You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.14 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Oohhh! I see a possible WW1/WW2 Mod!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Oohhh! I see a possible WW1/WW2 Mod!
Cy Marlayne
Skirmisher
posted 09-12-05 06:49 PM EDT (US)         
Hopefully in the editor or in a data file somewhere the rate of fire of units can be changed. I could see the following ages and units changing for the mod:

Discovery Age --> Industrial Age
Starting from this game's Industrial Age.

Colonial Age --> Victorian Age
Economy and technological advancements occur during this age.

Fortress Age --> Modern Age
Military begins to modernize weaponry. (The WW1 Age, where horses might still be used in battle.)

Industrial Age --> Imperial Age
Nations begin to grow vast enough to conquer others. (The WW2 Age, where horses can no longer be used in combat--horse unit icons turn red/unavailble and new automobile unit icons appear or replace the horse unit ones.)

Imperial Age --> Atomic Age
The atomic bomb can be researched in this era (like the titan of AOM, can be used to demolish an entire city). Getting here would obviously be costly and atomic bombs could only be used once per game...

Musketeer --> Rifleman --> Repeater Rifleman
The game starts with musketeers in the industrial age, but can upgrade to riflemen during that same age. Riflemen will eventually become "Repeater Riflemen" during the Modern Age. Each Rifleman upgrade will add a slightly higher rate of fire to the Musketeer/Rifleman class.

Skirmisher --> Ranger --> Sniper
The game starts with Skirmishers in the industrial age, who have long range rifles. They can be upgraded to rangers in the Modern Age, giving Skirmishers an increased range and attack, but decreased rate of fire. Then they can be upgraded to snipers, the longest ranged infantry in the game, who, like the rangers, will gain increased range and attack, but decreased rate of fire.

Dragoon --> Repeater Cavalry --> Jeep/Kublewagon
Automobile upgrades come during the Imperial Age.

Gatling Gunner --> Machine Gunner --> Heavy Machine Gunner
This could replace one of the artillery units or other ranged units. The Gatling/Machine gunners fire walls of bullets--best for taking out infantry groups.

Anti-Infantry Cannon --> Tank
The Anti-Infantry Cannon of the Industrial Age can be upgraded to tanks for the Modern and Imperial Ages.

Culverin --> AT Gun
Anti-Cannon Cannons become Anti-Tank Cannons.

Heavy Cannon/Mortar --> Heavy Artillery
The Anti-Build batteries.

There would also have to be a unit that becomes the SMG troopers or light machine gun troopers.

Ships and airplanes might also be considered, but I don't see airplanes happening for a mod in this game.

Anyway, these are just some ideas for a mod.

AuthorReplies:
Psycho_Mani4c
Skirmisher
posted 09-12-05 07:07 PM EDT (US)     1 / 14       
Ever heard of Command and Conquer ?

AOE3 @ SM4RTASS

Dominating with: The French
HC: Le Moule
Explorer: Ze Chauvenist

Philbo1
Skirmisher
posted 09-12-05 07:23 PM EDT (US)     2 / 14       
OR AS A BETTER IDEA you could go spend 40 bucks on RON

The RoL forum colors make me sooo hungry.
-Unit Costs for 5-Philbo1-Explorer Micro-
B_E looks like a demented evil smiley.-Botolf

Stonewall Pwns
BerSerKer104
Skirmisher
posted 09-12-05 07:32 PM EDT (US)     3 / 14       
Hey guys, dont diss it, its a good idea. I think you should wait for the full version to come out before you start asking for people to join the team, but good luck with it. I would love to see someone do this.
Cy Marlayne
Skirmisher
posted 09-12-05 09:30 PM EDT (US)     4 / 14       
Wow, you guys are brutal.

I wasn't bringing this up to conjure a team. I'm just presenting the idea.

Elpea
Hal
(id: lp_usa)
posted 09-12-05 09:48 PM EDT (US)     5 / 14       
Seems like a cool mod idea, perhaps someone will do it in the future .

Mokon
Skirmisher
posted 09-12-05 09:53 PM EDT (US)     6 / 14       
yeah seems cool

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • ElGuybrush
    Skirmisher
    posted 09-13-05 00:51 AM EDT (US)     7 / 14       
    Considering the physics, the smoke effects, etc.. I can really see a "No Man's Land" type of fighting.
    Mogget
    Skirmisher
    posted 09-13-05 02:38 AM EDT (US)     8 / 14       
    WW2 mods often turn out to be very popular.

Great to see it happen - a good demonstration of what modders are capable of.

"Sabriel watched, her trained eye noting that Mogget's shadow was not always that of a cat" Sabriel book one in the Old Kingdom Trilogy by Garth Nix

WartyX
    Skirmisher
    posted 09-13-05 07:44 AM EDT (US)     9 / 14       
    Settler = Engineer

Church = Hospital

Priest = Surgeon

Surgeon = Medic

Field Hospital = Field Hospital

Mortar = Mortar

I think there will be a number of World War mods by the time this game has passed it's prime...

Sloth_Boy
    Skirmisher
    posted 09-13-05 08:56 AM EDT (US)     10 / 14       
    i could make a basic mode that allows gunmen to go rapid fire (like musketeers)
    DawnofChaos
    Skirmisher
    posted 09-13-05 09:49 AM EDT (US)     11 / 14       
    Tot he two replies stfu i like it

Dude thats a gtreat idea its really just ron or c&c but its sounds cool yourve through up realstic upgrades and it sounds great

achilleas
    Skirmisher
    posted 09-13-05 09:58 AM EDT (US)     12 / 14       
    yep, maybe some guys who know a lot about 3D moddeling and plentyful of free time can do it.

I ll definitetely play it.

SteveFIS
    Skirmisher
    posted 09-13-05 10:36 AM EDT (US)     13 / 14       

Quote:

Discovery Age --> Industrial Age
    Starting from this game's Industrial Age.

Colonial Age --> Victorian Age
    Economy and technological advancements occur during this age.

Fortress Age --> Modern Age
    Military begins to modernize weaponry. (The WW1 Age, where horses might still be used in battle.)

Industrial Age --> Imperial Age
    Nations begin to grow vast enough to conquer others. (The WW2 Age, where horses can no longer be used in combat--horse unit icons turn red/unavailble and new automobile unit icons appear or replace the horse unit ones.)

Imperial Age --> Atomic Age
    The atomic bomb can be researched in this era (like the titan of AOM, can be used to demolish an entire city). Getting here would obviously be costly and atomic bombs could only be used once per game...

I think Victorian Age only applies to Great Britain, so I think it should be changed to Imperial Age like as in AOEIII. My Suggestion is therefore

Industrial Age --> Imperial Age --> Modern Age (WW1) --> Atomic Age (WW2) --> Information Age

Also, Ranger only applies to American during WWII, so I think it should be changed to Sharpshooter.

Jeep/Kubelwagen has no weapon, so it should be replaced by Armored Car in WWI.

Moreover, Grenadier should be Mortar Teams in both WWI and maybe Veteran Mortar Teams in WWII.

Cy Marlayne
    Skirmisher
    posted 09-13-05 01:55 PM EDT (US)     14 / 14       
    Now we're getting somewhere!
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames