You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » I don't understand why people are saying the armys are small...
Bottom
Topic Subject:I don't understand why people are saying the armys are small...
RiderOfEternity
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 02:44 PM EDT (US)         
I'm hearing a lot of people say that the pop limit is small and so army numbers are not so big.

...Well I really don't understand why people think that. Yesterday I had an army where I could click and drag as much as I could, 3 times over. And I hadn't even reached 150 pop yet. Most soldiers take only 1 pop slot, ships don't take any, and natives don't take any. Quite frankly, if you reached the 200 pop limit you could still build maybe 50 more men (natives, ships).

In fact if you have huge armies it becomes a lot harder to control. Not everyone can be bothered to micromanage a load of troops.

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
AuthorReplies:
LiquidRed
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 02:49 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Only n00bs have problems with the pop limit because they choose the easy AI and then mass an entire army at around 1:54 hours and then attack...
Byzantine2793
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 02:57 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
well i choos the hard ai then i just build an impentrable defense and gatehr reasoces at age four i build a frigate and a monitor and go towards the eney shore, kill the carval and then bash their shire into bits then i carge in an amry of about 30m men and bash everythying left to dust it istn that ahrd once they can break you they jsut send wave after useless wave

basicly it doesnt take that much to win the game a good dfence, 2 ships and an army of around 30

[This message has been edited by Byzantine2793 (edited 09-10-2005 @ 02:58 PM).]

KoR_Wormwood
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 03:01 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
i've been able to kill the hard ai under 13 minutes now with spaniards. this is at about 50-70 pop usually comprised of a lot of infantry units from shipments/indians and a later barracks build.
XxEmperorxX
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 03:02 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
When I was young, playing the originals of AoE, I would mass guys until i got my pop limit then attack. Obviously now im a lot smarter and know how to play more effectivly. I hardly ever reach the pop limit and I still have massive armies when I attack. 5 units from this building, 5 from here, 5 more from this one, 5 here, 5 there. It comes out to a large force quickly so I could easily keep up heavy assults at a constant pace. I think I reached my pop limit one game, and I reached it twice in that game. Only reason was because I played on very hard and was getting creamed as it was my second time playing, and I turtle boomed while slowly building an army inside my base that was protected by my other soldiers and defences. I reached my pop limit only when I reached the imperial age after a nice boom, and re-ordered all unit shipments. By that time I had pushed them back, out of my base, into thier base where I held an assult for about 5 mins before breaking through and then massacuring them.

My funnest game yet. And it was sweeeettttttt.

Its not over until I beat you sensless with my WTF stick.
The internet - where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.
V:Would you... dance with me?
Evey Hammond: Now? On the eve of your revolution?
V: A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having!
bahari
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 03:05 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
The Biggest army I have ever had would probably be around..120 maybee.
Anonamis
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 03:06 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Its really easy to get huge armies.....5 from here, five from here, five from here, couple cannons, couple ships, play a few cards, and BAM! ready to attack 25 minutes into the game. Actually, I found it a little easy, though I havent tried expert yet.

I'm not as dumb as you look
IsidoroBr
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-05 03:21 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
i allways play vs expert ai, in n england i use the island strategy where i build a base at the island andd use galeons to send troops, it takes time but its unbeatable, even if the ai got ships, with early navy i can prevent dock building, it takes a lot of time to win but i get MASSIVE Armies of dragoons cuz spanish pc allways mass lancers at expert
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames