Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Demo AI
Bottom
Topic Subject:Demo AI
Doggiedoodle
Skirmisher
posted 09-08-05 00:11 AM EDT (US)         
What do you guys think of it so far? I've played against the hard difficulty but not expert and the main thing I noticed was the computer outresourced me but lost anyway because it wasn't making enough units.

EDIT: And because I had 40 mantlets.

[This message has been edited by Doggiedoodle (edited 09-08-2005 @ 00:11 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
eskouster
Skirmisher
posted 09-08-05 00:37 AM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
Well, it's noticeably better than the AoM 'Hard', but after surviving the first few rushes, it was pretty easy to beat back with 45 musketeers and a couple of falconets. It seems pretty effective and finding my villies though, and at capturing treasures.
xDeSx
Skirmisher
posted 09-08-05 00:39 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
Can you save your skirmish games ?
TheGoodEvil
Skirmisher
posted 09-08-05 00:40 AM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
My one tiny flaw is I ws never fond of artillery, in any game.

So in AoE3 it will probably be my major downfall

but the AI isn't nearly as good as the napoleon AI from the preview

TGE

TGE's RTS Blog, news, thoughts, and advice on RTS gaming

Able Company (my job)

"I've kicked more ass on accident than most people have on purpose"

Ceres629
Skirmisher
posted 09-08-05 00:42 AM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
AI seems pretty weak if you ask me. I'm going to play it on expert next, but safe to say the AI is getting owned very hard by me.
ES_PieThief
VIP
posted 09-08-05 00:47 AM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
The "final" AI is much better than in the preview build or demo IMO. It's tough!

I just stole all your pies!
Mazarin_LOL
Skirmisher
posted 09-08-05 01:15 AM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
Ceres: the jump from hard to expert is huuuuuuuuuuuge :P I can beat hard no problem, but expert, I can't even break even They immediately jump ahead of you and stay that way I suppose once I figure out the whole system of everything, I'll be able to at least stand up against them a bit...but geeeeeeeeeeez do they make a lot of units very fast.....I don't know that "very hard" on AoC was this difficult o.o

Mazarin Ashinar
The Legion of Light
Vindicator983
Skirmisher
posted 09-08-05 01:16 AM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
I hope the AI is better in the final build. It sounds like people who have played 2-3 games without an instruction manual are beating some of the hardest difficulty levels.

Granted that most of these people have played Age games in the past and they are used to RTS games. But still.

saapad
Skirmisher
posted 09-08-05 01:34 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
I'm bungling my starts trying different strats (i.e. go full wood and build english manors for villies, get trading posts up quick for shipments), and I can still consistently beat the AI. There's some good early raiding from the AI but soon as you get yourself a barracks and start pumping out units it really doesn't present a challenge.

I'm able to get all 4 trading posts on New England on a consistent basis (hard), the AI putting up little meaningful resistance. With 4 trading posts, I can close my eyes as far as economy is concerned and still easily conquer the AI.

Tomorrow I'll try expert mode. Hopefully it'll be better.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames