You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Typical Times Age in Demo
Bottom
Topic Subject:Typical Times Age in Demo
mudhutter1
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 01:35 PM EDT (US)         
I have had the demo for a couple of days. I just want to talk about how long it has been taking me to age upget some feedback.

In the first age I try to go all food, and get two houses down. I am able to age with 18 workers at around six or seven minutes.

When I get to next age I drop a market and barracks and make another 5 workers. It looks like it is taking me 13 to 15 minutes to get to the third age.

I use the market to sell off some resources for the gold to age and this seems to help reduce my times to age.

I am able to muster up an army at around 12 minutes or after I click to go to the third age.

It's hard to get the exact time because the reports only show the aging up in the timeline, no tables with exact times.

You think that there is any advantace to leveling up fast? How fast would you have to level to get an advantage? Is 6/13 or 7/14 good times to age to level 2 and 3?

AuthorReplies:
TOAO_Imperial_5
Skirmisher
(id: DDRMAX2)
posted 09-10-05 01:37 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
I can advance to colonial age with 21-22 pop at around 6 minutes...in position to do a LongBow-Musketeer rush with brits...

Hairic (aka Chino >.> ) has done a 16 pop 4 minute rush as spanish...or so I hear.

==============
| Imperial_5 |
==============
| Proud Member of TOAO Clan |
| Find me on AoE2HD: TOAO_Fano |
RoxUrWorld
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 01:51 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       

Quote:

When I get to next age I drop a market and barracks and make another 5 workers. It looks like it is taking me 13 to 15 minutes to get to the third age.

I always drop a market 15 seconds into the game when my starting villagers are done collecting the resources by the TC. Hunting animals is the fastest way to get food and the hunting dogs research is a must in the 1st age to ensure a speedy ageup.

Quote:

You think that there is any advantace to leveling up fast? How fast would you have to level to get an advantage? Is 6/13 or 7/14 good times to age to level 2 and 3?

It depends. Leveling up faster enables you to rush your opponent and catch him unprepared, but ur economy will be kinda weak. When playing as the Brits, I usually hit colonial age at around 6/6.5 mins. Rather late, but i boom straight to the 3rd age though. It doesn't really hurt if you take a long time to hit the 3rd age because there might be lots of fighting in the 2nd Age.

harr
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 01:56 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
Booming with british or spanish (for a heavy inf/light ranged inf combo) I tend to get up at about 6 minutes. I tried a pikeman rush with spanish once (it beat the hard computer, but not convincingly) and I reached colonial at almost exactly 4 minutes.
Bronhy
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 02:11 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
Till now i just played brits and vs hard comp you can proced to age 3 wiht literly no army...towers do just fine but vs expert you just cant age to 3ed without making army.

So atm im up to 2 age at around 3ed min with 16 pop then in 2 age i start making army for the defence and afcorse you dont stop producing vils then it all depends on computer..but normaly 3ed age like 8 min later and then after geting army upgrades for 3ed age you go 4th age and kill him in that age.

I got to final age after he was dead..expert comp aint even so hard to win you just need to get in tuch with the economy balance.

mudhutter1
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 02:21 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       

Quote:

I always drop a market 15 seconds into the game when my starting villagers are done collecting the resources by the TC. Hunting animals is the fastest way to get food and the hunting dogs research is a must in the 1st age to ensure a speedy ageup.

Is this really making a difference. Is the wood chopping upgrade going to be worth it in the first age as well?

Bronhy
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 02:23 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
i do this while aging up to 2 age
LiquidRed
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 03:04 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       

Quote:

Is this really making a difference. Is the wood chopping upgrade going to be worth it in the first age as well?

I usually get hunting dogs asap, and when im advancing I'm getting the wood and coin eco upgrade... (Unless ur rushing)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames