I looked in the thesaurus, but I couldn't find anything.

Quote:

ES said they were trying to think of alternative words to use but i guess they didnt come up with anything. sure..it does sound kinda lame for an RTS game to be talking about cards and decks, but theyre just words. my guess is after we start playing we wont be complaining

Totally agree ^^ PS: I'm not complaining, just wondering if there were any other thought of terms. :P

[This message has been edited by Realn (edited 08-26-2005 @ 02:36 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames