You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Games change, Deal with it.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Games change, Deal with it.
captainstrombosi
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 05:32 AM EDT (US)         
Im sorry but this is incredibly sad. Just about every thread has someone whining about it not being JUST LIKE AoK. Ok...Then go play AoK and stop posting.

Games change. They have to change to stay competitive. I hate to tell the hardcore AoE fans but this game was made to compete with games like Dawn of War and the Battle for middle earth and so on. The face of RTS is changing greatly. Many games are forgoing any harvester units and going for all out massive amazingly dynamic, detailed, and fast battles.

For the AoE franchise to stay competitive in any monotary form it NEEDS to pull in these gamers. Giving them a little bit of what they want while trying to stay true to AoE (it has done a good job, regardless of what you belive). The developers work for a living. And that work requires them to try and get as many buyers as possible. Hardcore fans are nice, But never numerous enough to support an expensive project like this. They have to pick up the casual gamer who thought games like AoK were boring as watching hair turn grey. Either enjoy AoE3 or just go back to AoK. ITS ALREADY THERE. Why want another game just like it?

AuthorReplies:
simontyler9
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 05:35 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
(Applauds (sp?) this man and laughs at those people who don't like AoE3 and spit in their faces an run-off home )

My Heroes:
Kirk Hammet
Andrew Stockdale
Dave Grohl
Jimmy Page
Mazarin_LOL
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 05:43 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
*ahem* I think the last line in your sig needs updating, simon :P

And yeah...I don't quite understand how/why people are wanting a game *just like AoC*, when they already have a game like that....it's called...*drum roll* AoC!! If you love AoC that much, then why not stick with it? Why even bother trying to make a new game if it's gunna be just like the last game? It's called a "new" game for a reason...It's new..it's not the same as the previous version(s). Many of the basics remain the same, but you've gotta throw something new in there and change some of the content around so you have a new game. Not many people will buy a game if it is exactly the same as the previous version...Sure maybe some of the hard core fans would, but that's not where the majority of the purchases come from. It's from the casual gamer, who will probably become bored with the game in a few months/year/whatever. They'd have no reason to buy this "new" game if it's exactly the same as the old game that they got bored of!

I think ES has done a great job putting this game together so far, and all I have to base that on is the demo, which has been greatly improved on in the final version since the Age3 Demo release! I'm looking forward to October so I can get the final copy

Mazarin Ashinar
The Legion of Light
captainstrombosi
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 06:07 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
Amen, I can't wait to get my hands on AoE3.
White_IrishKing
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 06:19 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
Well i dont think its different enough from AOC to have any bad things about it. Im just SOOOOO GLAD they didnt mess the game up like they did with AOM. AOM had pop and hp problems that well sucked. I love AOE3 already!
El Moppo
Skirmisher
(id: C J)
posted 09-10-05 12:52 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
I can't dowload it, it's AOL's fault. Even so, I know it is a great game.

It makes no difference if it is "balanced" or not.

][- ][_ . ][\/][ (()) ][) ][) (())
Angelcynn > Niwe Middangeard ~ Ic
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames