You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.29 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Does the AI learn? (and rants)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Does the AI learn? (and rants)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
pinter
Banned
posted 09-18-05 00:56 AM EDT (US)         
Firstly I want to congratulate ES on the wonderful game. Incredibly fun

I am not sure if it is just my imagination but it seems like the AI is capable of learning how I play. (wow.) Evidence being I can no longer ever defeat the Expert AI on Texas. I bet it first 3 times but now it seems like it learnt all it's mistakes and now continues to crush me with ease. Arr!

Anyone else experience something similar?

(playing on big map mod)

Might as well keep on ranting- I am sure this has been addressed but longbows are very good. Too good(?) I feel, Lancers do work against them somewhat but massed longbows...Yikes! Reminds one of massed Elite longbows in Aok!

Do people build those other cannons? Only cannon I build is the Field Gun, it is pretty much capable of everything the other cannons specialize in. My humble suggestion here is to make the other cannons bit cheaper: say 300 gold instead of 400.

In the demo the manor house do not give me extra villagers. I assume that's just a demo-bug right?

I read here how people think natives are too underpowered- or overpowered: I personally think they are just right. They don't cost any gold and they are not too overpowering. Natives should never form a core of an army anyway...I find the flavour they add to the game to be great. Good move by ES I think.

I must say I miss formations greatly. If bonousing formations is bit too hard to balance just the practical formations from AoK I would welcome alot...although I heard someplace they are not coming back...oh well not too much of a loss.

Did anyone read that? Once again, yay for a great game. Demo itself seems to be very entertaining!

[This message has been edited by pinter (edited 09-18-2005 @ 01:37 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
bassv2
Skirmisher
posted 09-18-05 09:07 PM EDT (US)     26 / 29       
yes, same issue here.

With my Realism mod, all I build is muskets, and ai have adopted to that! Also the uber cannons. Before they would just send cannons in, but after the mod, they would send in a thin line with cannons . Cannons would obliberate my army.

First with the mod:

Beta 0.1 : They kept rushing rolodo's at me, because I forogt to mod the hp down
Beta 0.2 : They rush musket at me!
Beta 0.3: Musket + Cannosn!

Dark_Gold_Saga
Skirmisher
posted 09-18-05 09:19 PM EDT (US)     27 / 29       
I don't know if the AI learn or only change the strategy randomly but in expert I make always like 30 musketeer in colonial age and win, the enemy send longbowman and musketeers, later in other game the enemy send like 6 canons and my musketeer die in second. The other thing I see if that now I make combos of units and the enemies armies never win the battlers when the enemy send then like in the minutes 15+ and now they send army in the 7+ minutes is crazy, I have the mod that unlock the level and card I don't know if that make the difference in the AI that now rush me.

We like freedom! That the lone Star flag with the sky blue triangle stand alone!
Cataphract887
Skirmisher
posted 09-18-05 09:27 PM EDT (US)     28 / 29       
but can you provide firm technical data showing this?

that mod could just be changing AI unit preferences. if unit X gets stronger than unit Y in ai's game plan,it may change it.thats not adapting to your play,just the rules

every reason ive seen here is quickly explained away

"Excellent could be any map that has the quality of a ES random map or ES scenario. AoK is an excellent, award winning game. That's where I'd start." -AnastasiaKafka

"Hard work is evil. Bitmaps are stupid. Working on a scenario for more than one afternoon is stupid. Triggers are stupid. Testing your own scenario is stupid. The world is stupid. You are the Greatest." -Ingo Van Thiel
petard_rusher
Skirmisher
posted 09-19-05 00:27 AM EDT (US)     29 / 29       
especially when you read the AI file and it says it doesnt use the info to change what troops it builds.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames