You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » What's on the demo?
Bottom
Topic Subject:What's on the demo?
Philbo1
Skirmisher
posted 09-07-05 08:51 PM EDT (US)         
Boy, there are a lot of question's regharding the demo's technical info. But NO ONE has said yet what is on it. please only post in this thread if you have information on the demo and about what's on it. PLEASE PEOPLE, REACH OUT TO US SLOW INTERNET CONNECTIONS!!!

The RoL forum colors make me sooo hungry.
-Unit Costs for 5-Philbo1-Explorer Micro-
B_E looks like a demented evil smiley.-Botolf

Stonewall Pwns
AuthorReplies:
ajenterp
Skirmisher
posted 09-07-05 08:54 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
You can play as the spanish or the british. There's a little mini campaign that starts off as Act III with a woman by the name of black. It's really different comaped to AOE II and I suck at this game right now lol. You have to get used to it but the game play is amazing. Well I have a high end machine and everything is maxed out but the detail and pyhsics is really fun. It's definately worth the wait. Start downloading

There is also skirmish mode.

[This message has been edited by ajenterp (edited 09-07-2005 @ 08:54 PM).]

Philbo1
Skirmisher
posted 09-07-05 08:58 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
What about Ages?

Stonewall Pwns
TribalChieftain
Skirmisher
posted 09-07-05 09:11 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
You can play two missions in ACT III, each with a seperate cutscene. The first one you must build 3 tradeposts with Railroad Workers along the road. Capturing all native villages gives you extra XP, as it is a secondary objective.

In the campaign, you play as Americans, but based on British bonuses and stuff. The deck and card stuff with home city is pretty basic, and very useful. It is pretty easy to gain XP, so you'll have extra cards to spare unless you go all out spending. You can send infinite crates of wood, food and coin which idle villies around will gather. These spawn at your TC, as well as all other units and items that you get from Home City.

The second mission begins with a Mexican suprise attack on an American fort, and you must defend the fort and hold out until reinforcements arrive. When the reinforcements arrive, you must destroy all 3 Mexican town centers.

In skirmish mode there are 2 players, and you can choose whether to be Spanish or British when you create your home city. The personalities that the British AI get is Queen Elizabeth, and the spanish get Queen Isabella. They don't really have an effect on game in the demo, but probably more in retail. The Difficulties are Sandbox, Easy, Moderate (I Think) Hard and Very Hard. I tried Sandbox and it was pretty easy.

You get to name your explorer when you create your home city. The explorer gets a war dog thats named (you can't pick the name) and its useful for exploring stuff, but has a pretty low LOS. When explorers die, they're like AOM Heroes, they stay there until a friendly troop comes by. They also regain HP while on the ground.

If I figure any more out tommorow, I'll post back if you're not done downloading =P

P.S. You get to play in all ages, from Nomad to Post-Imperial. Nomad isn't an age, you just start out with your explorer, his dog, and a covered wagon and no resources. You must find a spot for your TC, and your Home city sends you a few villies and some food and wood to start you off.

[This message has been edited by TribalChieftain (edited 09-07-2005 @ 09:12 PM).]

ajenterp
Skirmisher
posted 09-07-05 09:11 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
Hello again. Ummm if I remember right it's the first four? Because they took the top age out I think. I can't remember, i was looking at so many different things. I believe you get the first four yea. I keep watching the villagers work and the water and the animals. Oh yea there is blood too, when you hunt dear they squirt blood when you hunt them. Quite neat.

Keep asking - I keep answering.

Philbo1
Skirmisher
posted 09-07-05 09:14 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
what about maps?

Stonewall Pwns
Byzantine2793
Skirmisher
posted 09-07-05 09:39 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
all ages (and at the moment it only 57% yet i still know)dont know anythign else
ajenterp
Skirmisher
posted 09-07-05 09:54 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
Maps are random in skirmish mode. Set maps in the mini campaign. Maps are round. Maps are good.
Elpea
Hal
(id: lp_usa)
posted 09-07-05 09:55 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
2 Maps, New England (forest map) and Texas (really open map).

Philbo1
Skirmisher
posted 09-07-05 11:17 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
Thnks LP, and the rest of u guy's. *group hug and everyone cries and drink's champagne*

Stonewall Pwns
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames