You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » All in all, pretty sweet
Bottom
Topic Subject:All in all, pretty sweet
november
Skirmisher
posted 09-12-05 09:24 PM EDT (US)         
After playing about 12 games with the demo, I'm back to where I was before the demo came out: excited as all get out about AOE 3.

Like a lot of others here I was scratching my head over some design decisions and was mumbling to myself about ES because of some of the bugs, but now I'm hyped again.

The game seems sweet and as an old AOE 2 player (played some MP over the weekend, as a matter of fact) AOE 3 seems like a worthy successor.

AuthorReplies:
Timeless_OmO
Skirmisher
posted 09-12-05 10:46 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
I have to say that it's finally growing on me, which is saying something because no matter how much I've tried, I've never been able to get into the first two Age games. I even recently repurchased AoK, thinking that maybe my head just wasn't into it before and that since I love RoN, it would be fun if I just gave it another chance, but had no success. For some reason, it just bored me. I'm starting to get into this one, though. Can't wait to play on some more maps and vs some people instead of just the ai. Dang, I might finally like an Age game .
sexypanda
Skirmisher
posted 09-12-05 11:30 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
This is my 100th post. Surely ill use it to praise age 3

Quote:

All in all, pretty sweet.

Steel_Cat
Skirmisher
posted 09-13-05 01:00 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5       

Quote:

november]I was scratching my head over some design decisions and was mumbling to myself about ES because of some of the bugs

Quoted from sexypanda:

'All in all, pretty sweet'

Amen.

"Its never the things that happen to us that upset us, its our view of them." -Epictetus
Dual GeForce 256MB 6800 GT over SLI PCI Express x8...aaaaw yeah.
My ESO2 Stats | Screenshot Archive
november
Skirmisher
posted 09-13-05 05:21 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
It's funny, when I first played the demo I had a sinking feeling. Honestly, it felt like EE2 (not a good thing). So I fired up EE 2 just to check and AOE 3 is nothing like it--thank god!

Now I can't believe I didn't see the great sweetness straightaway. AOE 3 rocks!

Steel_Cat
Skirmisher
posted 09-13-05 06:05 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
Lol, I thought those of you who've decided you like AoE III would enjoy this little toon: Oblivious Explorer

Anyone noticed how, erm, 'underpowered' the treasure guardians are?

"Its never the things that happen to us that upset us, its our view of them." -Epictetus
Dual GeForce 256MB 6800 GT over SLI PCI Express x8...aaaaw yeah.
My ESO2 Stats | Screenshot Archive
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames