You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Demo bug?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Demo bug?
Dagobert
Skirmisher
posted 09-07-05 08:33 PM EDT (US)         
Downloaded and started playing.

Played the first scenario. Cool... was totally lost, but got an easy win anyway against easy AI.

Then played a skirmish against the AI, still on easy to learn things. Cool and easy win again. But a BUG. I trained iroquois warriors. Mantlets were OK, but warriors would not train. The money was spent, they would queue and produce but once done they would appear nowhere. So, I spent res for 24 out of 24 warriors and none appeared.

OK... I'll play back, against medium AI this time, on my way to hard. I will once again play on new-England map and try to train warriors.

Anybody else has this bug?

Note : In the scenario, I trained commanche horse archers without problems. They would even appear 4 at a time.

AuthorReplies:
aka99
Skirmisher
posted 09-07-05 08:37 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
I had this problem too... It severly weakened my military.. LOL...
Elpea
Hal
(id: lp_usa)
posted 09-07-05 08:37 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
I think the model is missing while the unit data is still there. While you "have" the unit, the unit art is missing so you can't see it (nor select it for the matter).

Ceres629
Skirmisher
posted 09-07-05 09:00 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
I resuced a native with my explorer, but then the native was nowhere to be found wtf?

Has this happened to anyone else?

Dagobert
Skirmisher
posted 09-07-05 09:18 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
In fact you see a shadow or a ghost getting out of the outpost when the unit is created. But there is no way you could use it.

Maybe the shadow has the unit regular stats and will defend the outpost if it is attacked? But, the stupid AI don't attack the indian outpost, even when I left them undefended.

Well, I have to check if the same happen on the Texas map.

Also hope they fix this before release. Only two maps and indians are half useless on one of them.

Byzantine2793
Skirmisher
posted 09-07-05 09:38 PM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
this is a demo dont expect it to be perfect make this into a waring dotn train so and so units
simontyler9
Skirmisher
posted 09-07-05 09:56 PM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
Yes hapened to me

My Heroes:
Kirk Hammet
Andrew Stockdale
Dave Grohl
Jimmy Page
The_Vger
Skirmisher
posted 09-07-05 10:04 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
heehee, Yeah I did that in stage 5, and got mantlets for every 2 minutes of gameplay or something, TONS came out, and it DID turn the balance of the game as talked about, but no warriors!
lordrel
Skirmisher
posted 09-07-05 10:12 PM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
Same thing happened to me.
Change to high poly models and the tomahawks will miraculously appear.
Had a similar problem with the priest being sideways unless I turned hig poly models on.
aka99
Skirmisher
posted 09-07-05 10:32 PM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
The most I have been able to go is Age 4.. Either I give up by then cause my hands start hurting or I win... But i did get to see the Iron Horse (train)... It was so beautiful
Dagobert
Skirmisher
posted 09-07-05 10:51 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
Yup

Modifying the graphic settings made three things for me :

1. I have my pop bar back

2. I have the info about the number of vils per res back.

3. I have iroquois warriors. Cool with firearms (they traded a lot with white settlers).

I think I just put back the default settings, but this may vary from comp to comp.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames