You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Polar Pwnge (Explorer vs. 3 Polar Bears)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Polar Pwnge (Explorer vs. 3 Polar Bears)
RiderOfEternity
Skirmisher
posted 08-26-05 01:39 PM EDT (US)         
I was watching one of the new videos and was surprised that when the Explorer went to combat the polar bear it hardly got damaged at all. Then he procceeded to attack a group of 3 polar bears (!!) and I was shocked that he 'ownt/pwnt/raped' all 3 of em

Shouldn't polar bears have big attack/hp?

BTW, very nice models/textures, and animations infact!

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG

[This message has been edited by RiderOfEternity (edited 08-26-2005 @ 01:42 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
SoggyFrog
Skirmisher
posted 08-26-05 01:44 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
I'm guessing he already had a treasure that improved his combat abilities, or a tech, or both. Usually three bears would pwn an explorer (keep in mind there's the sharpshooter ability that will knock one bear out)

This is where it's at
Flying Purple Hippos in AoE3!
We're your friends
Elpea
Hal
(id: lp_usa)
posted 08-26-05 03:10 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
He's a pretty leveled up explorer, mine gets pwned by 2

Magnum Pi
Skirmisher
posted 08-26-05 03:22 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
How do you level up explorers? Do you mean by upgrades?
RiderOfEternity
Skirmisher
posted 08-26-05 04:42 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
Maybe it gets levelled when your HC levels

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
MalFunction
Skirmisher
posted 08-26-05 05:02 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
I really hope he is the fully upgraded type of the explorer. Any stronger than this would make him something like the hulk...

Those polar bears should rip him apart, especially when he attacked three of them. His snipe ability should - in my opinion - be able to kill one of the bears fairly easy, but still the other two should be enough to kick his ass.

I also noticed it took the cavalry many hits before the explorer finally fell down - being seriously injured at his knee :P (nice animation btw, but hopefully there are more, since this gets quite repetitive after a few times).
Does this tell us the explorer has high hp or the cav. attack is just weak against him?

There where everyone knows nothing, he that knows he knows nothing knows everything, you know?
Psycho_pigeon
Banned
posted 08-26-05 05:06 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
Why bother with an army, give me 100 explorers that will do the trick. That was ridiculas that the cav had to spend ages to kill him.
EliteNemesis
Skirmisher
posted 08-26-05 06:03 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
1. Explorer is your hero. The equivalent of something like Bellerophen or Polyphemus in AOM.

2.Furthermore, he is upgraded.

3. He is fighting the Russians. Im not sure about their cavalry but generally the Russians do not have high quality troops. If they are Cossacks, well they are the Russians .

4. You only get one explorer.

SoggyFrog
Skirmisher
posted 08-26-05 06:35 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
Explorers are pretty weak in combat, they're tough units but they don't dish out too much damage on their own.

This is where it's at
Flying Purple Hippos in AoE3!
We're your friends

[This message has been edited by SoggyFrog (edited 08-26-2005 @ 06:35 PM).]

ES_DeathShrimp
VIP
posted 08-26-05 06:50 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
An Explorer has trouble with one Polar Bear unless he uses his Sharpshooter ability. Polar Bears are huge!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames