You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Garrisoning units?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Garrisoning units?
Sifka4
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 01:04 PM EDT (US)         
Hey...sorry if this has been asked before but why cant i garrison units in outposts/fortresses? ive tried right clicking and using the garrison button and my units just stand around the building. was this taken out of the demo or something? thanks guys
AuthorReplies:
Farzin
Banned
posted 09-10-05 01:24 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
yeah i was wondering th e same..
Sifka4
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 01:28 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
also...where are the gates? please tell me there in there somewhere or were just taken out of the demo...lol i built all these walls but now im stuck inside
yop
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 01:42 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Speaking of garrisoning units, the number of units inside a TC doesn't influence the attack power of the said TC. Why change what was going great in AOC? In the explorer pass by your TC, no need to put more than 1 unit in the TC to fire at him...

I loved how AOC worked regarding how skilled players could kill/save their scout during exploration compared to less skilled players. Now that scout can be bought back, it would have been even better with AoC system. You loose your scout because of the opponent micro skill (garrison in time with multiple villies), you have a ressource penalty (buy scout back) and are not stuck in the dark until you make some military to explore.

I must admit that I didn't play the demo enough to notice if villager firepower (as they are now ranged) is sufficient to kill a scout in a decent time. So maybe it's still feasable to kill a scout if a few seconds if he comes to close too 15 of your villies. Btw, what is the accuracy of fireshots? To they always hit a running target (like a explorer passing by)?

[This message has been edited by yop (edited 09-10-2005 @ 01:44 PM).]

TOAO_Imperial_5
Skirmisher
(id: DDRMAX2)
posted 09-10-05 01:44 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Im not sure...but I think the only units that can garrison are settlers =/

to build a gate, click a wall section, then click "build gate"

==============
| Imperial_5 |
==============
| Proud Member of TOAO Clan |
| Find me on AoE2HD: TOAO_Fano |
Sifka4
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 02:10 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
thanks
lytyrstorm
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 02:41 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Why do other units have a garrison button then? Boats, I presume?

Looking forward to AoE3 - big population cap > AoM
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames