You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » why on earth? (score tally oddity)
Bottom
Topic Subject:why on earth? (score tally oddity)
evirustheslaye
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 12:43 PM EDT (US)         
why on earth would a player get the same experance bonus for having the least amount of resources as a player having the most amount of resources at the end game tally?

there should be a striking difference between the xp gained for good stuff and bad stuff.... heres what i see in the tally that gives you a xp bonus but realy should be less then it is...

least resources
most units lost

thats it

just figured id get your attention on those two bonus's

AuthorReplies:
Dio_the_lonely
Banned
posted 09-10-05 12:46 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Yes, I was wondering why they were worth the same amount as most rec and most kills, it really doesn't make much sense.
Ceres629
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 01:21 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
I thought that was pretty dumb as well. I just assumed it was an oversight, I doubt something like that will be in the full version.
Farzin
Banned
posted 09-10-05 01:29 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
well it might be because u won and used the least resources which is more of an accomplishment then winning and using the most ????
lief ericson
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 01:31 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
I think it's one of those things were you get a ribbon for trying.

SEXITUP.
Former Leader of the FPH Clan
Acting-President of AoMH
ES_Bigdog
VIP
posted 09-10-05 01:36 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
It's the booby prize. It's there so folks who are losing have a smidge more incentive to finish, etc. The plan is to leave it (and the prize for most losses) in the final.

dave

yop
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 01:56 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
"Most units lost" is good... as the losing guy is doing all he can to come back in the game by producing many units.

But "least ressources obtained" is not good in my opinion, as someone losing in a team game might resign early or just not try hard enough to repopulate villies that have been killed to get those 500 xp. I am sure that if that player tries hard enough, he would make more than 500 xp from the point he decides there is no hope of winning, but still, I find that this is a bad way of rewarding players when you compared it to "Most units lost".

"Most building destroyed" would be also better than "least ressources obtained" or "least techs developped".

evirustheslaye
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 03:42 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
i think the booby prize should be lower..... and if they get those prizes while winning the game then it should have a big return
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames