Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » My demo Rewiew
Bottom
Topic Subject:My demo Rewiew
Duke of jersey
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 01:12 PM EDT (US)         
when i first saw age of empires 3 i was amazed. One of the things that amazed me was the ragdoll physics. Then i saw that finally ships are bigger then people. The graphics are stunning. When i played the demo it was alright. i remmember reading that when on the age of empires3 rewiews lots of people said that its awsome to see your musketters making a formation and the front line kneeling down and that if you have 2 groups they flank the enemy. Well that got me bummed when in the demo they just scramble around like a free for all. Also the thing that i hated was that the ragdoll physics were cut out of the game. Why did they remove ragdolls can someone tell me this? Im still gonna buy age of empires 3 but i wont look upon it that great as i first saw it. Plus this is my first post so exuce me if someone already told why the ragdoll physics got cut out.
AuthorReplies:
lief ericson
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 01:37 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Your computer probably isn't that great, which means that ragdoll physics are automatically turned off. Screw around with some of the graphics options (I forgot the exact ones) and you should get the physics turned on.

SEXITUP.
Former Leader of the FPH Clan
Acting-President of AoMH
xinyaoqiu
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 01:46 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
I love aoe1 and aoe2. I already started to imaging how wonderful aoe3 gona be 2 years ago. however, when the actual game demon came out it makes me so disappinted.

personal i think aoe3 is the mixture of aom and empire earth.

harr
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 01:52 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       

Quote:

when i first saw age of empires 3 i was amazed. One of the things that amazed me was the ragdoll physics. Then i saw that finally ships are bigger then people. The graphics are stunning. When i played the demo it was alright. i remmember reading that when on the age of empires3 rewiews lots of people said that its awsome to see your musketters making a formation and the front line kneeling down and that if you have 2 groups they flank the enemy. Well that got me bummed when in the demo they just scramble around like a free for all. Also the thing that i hated was that the ragdoll physics were cut out of the game. Why did they remove ragdolls can someone tell me this? Im still gonna buy age of empires 3 but i wont look upon it that great as i first saw it. Plus this is my first post so exuce me if someone already told why the ragdoll physics got cut out.

The formations were taken out because playtesters didn't like them (have you tried rome total war if you want that style of gameplay? It's good, but different in style, very different). I believe the ragdoll is still in there, but zoomed out with low graphics settings you are unlikely to notice it.

Completely unrelated: is your username, talking about New Jersey or Jersey? It's not important (and I expect it's new jersey), but I get annoyed when I don't know which someone is talking about.

[This message has been edited by harr (edited 09-10-2005 @ 01:52 PM).]

Duke of jersey
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 03:42 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
lo9l my names talking bout new jersey. thats where i live right now. hmm well im have graphics turned on all the way mabe its the zoom gonna check it out. Thanks guys for replying by the way.

Umm i tihnk i got the ragdoll physics to work cause when ppl die i see hats fly a little bit and weapons fly a bit. But on the videos when a cannon killed them the weapons flew mad far and the body moved around when dead. In the demo the body stays as it was and the limbs dont move. Did they take that out or is it just the demo???

[This message has been edited by Duke of jersey (edited 09-10-2005 @ 04:36 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames