You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » What's your gaming music?
Bottom
Topic Subject:What's your gaming music?
Scorpi
Skirmisher
posted 09-01-05 11:50 PM EDT (US)         
Now, not to offend the wonderful composers and what-not or anything, but no matter how good a game's score can be, if I really want to get into it, I'll be blaring some songs alongside my cannonfire.

What songs will you listen to, if you listen to any?

I'm thinking a little bit of London Calling, for the context et all. Apart from that, some Stan Rogers songs(good ol' 18th century folk-rock!), like 'Barrett's Privateers' or 'Northwest Passage'

He died peacefully, because there is no sound in a total vacuum. As for the other hamsters...
AuthorReplies:
eskouster
Skirmisher
posted 09-01-05 11:51 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
I'm the opposite. Not only do I keep game music loud when I'm playing, I like to listen to it when I'm not. AoE music is still amazing.
dabomb
Skirmisher
posted 09-01-05 11:54 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
I listen to some hard rock/industrial tunes like rammstein - that always preps me up for battle!
Scorpi
Skirmisher
posted 09-01-05 11:55 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
Hm... I dunno. I could never really understand listening to gaming music when you're not actually playing the game... the music is so appropriate to the game, but the other life calls for something else. I like just about everything, though. I'm pretty eclectic. IN fact, mentioning The Clash and Stan Rogers in the same paragraph is some sort of punk/folk sin. It's the only thing the two genres agree on. But I digress

He died peacefully, because there is no sound in a total vacuum. As for the other hamsters...
Nero_Gatson
Skirmisher
posted 09-02-05 00:01 AM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
Ravi Shankar for RTS gaming. Its relaxing but keeps you alert at the same time. And god, he plays the sitar with mad 1337 skillz.

-~=|\|340 GA1S0N=~-
Don't flame me because I use a better operating system AND web browser than you.
"TEH INTERNET IS BROKEN"
Visit my totally awesome website.
Gameranger: ###_xile_###. Battle.net: Ner0.
1 0 6
Scorpi
Skirmisher
posted 09-08-05 00:35 AM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
Ravi Shankar, eh? Now that's pretty interesting

Lysimachus
Skirmisher
posted 09-08-05 00:41 AM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
Heh, I still remember playing the original AoE1 game CD in my car cd-player. That game got a music award back in those days, and it's still my favorite game music to this day. Thanks to the Rippy brothers.

~Lysimachus - Former HG Angel for Rise & Fall Heaven || Was RaFH Game Info Admin || Proud Member of HG since 1998
TheGoodEvil
Skirmisher
posted 09-08-05 00:56 AM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
Slipknot: Duality, Wait and Bleed
Mudvayne: Happy, Home
Static X: I'm the one, Wisconsin death trip
Red Alert soundtrack: Hellmarch
Marilyn Manson: Beautiful People, Tainted love, Dope Show
Tool: Sober
Disturbed: just about every damn song they made...

various other songs that make me want to fight harder and faster

TGE

TGE's RTS Blog, news, thoughts, and advice on RTS gaming

Able Company (my job)

"I've kicked more ass on accident than most people have on purpose"

[This message has been edited by TheGoodEvil (edited 09-08-2005 @ 00:59 AM).]

Musket Man
Skirmisher
posted 09-08-05 01:01 AM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
^ All those songs sound very 'Evil' besides happy, home but I'm guessing that one is probably evil too.

Musket Man: Inefficiently fighting crime with a musket since 1565!

(\**/)<-Crown your bunny!
(O.o )
(> < )
Mazarin_LOL
Skirmisher
posted 09-08-05 01:06 AM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
I heartily agree with Disturbed! As well as lot of Static X and anything that's very hard rock and loud sounding

Mazarin Ashinar
The Legion of Light
pyro786
Skirmisher
posted 09-08-05 01:38 AM EDT (US)     10 / 10       

Quote:

I listen to some hard rock/industrial tunes like rammstein - that always preps me up for battle!

amen to that.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames